Staten Island Supplemental(school) service

Metro

I think no one on school tripper has never fight on school tripper.

I remember I had awful experience when I took S56 school tripper ride to Eltingvingville Transit Center because I had no idea where X17C picks up and did not know X17C drop me off on Pick Up Spot.

From my experience, students will throwing paper balls, some doing study, and they were very loud.

I kept wondering how does Castlenton/Yukon Depots B/O stay focus with distracted, misbehaving student.

Student did not stand on bus and no passengers did not go on school tripper.

I remember I had awful experience when I took S56 school tripper ride to Eltingvingville Transit Center because I had no idea where X17C picks up and did not know X17C drop me off on Pick Up Spot.

From my experience, students will throwing paper balls, some doing study, and they were very loud.

I kept wondering how does Castlenton/Yukon Depots B/O stay focus with distracted, misbehaving student.

That sounds horrible.

lol... Typical and disturbing.

You sure dont know IS61.

IS61 has at least 2 fights on the 10 buses, especially going to St George. (4x S42 st george, 4x S46 St.george, 2x S46 to mariners harbor.

Its not just horseplay. Innocent ppl leave the bus with injurys. About every 10 schooldays, the bus driver kicks us off the 42 halfway along the rt. cuz SOMEBODY keeps pulling the emergency door openr. To school is ok.

Sometimes though, it can get preety uncrowded. I renember one time on the 4th S42 it was just me and a friend so we had paper war.

Thats funny. Studying on a S46/S42 bus 2 st george. Good joke. LOL!

BTW, manhattan has only 2 rts. that have school trippers.

SI probably has the highest School tripper ridership in the city. Most don't even have any in the AM. Tottenville HS is just as busy in the AM as in in the PM and probably the busiest school in the city.

Yes. Queens & Staten Island are similar. Both have tons of LTD/XPR routes and supplementql ridership. The thing is, Staten Islands proportion of regular to School/Express/LTD routes is too little. We have too much Express service for a unpopulated borough,mainly b/c no subways to manhattan. BTW are the buses violent in queens?

Yes. Queens & Staten Island are similar. Both have tons of LTD/XPR routes and supplementql ridership. The thing is, Staten Islands proportion of regular to School/Express/LTD routes is too little. We have too much Express service for a unpopulated borough,mainly b/c no subways to manhattan. BTW are the buses violent in queens?

Not really. Only thing is the kids scream on those trippers (Unfortunately I took some of them) and they just like act like they would in school. Like idiots

You sure dont know IS61.

IS61 has at least 2 fights on the 10 buses, especially going to St George. (4x S42 st george, 4x S46 St.george, 2x S46 to mariners harbor.

Its not just horseplay. Innocent ppl leave the bus with injurys. About every 10 schooldays, the bus driver kicks us off the 42 halfway along the rt. cuz SOMEBODY keeps pulling the emergency door openr. To school is ok.

Sometimes though, it can get preety uncrowded. I renember one time on the 4th S42 it was just me and a friend so we had paper war.

I think there's an S46 tripper to the West Shore Plaza (or at least, there used to be). I actually used to catch some of those trippers when I left school.

I dunno. When I take the bus, it's usually relatively quiet as far as horseplay goes. You might get some loud, obnoxious kids, but usually nothing serious. I remember once on an S44 tripper, some idiots had a paperball fight, and the B/O shut down the bus at Forest Avenue. Luckily, there was an S59 in front of us, so I just jumped on that.

Thats funny. Studying on a S46/S42 bus 2 st george. Good joke. LOL!

BTW, manhattan has only 2 rts. that have school trippers.

SI probably has the highest School tripper ridership in the city. Most don't even have any in the AM. Tottenville HS is just as busy in the AM as in in the PM and probably the busiest school in the city.

I remember back at my school, there was a time at the beginning of the school year when we didn't have S46 trippers going towards St. George (Now we have 2). So we would pile on the first St. George-bound S46 that pulled in (which already had close to a seated load with riders from Mariners' Harbor & Elm Park). That bus would get crowded to the point where people were sitting in awkward places (leaning against the windows while somebody else took the seat, sitting on that thing over the front wheel well if it was an O7, etc). If that bus got into an accident, that B/O would've been in some deep shit. At least the good thing is that it was too crowded to fight or anything.

Another time, I remember an S46 pulled into the stop near Curtis High School (just outside the ferry), and the kids had to push each other in the way they do in Japan.

(In the AM rush, I wish we had some trippers like Tottenville. Or just more service in general)

But in any case, I get nauseated when I have to read on a bus. I can do some light work (like math) that doesn't require concentration, but nothing more than that.

Where I live, (Upstate), I normally don't take the school trippers, but for the most part, with the Delaware and Whitehall runs, you just got some kids screaming and cursing at you out the window while the bus drives by you. Those two are realitvly empty inside, so it seems kind of difficult to pick a fight without the B/O noticing you. (I know at least the B/O of the Whitehall run, kicks anybody off who antognises anybody.) On the Western Ave run, based off of what I have seen when I pass by it,. everyone just sits still, and keeps to themselves. The 13 tripper, is always packed to capacity, and it's always rowdy, but nobody ever gets hurt or anything. It's just a run you wouldn't want to take if you didn't have too. (Hence, why unlike the other trippers, it's drop-off only.) And the few Albany High runs iv'e seen, are pretty much empty, and they let regular passengers on, so it can't be that bad.

EDIT: Oh so you wanna here about the fights? Only fight iv'e personally witnessed (altough I heard one happened on the AM run), was on the Whitehall run. I was walking parallel to it, when I heard "OHH"'s coming from the bus. I also hear it's engine shut off. I look behind me, and the B/O was in the process of kicking the two starters off the bus. i looked at the kid that got punched, and there was nothing major, just a punch and a scratch or two. And when the starters walked off the bus they were like "NAW MAN, WE AINT NEED NO DAMN BUS, CRUSTY ASS BUS DRIVER." The B/O never let them on her bus again, and everybody else has enough common sense to not start fights, because thye value their bus service! (It's a good 1-4 miles the bus goes, and it doesn't run the route of a regular bus)

More?

I think we should change the title to World Regional School Tripper and moved to World Transit System.

Another one I remember before I move here in NYC from Japan, I think I was in Miyazaki City on Kyushu Prefecture (which is South island)

In Japan, we do not have school bus. School Bus in Japan are mainly for Kindergarden and it's called Kindergarden Bus.

I remember I was in Japanese bus with students heading to swimming pool I think. We were in countryside seems with lots of looklike farms as you see in "Spirited Away".

As we near the intersection, B/O took wrong turn because our student were distracting B/O by making noise.

Archived