Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
limitednyc

nycta/mtab and cng artics

No, I don't think so. I don't even think a CNG articulated bus has ever entered New York City. Very rare to see one of those. Why do you ask?

• Upvote 1

Because routes like the B35 could run artics, and routes like bx15, bx19 run in an cng depot (wf) . and may be even the b103 in (sc) could be comverted to artics.

Actually it's not the routes that can run artics..

It's actually the DEPOT.. Some depots can handle articulated buses. You said B35 could run artics, but their buses are based out of the Jackie Gleason Bus Depot. From looking at the forums here, no one mentioned that the JG can run articulated buses.

• Upvote 1

depots like jg, sc could be retofitted for artics as been done at 126, gh,cs and is being done at fb, jfk,, and bp now.

• Upvote 1

I think we should change the title to World Regional School Tripper and moved to World Transit System.

Another one I remember before I move here in NYC from Japan, I think I was in Miyazaki City on Kyushu Prefecture (which is South island)

In Japan, we do not have school bus. School Bus in Japan are mainly for Kindergarden and it's called Kindergarden Bus.

I remember I was in Japanese bus with students heading to swimming pool I think. We were in countryside seems with lots of looklike farms as you see in "Spirited Away".

As we near the intersection, B/O took wrong turn because our student were distracting B/O by making noise.

Huh? Nobody was talking about school buses or another transit system other than the (MTA).

We know WF can handle artics (it's currently hosting a bunch of LFSAs) and thus the Bx15, Bx19, and I believe occasionally the Bx36, are running with LFSAs. At this time I don't know if WF needs more artics, and if not then it would probably be another 10-15 years before there was a chance of CNG artics in the Bronx. I don't know if either JG or SC has been configured to hold artics, and if they aren't then routes running out of those depots (the B35, the B103, and so on) can't use CNG artics.

depots like jg, sc could be retofitted for artics as been done at 126, gh,cs and is being done at fb, jfk,, and bp now.

as I said before

JG can fit artics. That depot is second largest to Micheal J. Quill and Casey Stengel. XN60's aren't that far fetched...

JG can fit artics. That depot is second largest to Micheal J. Quill and Casey Stengel. XN60's aren't that far fetched...

If you have ever been inside of JG, you would know that it can't fit artics unless it were to go through and extreme amount of interior retrofitting. This would include tearing down and rearranging walls, ripping out the existing in-ground piston lifts, changing the angle of the maintenance bays (removing 2 of them as well), adding an extension to the fuel station building, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was done at 126th because it's a pass through depot meaning that you enter at 1 end and exit out the other. JG is a U-shape on the inside more or less meaning. This means you enter one end, go down the maintenance area make a right, make another right and you are out the same side that you entered.

And don't let the amount of buses fool you. JG is a big depot but it's like 6th largest in the system. It's between Yukon and GH that's the largest.

• Upvote 2

If you have ever been inside of JG, you would know that it can't fit artics unless it were to go through and extreme amount of interior retrofitting. This would include tearing down and rearranging walls, ripping out the existing in-ground piston lifts, changing the angle of the maintenance bays (removing 2 of them as well), adding an extension to the fuel station building, and a whole bunch of other stuff. It was done at 126th because it's a pass through depot meaning that you enter at 1 end and exit out the other. JG is a U-shape on the inside more or less meaning. This means you enter one end, go down the maintenance area make a right, make another right and you are out the same side that you entered.

And don't let the amount of buses fool you. JG is a big depot but it's like 6th largest in the system. It's between Yukon and GH that's the largest.

Well they won't let me in JG lol

But if that's the case then maybe the B35 could get artics from Flatbush?

B35 to Flatbush? Dang man, that's going to be a LONG deadhead to there, so no.

Plus they park the buses up at night a certain way so having artics would mean less from for other buses

The 35 wouldn't be able to come from Flatbush for the fact that the 35 has 79 runs during the week (not counting interlined runs with the 63 and 70). Flatbush just doesn't have enough buses for all that, plus the 46 (100+ runs), 41, and 44 all at once

Why no one talking about College Point Depot there the CNG depot. At least if CNG articulated bus were to be purchase. At least College Point Depot can put CNG articulated bus for only Q66 route long route to Queensboro plaza to Flushing Main street.

Has the ta ever attemted to buy cng -artics?

Until now, the only CNG artics available were from NABI. So no, that was never attemted. However, now that New Flyer makes an articulated CNG model, it is possible for MTA to order some after the current (Articulated) Bus Qualification Program certifies the XD60.

Actually it's not the routes that can run artics..

It's actually the DEPOT.. Some depots can handle articulated buses. You said B35 could run artics, but their buses are based out of the Jackie Gleason Bus Depot. From looking at the forums here, no one mentioned that the JG can run articulated buses.

It's a combination of both routes and depots actually. Most depots can be retrofitted, but some can't. It would take a lot for Gleason to operate artics. If the TA did however want artics for the 35 it is still possible to do so with diesel buses. The route could also operate out of Spring Creek where an artic ops retrofit would be more attractive.

We know WF can handle artics (it's currently hosting a bunch of LFSAs) and thus the Bx15, Bx19, and I believe occasionally the Bx36, are running with LFSAs. At this time I don't know if WF needs more artics, and if not then it would probably be another 10-15 years before there was a chance of CNG artics in the Bronx. I don't know if either JG or SC has been configured to hold artics, and if they aren't then routes running out of those depots (the B35, the B103, and so on) can't use CNG artics.

I could actually see XN60's operating out of West Farms within a couple years at this point. They would finally be able to make it an all CNG depot, and ship the Nova's off to other places.

Why no one talking about College Point Depot there the CNG depot. At least if CNG articulated bus were to be purchase. At least College Point Depot can put CNG articulated bus for only Q66 route long route to Queensboro plaza to Flushing Main street.

Behind West Farms, Spring Creek,

and College Point would be depots that could handle artics. of course upgrades, and retrofits would have to be performed, and it can be done.

Gleason, for many reasons already mentioned wouldn't really be attractive, unless the buses were parked outside somewhere, and serviced at Grand Avenue.