Station agent list established

primomjr78

Greetings to all here and congratulations to everyone called. I went for pre-employment on the 28th and got the call today to report on the 7th for the processing. I am a little confused about this next step though, because I keep hearing that it involves a medical and them other people say there is no medical, so what am I to expect going in on Thursday? How do I prepare? Thanks to all and good luck to those waiting to be called.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That means they will do all your HR paper work, take your pic for your pass/Id card, fingerprint you and give you a date to report for class. There is no physical for station agent. Congratulations!

Thanks dscott161! I was told by the person that called to expect to be there all day for processing and that I would be in the class that starts on the 18th. Can't wait to start!

I'm just wondering...  What happens if  you fail the drug test for promotion ?  I know you won't be promoted to the position, but,  what  happens to your  current position?  If I fail a drug test for station agent, Would I lose my current job ( CTA ) as well ? I'm just being curious. If anybody know the answer...

I'm just wondering...  What happens if  you fail the drug test for promotion ?  I know you won't be promoted to the position, but,  what  happens to your  current position?  If I fail a drug test for station agent, Would I lose my current job ( CTA ) as well ? I'm just being curious. If anybody know the answer...

You'd have to go into a rehab program to keep your current title.

Thanks dscott161! I was told by the person that called to expect to be there all day for processing and that I would be in the class that starts on the 18th. Can't wait to start!

All final HR paper work should take more than 3 hours. You'll be outta there before 12pm. When I got final processed back in 2006 I was there for like 2 hours and was out. 5 minutes after turning in the paper work they gave me to take home, I was called into an office and sworn in. They just give you that standard line of all day, becasue if you were doing a medical it would take you all day to get through everything. But since there's no medical for S/A, you'll be outta rather quickly. Much faster than pre-emplyment day.And there is a class on the 18th, so you'l be in it. So congrats, good luck and see you on the road.

You'd have to go into a rehab program to keep your current title.

All final HR paper work should take more than 3 hours. You'll be outta there before 12pm. When I got final processed back in 2006 I was there for like 2 hours and was out. 5 minutes after turning in the paper work they gave me to take home, I was called into an office and sworn in. They just give you that standard line of all day, becasue if you were doing a medical it would take you all day to get through everything. But since there's no medical for S/A, you'll be outta rather quickly. Much faster than pre-emplyment day.And there is a class on the 18th, so you'l be in it. So congrats, good luck and see you on the road.

Thanks for the info WillBx718. Another question for anyone that can answer it. What other paperwork will I be filling out when I get there and what will I get to take home to fill out? Thanks!

Hey everybody!!...I'm a new poster here on the forum...I took the exam 8011(station agent) back in june of 2008, just received a letter a couple of weeks ago to report on Oct 29th at 7:30am....I did so, did the medical and they said they would Call me....a few station agents in Brooklyn informed me that as long as I pass my medical and background I would get called...(don't do drugs and don't have a criminal background)..I just saw that one of the forum posters already got a call back and is supposed to report today on the 7th(he/she reported on the 28th) and the class starts on the 18th...is it safe to say that I may not get called for the class that starts on the 18th or do I still have a shot at coming in on this class??...if I don't make this class on the 18th, when will the next class be?...Thanks in advance for any responses... :)

I'm official! Got sworn in today. :-D

congrats to you!!....I was called today and was told to come into the interview next week and that If everything goes well, that I will be in the class that starts on the 18th....what do they actually ask in the interview?

congrats to you!!....I was called today and was told to come into the interview next week and that If everything goes well, that I will be in the class that starts on the 18th....what do they actually ask in the interview?

Congratulations to you !  I also went to 180 Livingston on Oct 29th at 7:30am, but they still haven't call me yet. My list number is 485. Is your list number before me, or after me ?

Thanks nyckid718, there really is no interview. You will do some more paperwork and then go over both applications you filled and make corrections along the way. Then you get printed, take your ID pic, and that should it. Good luck and hope to see you in class on the 18th.

Hey guys.  This is my first time posting. I recieved my letter for pre-interview and medical examination. Im not sure  if i should go or not due to the fact that because of my current job im only avaliable @ night to work. Ive really been thinking about going but i dont want to waste my time going through the process of being hired @ 180 Livingston st to find out that I'll be working days. I have no one that i know to ask and i dont have a telephone # to call. Im really hoping that theres someone here that could tell me what time of day does S/A training starts and how long is it for. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys.  This is my first time posting. I recieved my letter for pre-interview and medical examination. Im not sure  if i should go or not due to the fact that because of my current job im only avaliable @ night to work. Ive really been thinking about going but i dont want to waste my time going through the process of being h stired @ 180 Livingston st to find out that I'll be working days. I have no one that i know to ask and i dont have a telephone # to call. Im really hoping that theres someone here that could tell me what time of day does S/A training starts and how long is it for. Thanks in advance.

Most training is done during the day however, some positions have day & evening training not sure if this is one of them so you will definitely have to find that out from the staff @ 180.

My suggestion is to go and take the drug test and submit your paperwork. If you get selected for final processing and offered a position you then have a chance to weigh your options between the two jobs and decide if you want to accept or decline the offer.  Unless your completely satisfied with your current employment which (may not be the case since you applied for station agent in the first place) and don't want anything else why pass up the opportunity?

As far as working a shift day or night you wont know until either during or after training its all based on the availability at the locations which need agents and of course its based on seniority of those already on the job and then those in your class whose list #'s are ahead of yours they will get to choose from available jobs first so it's not guaranteed for your 1st pick or first few picks that you will get what you prefer.

Congratulations to you !  I also went to 180 Livingston on Oct 29th at 7:30am, but they still haven't call me yet. My list number is 485. Is your list number before me, or after me ?

My number is before yours...hopefully they will contact you soon...I hope they do...

Hey everyone! I've been following this forum for awhile. I was finally sworn in, in September and was scheduled for the October 7 class. However, I was called to active duty October 1st. So I missed the class. I'm scheduled to start a class in December. I was wondering if there's any other reservist or if anyone knows any situations that have occurred where a service member couldn't make the initial trainings and had to be individually trained if no more classes were available?

I might not make it in December so I'm a bit freaked out. I know my job is safe since I was sworn in before I left and was noted I was a reservist. I wonder as well how long the training will be since I might get new orders for awhile in February. I also want to know if it will affect where I can be placed since I was hired early but being trained late? Any info regarding the class and new placement is appreciated!

Congrats to all you guys that were recently sworn in. Hopefully I get to meet or train any of you. I remember being new and excited to have the Job. I'll let you know off the bat this isn't an easy job by far and can be very mentally stressing. Dealing with the NYC public is not easy at all. Just listen everything the teach in class, avoid customer complaints and don't call hot sick during probation and you'll be fine. If any if you guys have questions during class feel free to ask here or inbox me.

Archived