Blue Door Steps on Coney Island R68's

VIP

that blue paint is on the Thresholds because to see if the train hits a platform edge then you would see the scrapes on the blue or red part of the threshold ( basicly to see if the threshold scrapes the platform), they used to use yellow on the R44's and yellow and Red on the R32's and R38's now that the current color is red now on all 222 plus R32's and most of the R46's have the Red paint on the thresholds as well as the concourse R68's on the (D) so now CI is SMS'ing their R68's they are painting the Thresholds Blue so Blue might be the New Color, they canned the Yellow back in 2008

• 1 month later...

*UPDATE* the (A)'s R46's are getting their (thresholds) Door steps painted Green... why the change in color? and if this is to "basically to see if the threshold scrapes the platform edge" then why don't R160's get their door steps painted?

*UPDATE* the (A)'s R46's are getting their (thresholds) Door steps painted Green... why the change in color? and if this is to "basically to see if the threshold scrapes the platform edge" then why don't R160's get their door steps painted?

Thats the New Official Color for the Thresholds now, It was stated on subchat why, so they want em all done by march

You believe the stuff that goes on at SubChat?

Dude the person who wrote it on Subchat happens to be a retierd TA supervisor who gets first hand info, Subchat HAS WAY BETTER soruces than this site, they may flame eacthother to death but when it comes to the real deal then they tell you, it obvious that they changed the color, (i don't get the green but to them its a better color to see where the thresholds hit) blue would have been better, red is too plain and yellow wasn't a good choice ether, they started this with the concourse R68's, then 207th and pitkin started this with their R32,38's and R44's

Those thresh hold plates are being painted in blue now because........ Well, 1st of all, they paint it to see if they are hitting the platform edges, like somebody already mentioned. We get at least 1 broken thresh hold plate per day, so they wanted to come down to it. When they were painted it in Red, we found it being hit on the platform edges at several stations & it was fixed (Supposed to be). But Since we are still getting more broken plates, we need to find out where its being hit (The whole process again, all over). We can't use the same 'red' color because platform edges already have 'red color scrapes'. So we wont be able to tell if it is was a previous scrape or a new scrape. That is why they change color often. ........................ [From what i heard, its mostly happening at 59/Columbus & the cause they were saying it was, Trains over speed entering the station and/or Loose Track tie].

..... They dont do this to the 160's because its a new tech train, where it has more control over the lateral movement of the Car Body (Movement of the car body side to side). So it is not suppose to hit the platform.

Dude the person who wrote it on Subchat happens to be a retierd TA supervisor who gets first hand info, Subchat HAS WAY BETTER soruces than this site, they may flame eacthother to death but when it comes to the real deal then they tell you,

Where was it that I read that the P was coming back?

Where was it that I read that the P was coming back?

Besides that , i can confirm that they are indeed painting the door steps on the 46s (A)(C) Green, as i saw two sets with those this morning. So yea the subchat thread was correct. Don't judge the entire site by 1 post as that is being ignorant.

Archived