Campaign 2012: Presidential and other election news

Shortline Bus

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF; that doesn't make it acceptable behavior.

Of course not. I am just making point, that if the public really knew about the secrets in DC (I am not saying all poliitcal officals I am saying the top power players)and beyond, with money involved and how many in Congress becomes rich you have to wonder. Thus that why they kept how the pols get rich after they leave quiet. If the public really knew, it would make Watergate look like a small time operation. That what i mean Joe.

:sigh: And this is reason for Obama to avoid speaking about his record? It's like the Swiftboat crap with John Kerry all over again... This is why politics is so vile and disgusting. How about debate the actual topics and leave out the personal crap, which have nothing to do with the issues? Ftr, I saw the birth certificate controversy as a bunch of nonsense as well.

What are you talking about? Obama always speaks about his record. This is not personal, this is about whether or not he cheated on his taxes and potentially committed a felony regarding Bain. The birther stuff was nonsense, this is not. And it's not a partisan issue either, Republicans from as far to the right as the National Review are calling for his records. Romney may well be a criminal, and the public needs to know.

Unless the canadiate commited a major felony i.e murder/manslaughter, rape or abusing his/her kids, this other stuff is useless. Half of the politicans in DC and Governors around the country would be out of office if we found the truth on how they got rich from tax breaks to insider trading on wall street.

Romney's a rich guy. All rich guys put their money in offshore banks. All the politicians do it. It is nothing new. Move on.

How does that make it in any way okay? That's a lie, not all politicians nor all rich guys do it, only tax cheats do. Not to mention it's way more than that, there's also the question of whether or not he committed a felony in his "retroactive retirement." Shortline you mean to tell me it'd take him being a rapist for you to care? That he can cheat his taxes and commit crimes and you'd still vote for him? That's insane.

There's an issue here if I'm agreeing with Joe, but this is completely right:

WTF; that doesn't make it acceptable behavior.

Good post.

What are you talking about? Obama always speaks about his record. This is not personal, this is about whether or not he cheated on his taxes and potentially committed a felony regarding Bain. The birther stuff was nonsense, this is not. And it's not a partisan issue either, Republicans from as far to the right as the National Review are calling for his records. Romney may well be a criminal, and the public needs to know.

How does that make it in any way okay? That's a lie, not all politicians nor all rich guys do it, only tax cheats do. Not to mention it's way more than that, there's also the question of whether or not he committed a felony in his "retroactive retirement." Shortline you mean to tell me it'd take him being a rapist for you to care? That he can cheat his taxes and commit crimes and you'd still vote for him? That's insane.

There's an issue here if I'm agreeing with Joe, but this is completely right:

Good post.

MHV my point is you know how polilticans dont come clean on taxes? I am not condoing Romney and i agree with the public he should come clean. With that said, I also agree with Tokemon says that many rich businessman have bank accounts/stocks outside the US. And MHV if you read my posts carefully I never said all politicans cheat to become rich. I am making point some do become rich that well. Including your buddy Charlie Rangel who in 40 years was a Korean War Hero working class guy to Millionarie. Some get caught and some don't.

My comment is politicans being crooked is more common than sadly we want to see and the media does a bad job on focusing on some and not at all. I never said all politicans are crooks or get rich illegaly.

That my point.

Yeah, okay, and they're tax cheats if they're doing that. That doesn't seem like an issue to anybody? The president of the country cheating his taxes? If that's the case, why should anybody pay...

Again not saying your wrong if these allegations are true. My point is this allegled Romney Tax cheat issue is tip of the iceberg and more *not all* pols do it than we want to see. That i am trying to say.

Fair enough, but that's an iceberg we need to explore in that case. I'd like very much to know whether or not Romney has been paying his taxes, and I think a lot of other people want to know -- it's a very legitimate question for a major public official.

Fair enough, but that's an iceberg we need to explore in that case. I'd like very much to know whether or not Romney has been paying his taxes, and I think a lot of other people want to know -- it's a very legitimate question for a major public official.

Speaking of "skeltons" in their closet, the birther issue for Barack Obama is now back in the news. Get rid kiddies for the ugliest and diriest Presdential campaign maybe in American history this fall. :o It might make even TMZ or the WWE blush.

http://www.huffingto...nk3&pLid=180514

Make the taxes go to useful things, then talk about people actually paying them.

Were schools, fire departments, police departments, subways, buses, bridges, highways, hospitals, social services, sanitation, and water supply not useful enough for you? That's a clown comment, bro.

Speaking of "skeltons" in their closet, the birther issue for Barack Obama is now back in the news. Get rid kiddies for the ugliest and diriest Presdential campaign maybe in American history this fall. :o It might make even TMZ or the WWE blush.

Just plain stupid, sorry that they're desperate enough to bring this racist issue back up.

That man is a nut. He should focus on his failed sex-crime investigations.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were being dishonest on his taxes. Just another businessman, imo.

I agree with you 100%, Joe. I just can't believe he'd put himself in a position like this knowing that the other side and the press would scrutinize his financial dealings. If I was doing as well financially as he appears to have done I'd continue in that line of work and not run for President if I had to open my books up for my opponent, the press, and (maybe) the IRS. IDK, maybe the chance of being the POTUS makes a person take risks a prudent person wouldn't.

I think romney should release his tax returns as soon as obama releases his college transcripts, and how he was able to get into columbia and harvard with his admittingly bad grades from his cocaine use at occidental college. and he should also reveal how he got the money to pay the tuition. he promised to be the most transparent president ever, so prove it and btw he should also tell the los angeles times to release the videotape of obama at the rashid kalidi dinner.

joe

I think romney should release his tax returns as soon as obama releases his college transcripts, and how he was able to get into columbia and harvard with his admittingly bad grades from his cocaine use at occidental college. and he should also reveal how he got the money to pay the tuition. he promised to be the most transparent president ever, so prove it and btw he should also tell the los angeles times to release the videotape of obama at the rashid kalidi dinner.

joe

Really now? George Bush, one of the dumbest idiots to ever hold office goes to Yale and nobody asks questions, then a black president goes to Harvard and everything goes asking for proof that he actually got in? For Chrissakes, smh sometimes.

Just for the record, touching coke once doesn't make you an addict either.

joe

Well Phantom. Gov. Romney in important pre-GOP Convention CBS News/NY Times poll(it occurs right after the Olympics guys in August)has a 1-2% lead nationally over Mr. Obama. Basically this poll suggets, this race is in a tie.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/obama-approval-rating-economy_n_1684611.html?ref=@pollster&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D181033

Interesting. The economy is really what will decide this election I think. Rumors of the Midwest drought and further skyrocketing Gas will cause people to vote for Romney.

Agree that the economy will decide the election. However, this race is too close and too early right now to guess pre conventions. What will be huge for Romney for chance to win (not endorsing him or Obama yet as I am an indepenent voter)speaking objectly.

1)His VP pick (not another Dan Quayle or Sarah Palin fisaco) 2)How he performs in the debates. 3)Economy/Unemployment and job creation going down to crap i.e close to 2008 rates. 4) The winner of Independent voters, Latinos, and other undecied voters 5)He wins most of the "Swing" states i.e Fla., Ohio, Virgina and the rocky mountain states like Col while holding on to GOP strongholds such as the Deep South and Texas.

Really now? George Bush, one of the dumbest idiots to ever hold office goes to Yale and nobody asks questions, then a black president goes to Harvard and everything goes asking for proof that he actually got in? For Chrissakes, smh sometimes.

Just for the record, touching coke once doesn't make you an addict either.

LOL, typical answer, First of all Bush got into Yale as a "legacy" because his father went there. Tens of thousands of students get into colleges because of legacy policies. second of all, Bush stated he was a "C" student at Yale, which every lib pundit ran with it.

Now for your insinuation that its racist to question anything about Obama, that garbage is getting old.I did not question his intelligence, what Im questioning is how he got in, and how his tuition was paid. If he has nothing to hide, then show it and be proud of it.

I also did not call Obama a cocaine addict, I called him a cocaine user, which he admitted too, reading is fundamental.

Now if Romney didnt pay all his taxes, that will bother me, but if thats the worst hes done, that still 1,000 times better than a President with ties to marxists, terrorists, and his blatant disreguard for the constitution.

Joe

Now for your insinuation that its racist to question anything about Obama, that garbage is getting old.I did not question his intelligence, what Im questioning is how he got in, and how his tuition was paid. If he has nothing to hide, then show it and be proud of it.

Do you hear yourself? "I'm not questioning his intelligence...but how'd he get in?" And what, you think he didn't pay tuition? Come on.

I also did not call Obama a cocaine addict, I called him a cocaine user, which he admitted too, reading is fundamental.

Don't patronize me. You know exactly what you were bringing up there, even claiming he was a user is a stretch.

Now if Romney didnt pay all his taxes, that will bother me, but if thats the worst hes done, that still 1,000 times better than a President with ties to marxists, terrorists, and his blatant disreguard for the constitution.

This fictional president you have in mind seems fascinating.

LOL, typical answer, First of all Bush got into Yale as a "legacy" because his father went there. Tens of thousands of students get into colleges because of legacy policies. second of all, Bush stated he was a "C" student at Yale, which every lib pundit ran with it.

Joe

Not to get off topic but I got to say this. Yale and Harvard needs to stop that crap IMO of "legacy" which is basically neoptism. Just because daddy was 1st in his class at Yale Law school for instance, it should not gurantee that his son or daugther has a 90%-plus of getting in either. If the ivy league alum kids only have a "C" GPA let go them to say the state college like everyone else. :angry:

Was Sarah Palin really a fiasco?

She negated McCain's 'experience' platform and I think she kinda drove away the single women vote because they felt intimidated by her (then again single women tend to vote Democrat anyway). But it was more McCain being the 'nice guy' that sunk him and taking on the economy issue too late by being stuck on the security stuff. Finally I don't think he was ever able to shake off the 'Bush 3' label.

All in all, I don't Palin should be concidered at all. She's a liability. They should stop trying to pick VP choices just to appease a certain group Palin for women or Rubio for Latinos. Just pick someone who's competent and won't be a lightening rod like Joe Biden is.

Archived