WPIX blacked out on Cablevision

Orion VII 4 Life

WPIX-TV New York and several other Tribune-owned stations have gone dark on the Cablevision system amid a dispute over retransmission fees.

Cablevision said in a statement Friday that Tribune and its hedge fund owners were "demanding tens of millions in new fees from WPIX and other stations they own."

It called on the company to stop its "anti-consumer demands and work productively to reach an agreement."

The Tribune Broadcasting Company said the blackout happened in the middle of negotiations. It said it occurred despite its "unconditional offer to extend the current retransmission agreement with no change in its terms."

The other stations that went dark on Friday are: WCCT, carried in parts of Connecticut; KWGN in some Optimum West markets; and WPHL in parts of New Jersey.

Read more at: http://www.nypost.co...K#ixzz23pMRSNYG

I was watching PIX just a little bit ago and a box came up on the bottom of the screen that said Cablevision had dropped them. Like I've said plenty of times before, I'm a FiOS customer who finds FiOS 1000 times better than Crappyvision, so this doesn't affect me. But, Cablevision still has their customers, and a lot of people are gonna be without a free over-the-air channel yet again because of Cablevision. Think about it, over the past few years they've pulled Fox 5, ABC 7, and now PIX, all of which are free over the air channels which I don't think any cable/satellite company should have to pay for. It's always Cablevision being involved with these disputes. Sure, sometimes DirecTV, Time Warner, Comcast, and even FiOS get their share of disputes like this, but Cablevision always ends up with more of them, and I'm surprised their customers just sit through it each time, especially the ones with FiOS availability in their area. I recall one of their recent disputes, I believe when they pulled Fox 5 about a year ago, the channel was off the air for a REALLY long time, like a month, and most people stuck with them including ourselves at the time.

So, what do you guys think?

I just would never move to an area locked to Cablevision, though their News12 has some qulaity reports, I still dislike the overall Cablevision Company. When I was in residential school, they offer Optimum, so when Cablevision pulled ABC7, I experienced it, it sucks considering I sometimes like their style of reporting on certain topics. I am forever not into Cablevision after that happened.

lol @ blacking out PIX......

channel 11 is for the birds.... ever since they took off my honeymooners on monday mornings b/w 1-2am, I don't seek to want to watch anything on that channel...... besides, a black screen is better than their PIX news anyway......

The Dolans are at it again! Just when they get praise for finally putting NFL Network this do this crap.

This sucks for people who watch PIx/Ch.11 and their CW programming and hard to believe their Mets baseball coverage. Like B35, I dont watch PIX any more since they fired former anchor Jim Watkins and demoted Katy Tong. That for another topic though.

I am so happy I am not in Brooklyn anymore for that crap. Feel bad for those who live in condos and apartments where only CV is allowed. Still this is a shame.

The peeps at FOX 5 news are probably like :D over this news.

IIRC, PIX was winning the ratings war ever since Greg Kelly switched to the 10PM slot replacing Ernie.

PIX news was throwing subliminals at F0X 5 news in ads these past couple of weeks, claiming Fox 5 news isn't "fair" when discussing stories about Bloomberg and Ray Kelly, as yall know, Greg is Ray Kelly's son.

lol... they got some other network now that took the channel 11 slot.... the style channel or somethin another.....

just checked it to see if it there wan an actual black screen (lol)....

heard the theme song of that old show "sister, sister" (tia/tamera mowry) & immediately turned it back to my married w/ children....

lol... they got some other network now that took the channel 11 slot.... the style channel or somethin another.....

just checked it to see if it there wan an actual black screen (lol)....

heard the theme song of that old show "sister, sister" (tia/tamera mowry) & immediately turned it back to my married w/ children....

:lol:

Archived