How to improve the Queens Blvd Line On The Weekends?

alekr

Who's going to pay the bill? You? What, you got millions of dollars in the bank to fund this proposal?

Psst, hey BTW can I borrow a couple of million dollars plz? I'll pay you back I promise..... :D

When I said that had the 60th Street Tube be 4-tracked I might that it should have been when they started constructing the Broadway Line in the past....Learn to ask proper questions before you insult me you damn bastard! :angry::angry::angry:

I am not going to get attacked by any user (even that member JoeUpFront)...

Whoa, what? Who said I was trying to insult you? Over a non-inflammatory comment? I swear stop being so serious.

Smiley emoticons are available and used for a reason. To show that a comment is posted in good jest as I did in this case. If I was really trying to insult you believe me you will know. But that was'nt my intentions here in regards your post. Please don't have a tantrum out of something that is an non-issue.

Leave the garbage at the door before you speak. It works wonders. With that I'm done discussing this idiocy in this tthat post and would like to get back on topic.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's no solution.

If you say you see 6 expresses pass by, that's 30 minutes, in which time three (R) trains are supposed to arrive. If reliability is the issue, adding (M) or (E) trains is not going to solve it.

Adding the (E) or (M)will solve it, as long as intervals are at sync, and the ®/(M) or ®/(E) come at a logical time so waiting intervals won't kill people's patience.

A lot of those (E) riders already got to take a lengthy bus ride just to get to the (E) train.... let it stay express.

A lot of (E) riders already have nearly hour long commutes with the (E) train express.

1) Regardless of transfers, the (E) still runs local Late Nights, and the stations added is only 10 that won't effect much at most so why not Weekends?

2) We're NOT talking about Weekdays, if this is about Weekday service, I'd be 1,000,000/100% against the (E) running local! This is about Weekends ONLY.

A lot of those (E) riders already got to take a lengthy bus ride just to get to the (E) train.... let it stay express.

A lot of (E) riders already have nearly hour long commutes with the (E) train express.

I'm one of those occasional bus riders(n4 to Parsons/Archer) to the (E) so I agree.

I would also make the (E) skip Briarwood-Van Wyck and 75 Av on weekends.

Thats what you call CBTC.

Oh that's right I forgot. CBTC will be installed on the QBL eventually after the Flushing project is done, right? That should solve all problems with wait times right there. Along with increased R service for the local folks for an alternative to Manhattan. It would indirectly benefit Brooklyn riders as well.

Oh that's right I forgot. CBTC will be installed on the QBL eventually after the Flushing project is done, right? That should solve all problems with wait times right there. Along with increased R service for the local folks for an alternative to Manhattan. It would indirectly benefit Brooklyn riders as well.

But we are going to have to wait about 8 years for that to happen.

Possible solutions:

1.Increase the number of R trains.

2.Send the G back to 71st Continental.

3.You can also keep M trains running during the weekends.

#1 seems like the most logical. I am sure people along the R would definitely appreciate that.

#2 would also work.

#3 would work, but would probably be most expensive.

Out of these options, I actually like #3 the most because of the "side benefits". This would benefit Williamsburg/Bushwick residents a lot as a side benefit as well as help out the (F) line in both Manhattan and Queens, especially when there are service changes. The (J) train would get some help too.

Then why does the (E) run Local at night?

I looked at the track map, and it seems that there is no problem of the (F) going Local as it enters Queens Boulevard. The end looks fine too. But then again, it is just priorities. Like the (5) over the (4). The (D) over the (N) on 4 Av. The (3) over the (2). The (D) over the (A) on CPW. Just priorities. I also think the (E) runs Local at nights to replace the (M) and (R). Since it is coming up on the (M), might as well go Local.

(F) running local would be wayyy too long, considering that it's running all the way from Coney Island. The (E) would be the most logical idea, and really people could just time right so they can get to the JFK Airtrain and to the Airport without missing their flight, same for bus riders, y'all can hop on the (E) and X-Fer to the (F) if you don't like Local or Slow.

No Way, people need to get to the AIRPORT via the (E) and the AIRTRAIN.

Question is: Why don't they make the (F) local? also late nights as well.

People take the (F) for the same reasons they take the (E). They need to get to Manhattan, Jamaica, and key stops along the Queens Blvd line. Plus, I don't think it can switch onto the 63rd Street Line tracks from the local tracks.

People take the (F) for the same reasons they take the (E). They need to get to Manhattan, Jamaica, and key stops along the Queens Blvd line. Plus, I don't think it can switch onto the 63rd Street Line tracks from the local tracks.

Ummm, then why does the (R) go on 63 street to access the Broadway via Queens Boulevard local during those G.O's

It actually can

(F) running local would be wayyy too long, considering that it's running all the way from Coney Island. The (E) would be the most logical idea, and really people could just time right so they can get to the JFK Airtrain and to the Airport without missing their flight, same for bus riders, y'all can hop on the (E) and X-Fer to the (F) if you don't like Local or Slow.

So the (A) runs local all the way from Far Rockaway-207th during late nights and not to mention its the longest route in the system.

It's not just weekends. Yesterday I waited 15min for a s/b (R) at Jay St at 3PM. The train which showed up decided to battery run from Pacific to 36, stopping only at 9 St. At Bay Ridge, I boarded the next n/b (R), which expressed from 86 St to 59 St. The train behind it was deadheaded up to 36 St and started there.

The (R) should run every 8min during off peak hours. The (C) has the same problem, but ridership is usually much less. As someone who can choose between the (A) and (C), I feel bad for the riders at the Brooklyn local stops. Their rush hour headway is 10min!

As for making the (E)(F) local, the (F) will never happen because of the high number of people transferring at 179th to buses. The weekend (E)...maybe.

And since 6/28, aren't the only lines with weekend headways < 8min the (L)(7)?

Can I mention that at nights, the (R) is the 95 St Shuttle, and the (D) is the West End Shuttle. The (E) needs to run Local. The (F) is fine to me. Both of them should be running Local, but the (F) is just running Express because it can. The only reason the (A) is Local in Manhattan at nights is because it runs Local in Fulton.

Archived