MTA: A Weekend at Work: August 17-20, 2012

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-10116000-1345733062_thumb.jpg[/float]This weekend, we repaired and replaced subway tracks south of 59 St on the (4)(5)(6) Line, north of DeKalb Av on the (B)(Q) Line, north of 47-50 Sts on the (B)(D)(F)(M) Line, and on the (3) Line at Sutter Av and New Lots Av.

Photos: Metropolitan Transportation Authority / Leonard Wiggins.

View Gallery: Source

post-5097-0-10116000-1345733062_thumb.jpg

Wow, nice work MTA. And nice work on getting the link Harry.

Dude they post pic on their flickr almost every Monday.

they are cemented ties now. it new things to make ride smoother

The pic of those ties on the el don't look cemented they look wooden. Secondly they are using those on Brighton Line and Sea Beach (N) line

The pics on the work done on 6th Ave: I saw those Brokk machines breaking concrete, along with the mini bulldozers removing the debris with at least three sets of work locomotives with specialized cars all at work along the Queens Bvld Line which seemed to stretch for a mile one day during a weekend GO last year. I must have counted almost 20+ workers killing it and getting the job done like clockwork. Really amazing to see those machines in action. Lol the noize was so loud I was watching the windows and doors literally rattle. They were tearing the express Manhattan bound roadbeds apart all the way through between 71st and Contintental. I was on a R160 signed on the F on a local reroute. to Manahattan. One of the few occasions where I would as hell caught video footage of transit GOs in motion if only I had had my video camera.

Even regular passengers who are not subway enthusiasts were absolutely awestruck by the workers tearing up the roadbeds to dust with no mercy for new track along the QBL express ROWs, with their faces glued to the windows in fascination. Totally missed opportunity for excellent video footage of that kick ass machinery.

Yes I admit it, I was foaming ridiculous that day. That was awesome.

Archived