Remember soft cushion seats on local buses?

alekr

Well yes this is true, but also wear and tear had to be a contributing factor. Those soft seats on a local bus just get destroyed compared to how long they last on express buses.

This is true. My neighbors and I hated when those buses were used on the Q26. The cushions were worn out, the springs were exposed, and half the seats weren't habitable.

I hated it when the express buses were used as local buses out of Ulmer Park.

During the rush hour it was next to the impossible to move on these buses and forget about the seats which were disaster areas. They delayed service as passengers took much longer to get on and off the bus as many people did not want (or could not) move in the bus. I dreaded seeing those buses whether on the B/3 or the B/36 during any time of the day.

In late 2007 when the bus division transferred 9383 - 9429 (no 9417) from Flatbush to Yukon. I was fit to be tied as those buses were good buses and would have been welcomed by Ulmer Park. I thought that if they sent the express buses from Ulmer Park to Yukon at that time, we would have been better off as the "kids" on Staten Island would have had fun with them. Thankfully, both the buses and Ulmer Park got their wish as one year later 9383 -9429 were transferred to Ulmer Park and the expresses were sent somewhere else.

Good riddance!

Archived