Station agent list established

primomjr78

Yes indeed I've heard the same information on time frames as well as the numbers. I'm looking forward to waiting lol  I'm not too far behind the numbers they've called thus far so I should make it within the next one or two classes depending how large the class is expected to be and how many qualify per class.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

I called HR on the 18th of this month and they told me they are up to #318.  My number is 332.  I am getting really anxious! 

C.M.

That's great because from the 10th when I called they were at 318 So it's moving I'm  in the 400's So I'm  going to be looking forward to seeing the 3's come to an end.

Hello everyone,

I called HR on the 18th of this month and they told me they are up to #318.  My number is 332.  I am getting really anxious! 

C.M.

It won't be much longer. You will definitely be in the next class. Says 318

I've probably mentioned this previously but they plan to hire 300 new agents by years end to accommodate retirements and promotions. The first 80 should be hired before summers end. There is currently a class of 21 new agents going on ATM that started on July 8th. 20 TA agents and 1 SIRT agent. I haven't been able to get any information as to when the next class will be from any union reps. But the person I speak to told me once he knows, I'll know. Sometimes they don't do any new hires for a month or two, hopefully for you guys and gals waiting to be called it's not that long.

xt

I've probably mentioned this previously but they plan to hire 300 new agents by years end to accommodate retirements and promotions. The first 80 should be hired before summers end. There is currently a class of 21 new agents going on ATM that started on July 8th. 20 TA agents and 1 SIRT agent. I haven't been able to get any information as to when the next class will be from any union reps. But the person I speak to told me once he knows, I'll know. Sometimes they don't do any new hires for a month or two, hopefully for you guys and gals waiting to be called it's not that long.

Wow,that is exactly the composition of our class, you have proven to be a legit source of accurate info. We finish next Wed. and 8/8 we are on our own.

Well they're plus I know someone in your class as well. He was one of the people that took the CTA position until his list number got called for the clerk's job. So you guys should be having your booth takeovers coming up next week. Just take your time and don't let any customers rush you. Our job is one of accuracy and precision, not speed. Speed in the job will come with experience. But remember you're going to be responsible for all the money and property in the booth this time around. So let them tap on the glass and aperture all they like or jump up and down because their train is coming in 2 minute. You'll have a seasoned clerk there with you both days, so they'll have your back in the event someone tries to get stupid with you on either take over day. Some clerks have good and bad habits learn the difference, but don't let any of the bad habits rub off on you. If you have any questions or concerns inbox me, and I'll be more than willing to help out. I won't be any of your guys training clerk, since I work nights. But I would've loved to train a newbie. I had some great people train me when I came down. And some of the methods they taught me, I still use to this day, 7 and 1/2 years later.

Well they're plus I know someone in your class as well. He was one of the people that took the CTA position until his list number got called for the clerk's job. So you guys should be having your booth takeovers coming up next week. Just take your time and don't let any customers rush you. Our job is one of accuracy and precision, not speed. Speed in the job will come with experience. But remember you're going to be responsible for all the money and property in the booth this time around. So let them tap on the glass and aperture all they like or jump up and down because their train is coming in 2 minute. You'll have a seasoned clerk there with you both days, so they'll have your back in the event someone tries to get stupid with you on either take over day. Some clerks have good and bad habits learn the difference, but don't let any of the bad habits rub off on you. If you have any questions or concerns inbox me, and I'll be more than willing to help out. I won't be any of your guys training clerk, since I work nights. But I would've loved to train a newbie. I had some great people train me when I came down. And some of the methods they taught me, I still use to this day, 7 and 1/2 years later.

We'll I hope your still around for coaching and support when my number comes up...

WllBx718:  Have you heard about the Agents who were fired/arrested for selling 1/2 fare cards to people as full fare cards and pocketing the difference?

Also, there are employees in the city checking to see if Agents are checking to see if the "Just used" card was really "just used" or a scam to get in for free.

The 1/2 card thing about agents was a gross false rumor. There may have been a person or two that did it, but by no means the amount that was rumored. And there always beakies out watching clerks and always people trying to get over on us. You'll learn the difference between BS and genuine stories.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's exactly correct in TA perverse world. You cannot promote directly from S/A to T/O for some odd reasons. Yet you can take an OC test and be hired from the street into the job figure. The only way to promote from S/A to T/O is to take the transit certificte course. And CTA's can only promote to Station Supervisor or Conductor. Maybe theres other titltes a CTA could promote to, but those are the only two I know of off the of my head. And congrats and welcome aboard CeeMatt3000.

I'm in it! Finally! Interesting fact: we were told you can't jump from station agent to train operator. Promotion opportunities include tower operator, station supervisor, and assistant train dispatcher.

How about CTA to train operator ?

Im not too sure. I'm assuming that you'd have to be a station agent first. There are quite a few CTAs in my class.

C.M.

That's exactly correct in TA perverse world. You cannot promote directly from S/A to T/O for some odd reasons. Yet you can take an OC test and be hired from the street into the job figure. The only way to promote from S/A to T/O is to take the transit certificte course. And CTA's can only promote to Station Supervisor or Conductor. Maybe theres other titltes a CTA could promote to, but those are the only two I know of off the of my head. And congrats and welcome aboard CeeMatt3000

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly correct in TA perverse world. You cannot promote directly from S/A to T/O for some odd reasons. Yet you can take an OC test and be hired from the street into the job figure. The only way to promote from S/A to T/O is to take the transit certificte course. And CTA's can only promote to Station Supervisor or Conductor. Maybe theres other titltes a CTA could promote to, but those are the only two I know of off the of my head. And congrats and welcome aboard CeeMatt3000

That's incredibly odd that a CTA cant promote to an SA only because I was talking to a woman this past Monday whom if memory serves told me she was a CTA and was taking a drug test to promote to an SA. She wasn't a spring chicken and told me a bunch of things about being a conductor. Again unless my memory is wacked out (and it could be) she was a CTA promoting to an SA. I also saw a few old timers taking random drug screenings and upset to be there. I also met a woman whom decided to tell me how her day was going, riddled with bible verses and religious talk. Turns out she was a chaplain for the MTA. Very nice lady.

That's incredibly odd that a CTA cant promote to an SA only because I was talking to a woman this past Monday whom if memory serves told me she was a CTA and was taking a drug test to promote to an SA. She wasn't a spring chicken and told me a bunch of things about being a conductor. Again unless my memory is wacked out (and it could be) she was a CTA promoting to an SA. I also saw a few old timers taking random drug screenings and upset to be there. I also met a woman whom decided to tell me how her day was going, riddled with bible verses and religious talk. Turns out she was a chaplain for the MTA. Very nice lady.

There is no promotion from CTA to S/A. She may have taken and O/C exam and just been called for the title. CTA's can only promote to Station Supervisor or Conductor, and maybe Tower Operator. But I'm not sure about the tower

operator promotion.

I finished drug test and some paper works. I wonder how long I have to wait from now.

It can take as little as one or two weeks to get called back for final processing, or it could take longer. But usually they only start calling in people close to when they're starting a class to fill up. Usually they form classes of 20 people. If you;re called in for final processing, you'll just be turning in that 20 page application they gave you to take home, get sworn in and finger printed and have your photo taken for your pass. From then they'll give you a class start date which is typically two weeks from the day you're hired.

Archived