New member from So. Cal.

Turbo19

Hey, I'm a transit fan who resides in California. I lurked around these forums for a short while, but when I attempted to join the site crashed. Anyway I hope my contributions are welcomed here and i hope to enjoy my stay here.

Hey, I'm a transit fan who resides in California. I lurked around these forums for a short while, but when I attempted to join the site crashed. Anyway I hope my contributions are welcomed here and i hope to enjoy my stay here.

Welcome aboard. My sister, Mom and Brother in law live in San Diego. Thus i visit them for at least a week or two every year.

Enjoy your stay here. :D

Enjoy your stay here, my friend. I used to live in so-cal. Public transportation there is sparce compared to what's back at the east coast. Where exactly in so-cal are you?

Hey, transit isn't as bad as people make it to be. In Los Angeles County, transit is abundant and contrary to popular belief, well used.

I live in Riverside County, California in the recently incorporated city of Jurupa Valley. Once a rural area, now a popular and attractive suburb. I am about 60 miles OR 70 minutes from Los Angeles. The local transit provider is the Riverside Transit Agency (RTA). While thier service is abyssmal with 60-70 minute frequencies prevailing, the service is bearable, and as ridership continues to grow, the service increases.

Some more info: http://en.wikipedia....ley,_California

Thanks again!

Hey, transit isn't as bad as people make it to be. In Los Angeles County, transit is abundant and contrary to popular belief, well used.

I live in Riverside County, California in the recently incorporated city of Jurupa Valley. Once a rural area, now a popular and attractive suburb. I am about 60 miles OR 70 minutes from Los Angeles. The local transit provider is the Riverside Transit Agency (RTA). While thier service is abyssmal with 60-70 minute frequencies prevailing, the service is bearable, and as ridership continues to grow, the service increases.

Some more info: http://en.wikipedia....ley,_California

Thanks again!

Haha nice =) I used to live in Yorba Linda not TOO far from where you are. And yea, the public transport near downtown is much better. Lots of buses and a decent light rail system. I'm just harping on the commuter rail to the outlying areas. Service is sparse compared to the NEC, and I would venture to guess that if it was improved and attracted ridership with increased frequencies and new lines servicing areas that didn't previously have the commuter rail option, the traffic issues in LA might improve somewhat lol.

Haha nice =) I used to live in Yorba Linda not TOO far from where you are.

Far? No, I'll just jump on the 91, NOT!

Yeah, Metrolink sucks, even after "improvements" over the years. They target "choice riders" far to much rather than regular transit users. Either way, rail was implemented poorly in So. Cal. It relies too much on freight lines, which affect schedules, at the time of implemation (1991) they resisted to build new lines prior to sprawl and fares even then were high. I will say though, Metrolink seems to be attempting to progress. Evidence is in their new line dubbed the "Perris Valley Line", which will eventually connect Riverside Downtown with Moreno Valley and Perris, and perhaps one day Murrietta and Temecula. While the attempt is welcome, it is annoying that local NIMBY's and (to an extent) lack of funding is slowing progress. :angry:

Perris Valley Line Info: http://www.perrisvalleyline.info/

Perhaps this will be sorted out when High Speed Rail reaches us, that or a huge cluster f-k.

Enjoy your stay...and welcome!!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Thank you all!

Hi Turbo,nice to meet you. I am new here too.I know alot about Va and NYC and nothing about Cali. One day I hope to visit there. I heard the scenery is beautiful by train.

Hello welcome, Why yes, the scenery here is abundant, nice change from the city, not that there is anything wrong with it.

Archived