Station agent list established

primomjr78

My number is before yours...hopefully they will contact you soon...I hope they do...

HR called me on Monday morning, I finished the final processing at 180 Liv. in the afternoon, and I just attended the orientation today. I worked my last CTA job last night till 2400 hrs. It's been a crazy couple of days for me. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HR called me on Monday morning, I finished the final processing at 180 Liv. in the afternoon, and I just attended the orientation today. I worked my last CTA job last night till 2400 hrs. It's been a crazy couple of days for me.

YES!!!

Congrats!!!

I'm so happy for you when does your class Start? hopefully monday

Correction: I Just Saw you stated you attended orientation today probably See you tomorrow at the school

Congrats and welcome to other side of the glass lol. They'll be alot to learn but you'll get it. When you do your orentation day observe everything the clerk does, and ask you can make a few transactions. That's how I was trained on my observation day. The guy let me work the booth for about 2 hours. It was good, because once it was time to actually do the AFC training in class, I had already had the hang of the TBT (Token Booth Terminal). It'll be rough in the begining getting shit jobs and RDO's but it gets better with time.

YES!!!

Congrats!!!

I'm so happy for you when does your class Start? hopefully monday

Correction: I Just Saw you stated you attended orientation today probably See you tomorrow at the school

Once again congrats and welcome to the family. Like I mentioned above just listen and pay attention to everything in class, because it will be a lot of information to take in, in a small amount of time. But you guys will do fine, and hopefully I get to train one of you or someone from your class.

Congrats and welcome to other side of the glass lol. They'll be alot to learn but you'll get it. When you do your orentation day observe everything the clerk does, and ask you can make a few transactions. That's how I was trained on my observation day. The guy let me work the booth for about 2 hours. It was good, because once it was time to actually do the AFC training in class, I had already had the hang of the TBT (Token Booth Terminal). It'll be rough in the begining getting shit jobs and RDO's but it gets better with time.

Once again congrats and welcome to the family. Like I mentioned above just listen and pay attention to everything in class, because it will be a lot of information to take in, in a small amount of time. But you guys will do fine, and hopefully I get to train one of you or someone from your class.

Thanks for the welcome and like you said it is a great deal of information but like anything new once you learn it thing's then become habit

Hey guys!

Just wondering how the classes are going.

I'm getting close to finishing my military active duty orders. I know I'm going to start my training dec 23. My original school date was Oct 7.

Since my line# was 381, will I still have some type of seniority in picking out a station?

Anyone else a reservist?

We had just finished our first booth-observation on Friday. We all went to not-so-busy stations and observed what veteran clerks doing their businesses. I was a little overwhelmed at first how fast the transactions are made, and how the station agent take care of money. It was done very fast and efficient in orderly manner. I felt like it would take a lot of practice and patience until I get to be that good. 

Yeah you just got a taste on your observation day. You won't really get into the meat of things until you do both your booth take overs, that's a stressful situation there, because now you are responsible for everything in the booth for those two days. And when they put you on the road by yourself for the first time and you have your own booth by yourself things will really feels crazy. Especially if they put you in a very busy booth such as R-238 Grand Central 42nd Street, N-62A Port Authority 42nd Street or R-138 34th-Penn Station or even any of the booths on the 7 line from 82nd Street to Flushing-Main Street. Those booths make $5000+ on the am and pm tours easy. When I started in 2006 they kept me at grand central for two months straight. So after that torture I can work anywhere no problem. But don't worry about speed now, concentrate on accuracy of your funds and booth property. You guys came in at a good time as there is also far less paperwork and items in the booth to deal with now. But I bet the job doesn't seem as easy as it looks from outside once you're in there doing the transactions and dealing with the public lol. Well once again good luck to all you new guys and see you on the road. As always if any of you have questions don't hesitate to inbox me.

Also guys please please PLEASE!!! Be careful with your money and check all of your bills for authenticity. Many clerks are being summoned to hearings for fake bills. Unfortunately the corn starch pens TA provides to every booth is easily beat with new counterfeit methods. The union had got them to start a pilot program in a few booths with digital bill scanners to combat counterfeit bills. Also always make a bank for your lunch relief and never let anyone work under your PIN on the TBT. While in training and on the road you're gonna see many many clerks doing things improperly as many of them have developed very bad habits. Please don't follow them while on probation. Many of them will try and chastise you for being new or by the books. Don't pay attention to them, you just do the job they way you were trained throughout your probation and you'll be just fine. Also avoid passenger complaints as much as possible during this period as well. Because TA believes anything these people say about you and will bring the DAN (Disciplinary Action) to you. As a S/A you have lots of responsibilities to the staton. If anything happens with the train service the people are looking to you for answers. If police, fire or ems come on the station you're the first person they look for and come to. And you need to have answers and information for them. Also at all elevated station you have the ability to cut the power to the tracks in the event of an emergency. Not trying to scare or overwhelm any of you, but I'm just trying to give you the reality of the job no bullshit. This job can be very mentally stressful dealing with so many different personalities on a daily basis. Most of your customers won't give you any problems, but the few or one that does can take down your mood very quickly and keep you there for sometime.

Also one last thing if any if you are on Facebook theirs two groups dedicated to stations division. There you'll find plenty of job related information and ask questions that you may have also there's a lot of stress relief there. People talk about all that we encounter down here with these people. The groups names Are Let's Get Busy Station Department and TWU Local 100-Stations.

I just want to Say that observation day was interesting As Hell and it had nothing to do with the Customers. Like you said there will be a lot of things taking place that aren't proper procedure and bad habits developed over the years. I'm thinking positive and not trying to allow myself to let worry creep in as far as our Booth takeover days go. It's definitely a whole lot more entailed with the title than I could have ever imagined of course what I've learned So far has given me a different perspective of agents and also explains the behavior of SOME agents I've encountered as a Customer, Overall, I just anticipate learning even more and gaining additional Skills through my booth experiences to become a highly productive agent

I just want to Say that observation day was interesting As Hell and it had nothing to do with the Customers. Like you said there will be a lot of things taking place that aren't proper procedure and bad habits developed over the years. I'm thinking positive and not trying to allow myself to let worry creep in as far as our Booth takeover days go. It's definitely a whole lot more entailed with the title than I could have ever imagined of course what I've learned So far has given me a different perspective of agents and also explains the behavior of SOME agents I've encountered as a Customer, Overall, I just anticipate learning even more and gaining additional Skills through my booth experiences to become a highly productive agent

Yeah some of the rules down here don't permit us to be as helpful as I'd like or as much as the customer would assume we could be. Like now with the whole $1 new card fee, if someone's card won't encode and they don't have another card to use, there's no choice but to charge them the fee for the card. I really think that sucks, but my hands are tied. It's either I'm going to be short and have to put up the money or charge them the fee. And also when MVM's rip people off and there's really nothing you can do for them but direct them on how to go about getting a refund. That situation is a bit of a mixed bag for me, because the machines are there to basically take my job and your job. But you'll have some people walk past you and not be using a card and decide to go the machine and get ripped off, but now want to come to you about it. Even thought seconds ago you virtually didn't exist. I had a guy for 4 months do this every single night, until he got robbed by the machine, mind you this person never even looked in my direction for all of that time. The only thing you can do is to try and do your job to the best of your abilities. Most times this job can be sweet until it's not, so you need to always be prepared for anything. Well that's it for now good luck to you and your classmates for the remainder of class and probation.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was our last day of the S/A class. We ( 30 new S/A ) all finished our training. Tomorrow will be our first day on the road. I feel both excitement and anxiety at the same time. Next week, there will be another new 30 S/A class will begin, and another 24 S/A class will follow after that. There will be many new S/A's on the road in near future.  :o

That's not going to happen. They can't keep the card that mis-swipes. Besides they get a Replacement card with all of the exact same data as the defective one. If you give them back that mis-swipe your board will be short and they'll violate you for non job performance. The only mis-swipes you return are RFM cards, because those belong to the customer. But you must write RFM on the receipt and drop it in your final bag.

Also congrats to you and all of your classmates. I had a friend of mines supposed to be in the 12/30/2013 class but couldn't find her diploma until a day later. They wouldn't allow her in the class. She has to go back to DCAS to get her restored to the list. But they told her she'll be head of her class which will start on 2/3/2014. Yeah oddly enough some people don't like those I love NY cards. They're limited edition cards to let folks know about heavily damaged areas of the city during Sandy. What was your booth they had you working?

I don't remember, exactly where I was at, when I got that mis-swipe. It happened  in my first week on the road.  I gave it back to the customer without really thinking, and later, I realized that I might have done a wrong thing. I talked to a S/S about the incident. The S/S told me to send in only the receipt with a statement that says " The mis-swiped card was returned to a customer due to my inexperience" 

Unfortunately that soup doesn't really Know what they're talking about. Revenue department will be looking for that card and that card only. The chances of your bag and that receipt going to the same person verifying your bag are very slim. If the custie doesn't want the replacement card that's what 511 is for. Always explain to to them that the replacement card is an exact duplicate of they malfunctioning card they gave you. I wish the best for you with that issue. But in the future never return the mid-swiped card. The only cards you return are RFM cards.

Thank you for your response.

I have an another question. This just happened yesterday.

I'm a AM extra. I went to the booth 15 min. before my scheduled tour, and I had finished proper relief and signed on to the B/T.

Then, after the night S/A left, regular AM S/A showed up, and said, I was bumped.

I called the field-office, and they gave me another job.

I printed my fare-report, and I signed off.

Then the reg. S/A signed on to B/T. 

What will happen to the fare-report I printed out ?  I believe I am responsible for the money on this fare-report.

If the reg. S/A remit the money on my fare-report, It will be no problem, but how can I know the reg. S/A had remitted the money my fare report ?

Should I go back to the booth to check the reg. S/A 's fare-report ???

The agent that took over the booth is responsible for the money on the report you printed out. You don't have to drop a bag for that money. The person that bumped you will drop one bag and the amount should be equal to your amount and the amount they accumulated during their tour. Don't worry.

D Scott answered that exactly how I was. But the second question is why we're they so late? If you got there 15 minutes early like you're supposed to did a proper relief and the night Agent went home that person should've been given a late allowed to work or not allowed to work violation. They're paid for the 15 minutes so showing up that late is some BS. But you're fine money wise, it's on them. They just remitted your electronic fare report with there's and added the totals.

Archived