ACE Fastrack Question

alekr

I noticed that for the ACE fastrack pattern why the M have to end early? Since it is running normal route.

Also I was thinking since the E can stop at 23rd and the 14th street station on the F line why cannot the A run express on the 6th avenue line during fastrack? Then can switch on the F at West 4th for the manhattan bound can use the D line on the Rock Center station

The (A) and (E) have to use the 6th Avenue local track so along with the (F) and (M) that'd be 4 trains all on one track. The MTA likely doesn't want all that traffic on one track.

There's no point in the (A) running express. Even if it did, all four lines would be together at West 4th St on the local track regardless, and it would miss the (L) connection at 14th St.

The (M) is kinda expendable since it ends at midnight anyway, and the local (E) in Queens easily replaces it. Sucks for people on the Metropolitan Av end of the (M) getting to/from Manhattan but that's just how it is.

Also I was thinking since the E can stop at 23rd and the 14th street station on the F line why cannot the A run express on the 6th avenue line during fastrack? Then can switch on the F at West 4th for the manhattan bound can use the D line on the Rock Center station.

not really worth it considering the A is on the local normaly during the hours Fastrack work takes place.

I noticed that for the ACE fastrack pattern why the M have to end early? Since it is running normal route.

Also I was thinking since the E can stop at 23rd and the 14th street station on the F line why cannot the A run express on the 6th avenue line during fastrack? Then can switch on the F at West 4th for the manhattan bound can use the D line on the Rock Center station

Personally, I would have the (M) run to the end of service and have any remaining (C) trains coming from Brooklyn terminate at Chambers ( (A) platform), scheduling it so an (A) train is always directly in front of a (C) at Hoyt-Schermerhorn even if it means holding up the (C) at Lafayette Avenue long enough for the (A) to pass it so the (C) has the maximum time needed to fumigate at Chambers before going to the layup track north of there and returning to Brooklyn on the downtown track.

Personally, I would have the (M) run to the end of service and have any remaining (C) trains coming from Brooklyn terminate at Chambers ( (A) platform), scheduling it so an (A) train is always directly in front of a (C) at Hoyt-Schermerhorn even if it means holding up the (C) at Lafayette Avenue long enough for the (A) to pass it so the (C) has the maximum time needed to fumigate at Chambers before going to the layup track north of there and returning to Brooklyn on the downtown track.

Bad idea because Fulton Local riders want direct service through Manhattan. IMO, that's more important than the 6 minutes that the Fulton Express saves. Also, scheduling the (A) to come right before the (C) only makes it worse, because (C) riders will have to wait a long time for the next (A) if they transfer at Chambers St.

Bad idea because Fulton Local riders want direct service through Manhattan. IMO, that's more important than the 6 minutes that the Fulton Express saves. Also, scheduling the (A) to come right before the (C) only makes it worse, because (C) riders will have to wait a long time for the next (A) if they transfer at Chambers St.

To me, it's the lesser of two evils to have the (M) continue to give Broadway Brooklyn riders midtown service and riders along Queens Boulevard full local service to the scheduled end unless you can deal with four trains running local on 6th Avenue for about a two-hour stretch.

To me, it's the lesser of two evils to have the (M) continue to give Broadway Brooklyn riders midtown service and riders along Queens Boulevard full local service to the scheduled end unless you can deal with four trains running local on 6th Avenue for about a two-hour stretch.

I don't see why you can't have the (A)(C)(F)(M) on one track, as long as none of them have more than 6-7 TPH.

Archived