Let's Prioritize Weekend Subway Improvements

Q10 Airport

I have been noticing a pattern that the Queens Blvd riders want improved Queens Blvd Service, the Central Park West riders want improved Central Park West service, the Lexington Av riders want improved Lexington Av service, the 4th Av riders want improved 4th Av service, etc. Let's actually talk about what service change is needed the most instead of saying that every line needs improved service. The MTA can't realistically afford to improve weekend service on every last line, so we'll have to prioritize.

Well in my opinion all of those lines you mentioned do in all honesty need serious improvements. But the big ones is definitely the Lexington Ave line and the Broadway/7th Avenue line.

Lexington Avenue is fine on weekends. Trains are back to back.

Lexington Avenue is fine on weekends. Trains are back to back.

Yeah I hear you but there's way too much delays on certain weekends. And I'm sure it's not due to a GO. Unless there are either Yankees games or events in the city but otherwise the trains are really overcrowded, particularly the (6). But that's just my observations. I'll research into it some more in a bit.

The inconsistency of the (2) is more of an issue.

Exactly hence my issue with that IRT line. The (1) is crowded with a high number of passengers per car but the headways are ok, it's the (2) and I can't understand why? The (3) seems to always be pretty much on schedule with actual room for a seat most of the time which is a good thing.

12-minute Weekend service sucks, but service improvement isn't direly needed, here on Nostrand Av anyway. The inconsistency of the (2) is more of an issue.

Exactly hence my issue with that IRT line. The (1) is crowded with a high number of passengers per car but the headways are ok, it's the (2) and I can't understand why?

Complain to MTA; posting about it here is pointless

Got off the wrong side of the bed this morning? It's just a discussion not a press conference. Then answer me this: What is the whole point of this website if we cant discuss transit related matters? Just answer the question plz. Thank you.

Here's what I think: just add service where it's need more and take away from where it's not needed as much. GO FIGURE

The problem is that everyone seems to think that their line needs more service, and no one will say that their service is not needed as much on weekends. Hence why threads have been started on improving CPW, Lexington Avenue, and QBL service in just the last couple of weeks. That's why I started the thread, to determine which weekend improvement is needed most.

As for what I think, the (R) should take priority. While Lex may be crowded on weekends the headways are decent. While the (C) has lousy headways the light weekend ridership at Fulton Local stops may not justify increased (C) service. The (R), however, suffers from both lousy headways and heavy usage throughout the line.

The problem is that everyone seems to think that their line needs more service, and no one will say that their service is not needed as much on weekends. Hence why threads have been started on improving CPW, Lexington Avenue, and QBL service in just the last couple of weeks. That's why I started the thread, to determine which weekend improvement is needed most.

As for what I think, the (R) should take priority. While Lex may be crowded on weekends the headways are decent. While the (C) has lousy headways the light weekend ridership at Fulton Local stops may not justify increased (C) service. The (R), however, suffers from both lousy headways and heavy usage throughout the line.

I meant (MTA) wise. they should seek where service is more and less needed.

Archived