Empire State Building Shooting

Mysterious2train

With the horrible trigger pulls on NYPD-molested handguns, i'm surprised there wasn't more collateral damage.

Guys please back to topic. Or else the infamous lock and key appears here. thanks :o

This is all very relevant.

What's the national average?

Do I care? That's a pathetic average, regardless of how badly everybody else does. Two thirds of the time NYPD officers miss their targets and hit innocents, that's really pathetic.

can you please show me where you got that percentage from?

Joe

Read it yourself! http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/nyregion/bystanders-shooting-wounds-caused-by-the-police.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp (actually 34%, not 32% I should correct)

That's terrible. Every single officer who was involved needs to lose their badge or be retrained IMMEDIATELY. We can't have these fools running around with guns like that...

Still a couple of hours until Monday morning, my friend.

Do I care?

Of course you don't. That might get in the way of your "the NYPD is white and therefore must be hated" mindset. :lol:

It's a shooting a week in this country... This one hits a little close to home though.

I can already predict the NRA statement: "What we need are MORE GUNS! Screw gun regulation, everybody needs a gun. Then this would never ever happen!!"

When will people learn...

People will still find ways to get guns by any means. Why prevent law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves? Obviously I don't agree with 'everyone should get a gun' mentality of the NRA as ppl should pass basic tests like criminal/mental evaluations and being able to operate a gun properly (like they would have to to drive a car). I say this again, why must it come down to the extremes b/w 'guns for everyone' and government gun grabbers?

That's terrible. Every single officer who was involved needs to lose their badge or be retrained IMMEDIATELY. We can't have these fools running around with guns like that...

Obviously the cops will likely be retrained, but would you prefer the alternative where a killer escapes to potentially kill more people? Sure maybe that guy would've 'stopped' killing after settling his dispute with the co-worker, but I would think it'd be just as dangerous to let the guy escape.

Obviously the cops will likely be retrained, but would you prefer the alternative where a killer escapes to potentially kill more people? Sure maybe that guy would've 'stopped' killing after settling his dispute with the co-worker, but I would think it'd be just as dangerous to let the guy escape.

It's also dangerous to have cops who can't shoot the perp but end up shooting innocents on the street, don't you think?

Do I care? That's a pathetic average, regardless of how badly everybody else does. Two thirds of the time NYPD officers miss their targets and hit innocents, that's really pathetic.

Read it yourself! http://www.nytimes.c...anted=1&_r=1 (actually 34%, not 32% I should correct)

I did read it, this article is from May 8, 2008 which shows police shootings are down, can we get a more recent report? It could be lower or it could be higher. And I would like to correct your statement about two-thirds of the time NYPD officers miss their targets and hit civilians. The article does not say that, im not sure if you didnt comprehend the article or intentionally tried to mislead everyone with misinformation.

Joe

And what qualifications in Law Enforcement and\or tactical weapons firing do you have to justify this statement?

Joe

And what qualifications in Law Enforcement and\or tactical weapons firing do you have to justify this statement?

Joe

Why does someone have to be in the field to have some sense of what they are talking about??????

Let's say you were one of those innocent people hit. How would YOU FEEL if you knew that a cop hit you, and not the perp???

Why does someone have to be in the field to have some sense of what they are talking about??????

Let's say you were one of those innocent people hit. How would YOU FEEL if you knew that a cop hit you, and not the perp???

if i was hit, i would find out first what happened, in this situation where the surveilence video clearly shows the scumbag murderer pulling out his gun and aiming at the cops, i am mature enough to understand that i was hit accidentlly. I would not sue the city, i would ask for the city to cover my medical expenses. I am mature enough to understand that sometimes bad things happen to innocent people, thats part of life in this imperfect world of ours. The faster you learn that and stop thinking that everything works perfectlly in this world, the better off you`ll be

Joe

if i was hit, i would find out first what happened, in this situation where the surveilence video clearly shows the scumbag murderer pulling out his gun and aiming at the cops, i am mature enough to understand that i was hit accidentlly. I would not sue the city, i would ask for the city to cover my medical expenses. I am mature enough to understand that sometimes bad things happen to innocent people, thats part of life in this imperfect world of ours. The faster you learn that and stop thinking that everything works perfectlly in this world, the better off you`ll be

Joe

I'm not saying they have to be perfect, I'm saying that they are too imperfect to truly protect us. I realize that bad things happen to innocent people, but you have to think about how to prevent those things from happening again.

The faster you realize that the world doesn't have to fall into oblivion, the better off you'll be... <_<

Of course you don't. That might get in the way of your "the NYPD is white and therefore must be hated" mindset. :lol:

For somebody as pro-police as you, I'd think you know that the NYPD is actually a pretty diverse force. So, no.

I'm not saying they have to be perfect, I'm saying that they are too imperfect to truly protect us. I realize that bad things happen to innocent people, but you have to think about how to prevent those things from happening again.

The faster you realize that the world doesn't have to fall into oblivion, the better off you'll be... <_<

So who would be perfect then to protect us? You, or maybe lets let the bloods and the crips, and ms-13 or maybe even the visiting nurse service of new york do it.

incidents like what happened friday, have happened before and i guarentee they will happen again. every new day brings about new challenges, new situations, new scumbags with guns, and humans, whether they be police or civilians face them and make decisions that are not always perfect, thats part of life. no matter how many times you hear the monday morning quaterbacks dissect every little thing that happens, and spin it the way they want, you CANNOT perfect imperfection. people who think they can are the ones who will put this world into oblivion, not me.

Joe

Grow up fool. the only troll here is you. and this is what you write in the shoutbox?

@ realizm : (25 August - 08:05 PM) Take your time. I know you are dwelling in the basement somehere. Hey I'll check you out Monday so I can read your a@@hattery. @ realizm : (25 August - 08:04 PM) @ Warduke suck many d!!ks.

Wow, that shows your low mental capacity and young age. I guess you have deep seeded inferiority complex issues.

See my PM.

Archived