Workaholic's advice needed on (ugghh) Cooking..

realizm

All I do is curse Microsoft crap everyday for fixing their shitty software. Make ten year old desktops miraculously work for custom apps I could care less about. I can use some good really quick recipes that I can use. I'm wasting so much money on buying food at restaurants that it's putting a bruise in my wallet. Just throw it out there. Any ideas guys and gals?

Hurry, I'm hungry. I'm ready to dip some SO DIMMS's in peanut butter and eat it I'm so hungry...

Ok As a single guy myself (1)quick cooking dinner idea to start that very easy to make(assuming you eat chicken).

Chicken Breast(very low in sodium and good with protein)

Buy Fresh chicken breast 1-2 pounds or 2-3 slices cut should work for a single guy

marinate with lemon juice or vinegar.

Add bread crumbs(i prefer the 4c no salt version)

Add seasoning you like (i prefer garlic, mrs. dash seasoning and parakika)

Bake in oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

There you go!.

For veggies while "fresh' stuff such as the greenies is best and healthy, if you want to extend it further buy frozen organic veggies which can be stored in a good freezer for a few weeks-month.

Also it proven to stay away from frying and try to bake or broil whenever possible.

2)Breakfast ideas.

Butterball (prefered)Deli sliced Turkey Breast (much less sodium than bacon)fry for quick 2 minutes. Then add egg omlets (i like to add either cheedar cheese or morzella along with onion and green peppers)and bingo a nice Turkey Breast and egg special breakfast.

Hope it helps!

Yummy.

Lets say that I would want to carry my own lunch instead of paying 10 dollars for food that is straight up nasty. What are some good ways to prepare a really good lunch for the job?

With LOVE. ;)

But seriously, try to season your food in advance, especially meat, it really brings out the flavor.

$10.00 for lunch and you're complaining? You'd pass out if you ate lunch with me. :lol: I don't cook these days as I just go to Whole Foods or to one of my restaurants or whatever but when I lived in Italy I actually cooked a lot. The key thing is setting aside the time to go and shop and cook the food. If you want cooking tips then perhaps you should check for recipes on line. I also know that Williams Sonoma offers cooking classes as well, as well as other places.

Wow no reactions to Chef Shortline fast meals ideas for working professionals? :o

Ok As a single guy myself (1)quick cooking dinner idea to start that very easy to make(assuming you eat chicken).

Chicken Breast(very low in sodium and good with protein)

Buy Fresh chicken breast 1-2 pounds or 2-3 slices cut should work for a single guy

marinate with lemon juice or vinegar.

Add bread crumbs(i prefer the 4c no salt version)

Add seasoning you like (i prefer garlic, mrs. dash seasoning and parakika)

Bake in oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

There you go!.

For veggies while "fresh' stuff such as the greenies is best and healthy, if you want to extend it further buy frozen organic veggies which can be stored in a good freezer for a few weeks-month.

Also it proven to stay away from frying and try to bake or broil whenever possible.

Hmm, cook some fried rice the night before or just a quick one in the morning and packed that up for work tomorrow. How hard is it?

Other then that left-over dinners from the night before always works out if your budget is tight.

Wow no reactions to Chef Shortline fast meals ideas for working professionals? :o

Haha, I'd try it but cooking chicken isn't really my forte. I'd much rather cook some steak and call it a day.

Breakfast: get some crushed nut/seed mix (almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.), blue corn flour, eggs, and whip up a healthy dish of pancakes. You can pretty much replace the nut/seed mix with anything else you'd like.

Lunch: pack pasta or rice, and for flavoring make a marinade of oil (olive or canola), lemon juice, ****es, and crushed tomatoes. The mixture should be flavorful by lunch time. You can have anything on the side, but items that are quickest to prepare are vegetables which need little to no cooking.

EDIT: "s​pices" is a banned word?

Yummy.

Lets say that I would want to carry my own lunch instead of paying 10 dollars for food that is straight up nasty. What are some good ways to prepare a really good lunch for the job?

A chicken salad sandwich and a snack (Sun Chips IMO)

Yo guys these recipes are great! What I'll do is this weekend is buy all the meat and ingredients and stock up. Trexx and Peacemak3r, yeah, that's smart, cooking dinner/lunch/seasoning meat the night before. That can save me alot of time (and the grief of) sweating and suffering over the stove.

Microwave... Bachelor's best friend......

No nagging about washing dishes & taking out the trash every night......

I aint no cook, so I'll let the chef's of the forum further opinionate on this......

Microwave is great to warm up homemade foods. Still eating out reguarly is not that healthy and thus having some home cooked meals is important. Again what i do as a single guy is cook say on Sunday 2 meals for the week i.e pasta and rice included with say Chicken breasts, home made hamburgers (you can the 'fresh' ones and just bake them in a toaster oven & adding say BBQ sauce/cheese, etc)and even making low salt tuna from a can of chicken of the sea or starkist adding in onions, green peppers, celery and a broiled egg.

That what realizm was asking for simple easy ways to cook homemade foods that does not take a lot of time.

PS Off topic but related i met co-workers in their 20's/early 30's over last few years who dont even know how to cook a hot dog and was brought up to microwave everything. :D Realizm is not the 1st college educated person on that cooking issue. Many men and woman under 30 have that same problem in America. Thus why they become addicted to the fast food joints and a big factor for the weight/health problems in our society.

Yeah I think that's what I should do. When I do cook meals, cook alot of it and toss it in the fridge. When I need to carry lunch or eat dinner after I get home all I need to do is toss the grub in the microwave. Have that for dinner and a couple of beers.

Now what do I do when the dishes pile up?

Microwave is great to warm up homemade foods. Still eating out reguarly is not that healthy and thus having some home cooked meals is important. Again what i do as a single guy is cook say on Sunday 2 meals for the week i.e pasta and rice included with say Chicken breasts, home made hamburgers (you can the 'fresh' ones and just bake them in a toaster oven & adding say BBQ sauce/cheese, etc)and even making low salt tuna from a can of chicken of the sea or starkist adding in onions, green peppers, celery and a broiled egg.

That what realizm was asking for simple easy ways to cook homemade foods that does not take a lot of time.

PS Off topic but related i met co-workers in their 20's/early 30's over last few years who dont even know how to cook a hot dog and was brought up to microwave everything. :D Realizm is not the 1st college educated person on that cooking issue. Many men and woman under 30 have that same problem in America. Thus why they become addicted to the fast food joints and a big factor for the weight/health problems in our society.

LOL... Sad but true... You see my dad was in the Army for a while and was a cook and my mom learned how to cook from her mom, so here and there I would be curious and I would help cook parts of meals and it was fun to be honest. Not only that but I spend quite a bit of time watching cooking shows since I LOVE to eat, so yeah I guess for me it is strange that folks can't cook. :lol: Besides, knowing how to cook is a good thing. Chicks dig a dude that can burn (and I don't mean burn down the house either :lol:).

Being Italian I would feel quite ashamed if I didn't know how to cook anyway, but to be honest, if realizm wants to cook very little and not spend a lot of time, it is very easy to make things like salads and soups (hot or cold) and they can be healthy since he can decide what to put in them. I get a salad about every other day at Whole Foods (which I make myself) and all it takes is throwing some spinach in a container with some broccoli, shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, pecans or almonds, some cranberries or raisins and a small amount of salad dressing and maybe some plain chicken breast without the skin. Toss together and violà. That costs me about $5.00 - $6.00 tops and that's at Whole Foods and it goes by weight. Buy those ingredients yourself and make salads at home and it'll be even cheaper.

Also buying fruit is another way to eat healthy on the run. I got a big container of natural blueberries on sale today at Whole Foods for $2.99. Can't beat that. I'll have some of that with part of my lunch tomorrow. The other thing I get a lot of is yogurt. Cheap, healthy and filling. Throw some fruit or almonds in with it depending on the flavor and that's another healthy side to have.

Just a tip to those who think oatmeal is an adequate meal… you'll get hungry very fast. I made two bowls of pasta for myself 2 hours later.

Thus say on a weekend morning is only time i eat oatmeal. Kind of my side dish with main course of either turkey bacon, egg oamlet,(or homemade french toast or occasional pancakes)oatmeal and a fruit usually an apple. That fills me up and i skip lunch. Thus on Sundays i mostly have 2 'big meals' for entire day.

Thus say on a weekend morning is only time i eat oatmeal. Kind of my side dish with main course of either turkey bacon, egg oamlet,(or homemade french toast or occasional pancakes)oatmeal and a fruit usually an apple. That fills me up and i skip lunch. Thus on Sundays i mostly have 2 'big meals' for entire day.

Thats a rocking breakfast right there. skip the apple though, I just want substance

Archived