MTA workers accused of faking signal inspections

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-48592800-1345520009_thumb.jpg[/float]Ten Metropolitan Transportation Authority workers have been charged with falsifying subway signal inspection reports in a long-running fraud investigation.

Prosecutors say eight signal maintainers were charged Monday with tampering with public records. Two of their supervisors were charged Friday with record tampering and official misconduct. All have pleaded not guilty.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-48592800-1345520009_thumb.jpg

If it looks like sh=t, tastes like sh=t, smells like sh=t, gues what??

This 'investigation' goes much deeper than being told. No agency is willing to go after MTA for ANY law violations because MTA IS NY State. The workers & low level supervisors are being put up to show the investigation produced results, just not all the results are being publicly disclosed.. Think about it. If MTA corporate WAS publicly held responsible, how much could a couple billion dollar company be assesed in fines?? If the eployees are held solely responsible, it lessions liability/financal obligations considerably..

This 'investigation' goes much deeper than being told. No agency is willing to go after MTA for ANY law violations because MTA IS NY State. The workers & low level supervisors are being put up to show the investigation produced results, just not all the results are being publicly disclosed.. Think about it. If MTA corporate WAS publicly held responsible, how much could a couple billion dollar company be assesed in fines?? If the eployees are held solely responsible, it lessions liability/financal obligations considerably..

Right on point but some folks its kinda hard to see the big picture..

The Rabbit hole runs deep...

Its fukin terrible............listen everyone in every dept does things that are not kosher.......pple get away with so much crap in the TA that this shit is childs play..........its like the major leagues....you have some guys juicing and hiding it and you have some who are earning thier honest check.....these guys are non the less SCAPE GOATS because like the Union says publically is true.....if it wasnt for UPPER management this kind of thing wouldnt go on.

im sure the no1 execpt the signal dept has had to come into work and have the IG there searching thru pple's lockers w/o any probable cause!!!!

Its fukin terrible............listen everyone in every dept does things that are not kosher.......

just because "everyone else does it" still doesn't make it right.

I'll tell your auto mechaninc to just fill in crap the next time your bring your car in for service. then the engine can fail unexpectedly and cause a traffic jam.

I keep a butcher book. Every train I touch is written in it. When stuff like this happens and they're looking to create a report that dates back to X, Y and Z I'm not going to rely on supervision to have my back... honest people make mistakes, too. I've seen dispatchers screw up when the road blows up and have wrong crews assigned to different intervals on paper.

I'll tell your auto mechaninc to just fill in crap the next time your bring your car in for service. then the engine can fail unexpectedly and cause a traffic jam.

Listen this is the TA...you have an option here..........if it was a private company with private management these guys who refused to do all this stuff would have all been fired, we take that for granted working in civil service with a union to back us.

They were wrong on their part by following through with this but management was also mostly to blame for putting them up to it.

This stuff is amazing to me. It's like there are 2 separate companies. In one, the employees are careful and conscientious because the know they are screwed if anything goes wrong on their watch. In the other, people who kow the right people or the right position can get away with a slap on the wrist for serious misconduct. Seems like most people fall into the first category, but still...

but management was also mostly to blame for putting them up to it.

do you blame management when you can't find your keys? next union meeting you guys might want to consdier some new material.

cut the blame game, putting someone up to something never carries as much weight as actually doing the deed unless it involes killing someone.

do you blame management when you can't find your keys? next union meeting you guys might want to consdier some new material.

cut the blame game, putting someone up to something never carries as much weight as actually doing the deed unless it involes killing someone.

you cant just cut 1/2 my sentence and respond to what you want buddy.....im trying to imply that management should go down for it too......

when the house of cards falls..................the top AND bottom fall.....unless you know some type of magic trick to make the bottom fall w/o the top ????...if it was up to me everyone would go down for this.....i

• 1 month later...

Archived