J train fastrack when?

alekr

When the MTA going to do the fastrack on the J? I am hoping that after the Broadway-Lafayette transfer finally opens maybe they could do the J fastrack.

I was thinking of this system for the J fastrack:

J train operate from Jamaica Center-Essex Street

6 trains would extend to Bowling Green to reduce transfers at Brooklyn Bridge and since the 5 doesn't go to Manhattan late night.

The workers can finally rehab the dreaded Chambers Street and fix the Bowery station.

I think it time for the MTA to do the J fastrack.

It's been talked to death. "X station on the (J) / (Z) needs rehab."

It's not going to happen soon. Priority is definitely sea beach (N) and I believe (believe. Not sure of it.) the MTA is planning a broadway (N)(Q)(R) FASTRACK next. Don't get your hopes up for either of them.

For starters, FASTRACK will not fix Chambers St as that's not the intention of the FASTRACK project. It's just to limit the number of weekend, late night, midday service disruptions on certain lines. Rehabbing Chambers St will probably require a full or partial station closure for a long time like the rest of the stations recently rehabbed.

Secondly, any and all FASTRACK-related ideas should be posted in the main FASTRACK discussion thread at the top of the subway section.

This thread is now locked.

Archived