new B6 service pattern

limitednyc

agreed , but they never have short turned ltds

Under the old service pattern, one AM Limited trip short-turned at Rockaway Parkway. To me, this should be the service pattern on weekdays:

LIMITED: Bensonhurst to Canarsie

LIMITED: Bensonhurst to East New York (alternating LTD trips)

LOCAL: Midwood to Canarsie (except for the pull-ins and pull-outs, which would go to Bensonhurst)

I do believe that 20-minute headways would be sufficient off-peak east of Rockaway Parkway---IF---the Rockaway Parkway departures are staggered.

This will hurt ridership east of rockaway this won't last. Just like B103's change which did not last at all.

What B103 change are you referring to?

Re-routing the Northbound B103 on the Prospect Expwy. It was supposed to take a "faster" route, but the new route only reduced its time on the highway, and added its time on the crowded Flatbush Av (and had it running right in front of Atlantic Terminal but not stopping, which is pretty stupid). The re-route occurred in February, but it was quietly changed back to its old route in July.

So about this B6 switcharoo, is this the MTA's latest hackneyed move to save $$$ or what?

hold on, what is this about now ?

Someone briefly explain what the B6 is supposed to do this fall.....

The LTD buses will run Canarsie-Bensonhurst, the local buses will run ENY-Midwood/Bensonhurst...

I can see this causing all sorts of problems, as local trips would end up taking in excess of 90 minutes; currently, the only Brooklyn route timed at longer than 90 minutes is the B15, which clocks in close to 2 hours. The Limited-stop trips would become a lot faster, but the local trips would become a lot slower.

This is the opposite of the logic that explained why the Bx1 and not the Bx2 became the Concourse Limited.

As I mentioned in another post regarding the changes to the B6 - they should actually be short-turning every other B6 LTD at Rockaway instead of having the locals go the entire length. It doesn't make any sense, and I definitely think this is a miscommunication.

When the new pick starts this Sunday I'll take a look at the B6 paddles to check what changes were made with the runs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the only service change posters out there are the "The first/last bus leaves from _____ at _____" kind of posters, which only vaguely tells about the change. Also, the MTA or DOT or whoever should change the Eastbound Limited bus stop signs to read Canarise instead of East New York, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

What a great way to start the school year.

It may be a pilot program with the B6. What are they testing, you ask? I have no clue. From my end (and most other folks too), it's pretty stupid. Why the fucck would you have the local buses do the entire route during the day and have ALL LTDs short-turn at Rockaway Parkway -- it just doesn't make any sense. And I'll be damned if they try this fucckery on the other LTD routes in Brooklyn.

It may change back in January for the system pick.

Hopefully.

It may be a pilot program with the B6. What are they testing, you ask? I have no clue. From my end (and most other folks too), it's pretty stupid. Why the fucck would you have the local buses do the entire route during the day and have ALL LTDs short-turn at Rockaway Parkway -- it just doesn't make any sense. And I'll be damned if they try this fucckery on the other LTD routes in Brooklyn.

It may change back in January for the system pick.

Hopefully.

You are totally correct it is pretty stupid and I too hope it does gets changed back!!

I can't see any reason for them changing it.

Archived