Difference Question...

B3 Via Av U

Sure, I'll help you out.

The 102DLW3SS was a coach manufactured by MCI until 2000. It is a descriptive name. 102 = it's length of 102 inches, D = D Series, L = 45 ft 7 in length, W = Wheelchair Lift equipped. 3 = its number of axles, & SS = stainless steel.

The MCI D4500 was essentially the same vehicle rebranded, D = Diesel fuled, 45 = 45feet of length.

The MCI D4500CL was equal to the MCI D4500 again rebranded to reflect its "classic styling", at the same time MCI offered "contemporary styling".

Lastly the MCI D4500CT as described above, was a redesigned MCI D4500.

Pretty much that. Delving a bit deeper:

The 102DLW3SS (or DL3 has it is often shortened, has a wheelchair door that opens up like a regular door The D4500 series feature a sliding door. That and today, the rear design that the CTs feature is the only option for both the CL/CTs as EPA regulations made MCI redesign it to allow them to fit the compliant engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, but when I get on a bus I don't carry a tape measure with me, and do any of you have photographic differences?

I think he means width, the length is 540 inches (45 feet). Not much of a difference to see since all MTA buses are 102 inches wide.

Archived