Attention forum posters. Tell me your opinion

Novabus 5000

Should the MTA change the destination signs from green to orange  

1. 1. Should the MTA change the destination signs from green to orange

Netiher! I think the MTA should go back to rollsigns like on the fishbowls and GMC RTS. Nice and colorful on the fishbowls and easy to read same goes for the RTS's.

Not to mention rollsigns are more relaible and rarely ever brake down!

Rollsigns would be nice, at least we still have a couple of buses around today with some, but as far as the poll goes yes, I say switch to ornage LED.

Netiher! I think the MTA should go back to rollsigns like on the fishbowls and GMC RTS. Nice and colorful on the fishbowls and easy to read same goes for the RTS's.

Not to mention rollsigns are more relaible and rarely ever brake down!

Dude, MTA is waaay too big to have roll signs now. Thats too many routes needed for some buses. Mainly the RTS' and MCI's that are swaped between NYCT and MTAB. It might take you 10 minutes to find one route! If there weren't so many routes that could be an idea.

Dude, MTA is waaay too big to have roll signs now. Thats too many routes needed for some buses. Mainly the RTS' and MCI's that are swaped between NYCT and MTAB. It might take you 10 minutes to find one route! If there weren't so many routes that could be an idea.

I would manufacture depot by depot rollsigns, but that would take too much money/time to replace them at every depot switch.

• 1 month later...
I like the orange signs but I think blue would look best. Green is a really bad color for LCD's especially on the O5's.

That green isn't LCD, it's illuminated flip disc, which LED (usually) trumps. And unless it's a kind of light blue, I'd have to stick with orange. Those things are bright!

I do! Have you seen how good it looks on Nova RTS 5105?

There's also an ex-Triboro (7xxx) Orion V CNG that has orange LEDs, and it looks great.

That green isn't LCD, it's illuminated flip disc, which LED (usually) trumps. And unless it's a kind of light blue, I'd have to stick with orange. Those things are bright!

There's also an ex-Triboro (7xxx) Orion V CNG that has orange LEDs, and it looks great.

7253 is it? I cant remember I love it but I havent seen it in months :)

7253 is it? I cant remember I love it but I havent seen it in months :)

Not sure... I saw it just today, but I can't remember the entire number. All I know is that it's an ex-Triboro because (1) the 7xxx number and (2) one Triboro (when it was still Triboro) Orion V had orange LED signs, so I'm thinking that would be the same bus.

Archived