New buses on the Q44

alekr

Today I finally rode those newfangled bus on the Q44. What did you guys think of the new buses? To me it is very nice that it can hold more people. Since the Q44 is very busy bus for many people. But the flaw I see is that when the school is in session I think that Q44 goes through several high schools and those students could use the 3rd (last door) in the back to get in the bus (fare evaders). The MTA should had installed survellence cameras on those doors or have eagle eyed inspectors like the SBS.

I wished they would put seats on the center turnables like the older accordication style buses. It is fun to sit in the center and feel like you are in a ride.

The LFS's. Security Camera's cost money! And HS students could do that with the Orion's and RTS's.

Even with New Flyer Artic.

One time when I was living in Yorkvillse, walking past M86 Westbound bus stop at Lexington Av, teen jump through rear door.

At that time, I did not know situation what I was suppose to do.

Are the artics in service on the weekends yet? The past two weekends I didn't see any, yet this afternoon at 4pm the majority were artics.

I think they use it on the weekdays to fit in more people while the weekends they don't use the artics.

not to sound nitpicky but thats actually an LFSA. The LFS is the 40 ft one

I didn't think you was being nitpicky at all. I was thinking the same thing when I read the caption of the photo.

I do have to give it to user "Quill Depot" for taking the time to look for a photo and post it in this topic. Not many of us would take the extra time to do so in the first place.

Archived