Bus driver Jeffrick Dean’s multilingual salutations bring smiles to riders

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-25478600-1345810487_thumb.jpg[/float]The next time you board a bus in Brooklyn, don’t be surprised if you hear a merry, multilingual man shouting out a welcome.

Jeffrick Dean, who’s been driving a (MTA) bus for 23 years, makes a point of greeting every one of his passengers — often in one of the many languages he’s picked up to better connect with his riders.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-25478600-1345810487_thumb.jpg

I remember that video, he seems like a reply great guy and I'm glad to see him getting some public kudos.

Wish the Daily News would get the bus right though, I'm about 99% he works out of ENY, so that should be the B25, not the B52.

That's cool that the guy knows so many languages.

I think there's an error in the article, though. It mentioned a shootout in Rockaway, and then mentions him driving to Brookdale Hospital. Isn't there a hospital on the Rockaways peninsula he could've driven to? (Unless they meant Rockaway Avenue in Brooklyn)

He must be an awesome B/O, I also know few in Queens who can also speak multi-lingual, and one actually engaged in a conversation with me on buses! It still shows that there are awesome and friendly people in New York, it's heart-warming! Props to all the awesome B/O's out there that can make my trip awesome, and make my day too!

That's cool that the guy knows so many languages.

I think there's an error in the article, though. It mentioned a shootout in Rockaway, and then mentions him driving to Brookdale Hospital. Isn't there a hospital on the Rockaways peninsula he could've driven to? (Unless they meant Rockaway Avenue in Brooklyn)

Not sure when the shoot out happened, but Peninsula Hosptial closed down because it ran out of money and had issues with the health department. I wouldn't have gone there even when it was open. It was nasty.

Mr. Dean is an awesome person.. Very, very humble. I had the pleasure of talking with him last month at Spring Creek - we were in 19A class together, and on the same bus. He's just one of those folks you can always talk with, and love his humble demeanor.

Shout to Mr. Dean!

If anyone points him to this post, let em know Flash said what up. lol

Archived