Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
RollOver

The outcome, caused, and the affect of what or can happen in the subway!

This topic is for you to say something like "The (N) train should go back to being completely local in both Brooklyn and Manhattan to increase the frequency of both Fourth Avenue and Broadway Local service!" and another user will refute what you have said by saying "running more (R) trains would solve the problem because having the (N) 100% local via the tunnel would be so much overcrowding and delays on the (Q) at DeKalb Avenue".

This is also a way to help those think of the outcome, caused, and the affect of what or can happen before they jumped to conclusions and to prevent "fantasties" in the future of these forums whenever anything new the MTA brings up which results in subway prospals in threads. So please NO calling anyone trolls, foamers and yada yada...this thread is all about a user going like "Have the (B) run on weekends to increase the frequency of CPW local service due to the (C) using 8-cars of 60 footers and running at 10 minute headways" and you correct their points as well as along with Q&A. Talk about how ridership demands go in the subway system during a season as well as increasing more service on the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(J)(Z)(C)(R) and giving out your knowledge and facts about why this and that should or shouldn't happen while refuting the points of other users.

Read my post carefully for the first time or more and I hope you understand where I'm coming from with all this. Thanks and enjoy! ;)

I honestly don't think we need another subway "general proposals" thread...I can't think of very many good proposals that haven't already been debated.

BTW, the title "The outcome, caused, and the affect of what or can happen in the subway!" is a little misleading IMO. This should really be called "Subway Proposals Thread #2 since the first one got locked!" Just my opinion...

Edited by TheSubwayStation
  • Upvote 1

What about the (D) running 6th Avenue Local during Late-night. It can increase service to 14th Street and 23rd Street. It involves a track switch in two locations.

Plus, what about an (N) skipstop service on the Sea Beach line. I also think the (N) should run Broadway Express, the (Q) local.

I honestly don't think we need another subway "general proposals" thread...I can't think of very many good proposals that haven't already been debated.

You're right. :(

I just thought this would be more helpful so to prevent such fantasy and repetitive ideal threads in the future but I guess this would also lead to bringing that back.

Let's leave this thread and move on.

• Upvote 1

What about the (D) running 6th Avenue Local during Late-night. It can increase service to 14th Street and 23rd Street. It involves a track switch in two locations.

No! The (D) is fine the way it is. I don't want to get home any later than I should.

Enough with these theories already

• Upvote 3

You're right. :(

I just thought this would be more helpful so to prevent such fantasy and repetitive ideal threads in the future but I guess this would also lead to bringing that back.

Let's leave this thread and move on.

Agreed. I don't think that we've been having too many fantasy threads lately (contrary to common belief). This will lead to more repetition. Edited by TheSubwayStation
  • Upvote 2

Agreed. I don't think that we've been having too many fantasy threads lately (contrary to common belief). This will lead to more repetition.

I do agree. Those are two ideas I've had in my head the past two weeks.

Plus, what about an (N) skipstop service on the Sea Beach line. I also think the (N) should run Broadway Express, the (Q) local.

NOT a lot of people would ride the (N) skip-stop service on the Sea Beach Line. The <NX> express service was discontinued due to low ridership. And by the way, there are lots of people who wanted to exit to their stop from the (N) train.

The (N) is fine Broadway Local because it actually brings more customers to this train without needing a transfer to another train.

------------------------------------------

I think the (M) train should be back via the 4th Av Local so I can take it straight home and Chinatown from any (R) local stops.

That's tough to think about it though, because if the (N) train is working on renovations or service changes, the West End line will be crowded with so many trains. And 6th Av local passengers also ride the orange (M) train, So it's kind of hard to think how to improve service.

• Upvote 1

The old brown (M) would never return since the Nassau st line dosen't go to Midtown Manattan which most South Brooklyn riders want. So that is why one see empty (M) trains on West End and 4th av.

Guest Lance

Sorry folks, we have just about enough of these types of threads. We don't need any more.

Thread locked.

• Upvote 4