Station agent list established

primomjr78

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone! I was reading this forum for a while...I have one question..Do I have any chances to be called for interview any time in the future if my list number 68x ?? Thank you in advance for response.

I know somebody whose list number is 590's going to Jan. class. If MTA keeps hiring more S/A, it should be soon.

This just happened today.

I worked in a very busy booth today. The customers kept coming almost nonstop all day long.

About 1.5 hrs before my tour ended, I closed my report and started counting money.

But the customers kept coming to the booth, so it was very hard to count money and finish the paperworks.

So I decided to put the sign that says " Computer is down, Please use Vending machines " .

While I put the sign on the window, I was able to finish counting and bagging the money.

I think it was about 15 min. or so, but many people got extremely angry and complained to me. Some complained very very harshly.

Is there any good ways to count money and do paper works without stopping booth transactions ?

I wonder how the veteran S/A's do when they work in very busy booths ?

Kche11, I used to do the same when I had first started. But don't make that a habit because if a custie makes a complaint you'll be in trouble. Because hand written signs aren't supposed to be in the windows. You'll get hang of being able to bag out whilst dealing with customers. Just take any little moment you get to write on your paperwork. If you're doing something make them wait a moment for you to finish what you're doing. If you're in the middle of counting a stack of bills, tell them to hold on a moment. They see you're in the middle something. Don't be afraid to dictate patients to the customers. Because above all your money has to be straight. Another method is to close and print early. Like if you know the booth is going to be busy by say 1430 on a 0800-1600 booth. Close out at 1300-1330. That way you can do all your paperwork with minimal interruptions, and be ready when your relief gets there. Some people bitch because there might be more money than usual for them to count. But don't pay them any mind. Their job is to count money, so as long as your board is straight tell them to kick rocks lol. Don't worry you'll develop your own flow of how to handle certain booths. Also what booth were you working at that day?

Hello everyone! I was reading this forum for a while...I have one question..Do I have any chances to be called for interview any time in the future if my list number 68x ?? Thank you in advance for response.

With that list number you'll get called very soon. A friend of mines whom took the cleaners job until they reached her number was ranked 63X, and got called for the December 30th 2013 class. The next class is scheduled for February 3rd 2014. You could be in that one or the following one. They've been hiring classes of 30 people which is high. Normally they hire classes of 20. So at that rate you should be receiving a pre-employment letter very soon, just hang in there.

Kche11, I used to do the same when I had first started. But don't make that a habit because if a custie makes a complaint you'll be in trouble. Because hand written signs aren't supposed to be in the windows. You'll get hang of being able to bag out whilst dealing with customers. Just take any little moment you get to write on your paperwork. If you're doing something make them wait a moment for you to finish what you're doing. If you're in the middle of counting a stack of bills, tell them to hold on a moment. They see you're in the middle something. Don't be afraid to dictate patients to the customers. Because above all your money has to be straight. Another method is to close and print early. Like if you know the booth is going to be busy by say 1430 on a 0800-1600 booth. Close out at 1300-1330. That way you can do all your paperwork with minimal interruptions, and be ready when your relief gets there. Some people bitch because there might be more money than usual for them to count. But don't pay them any mind. Their job is to count money, so as long as your board is straight tell them to kick rocks lol. Don't worry you'll develop your own flow of how to handle certain booths. Also what booth were you working at that day?

Thank you for your advice. I'll try it next time when I'm assigned to a very busy station. When this had happened to me, I was assigned to "90 St. Station" on the 7 line in Queens. 

• 2 weeks later...
Loving the Job thus far all the info here helped a great deal and thanks again WillBX718 for all your information.

Glad to hear it. The job has its up and down days. Maybe I'll run into you on the toad one day.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm on the station agents list but I took the cleaners job when they offered it. I've been on the job 1 year and 9 mos it's ok and I'm spoiled in some areas because I work in a yard which is 100% car equipment as opposed to terminal cleaners which are held to stations rules. In any case I go in this morning (I'm doing overnight now lol) for pre-employment, my # is 73x. What class will I be in if anyone has the scoop and more importantly if I decide that s/a is not my cup of tea per say will I be able to go back to cta title with no hassle? I heard something about if u have a year or more in a previous title u can go back within a year of ur new title... Thanks for the responses

Hey guys, I'm on the station agents list but I took the cleaners job when they offered it. I've been on the job 1 year and 9 mos it's ok and I'm spoiled in some areas because I work in a yard which is 100% car equipment as opposed to terminal cleaners which are held to stations rules. In any case I go in this morning (I'm doing overnight now lol) for pre-employment, my # is 73x. What class will I be in if anyone has the scoop and more importantly if I decide that s/a is not my cup of tea per say will I be able to go back to cta title with no hassle? I heard something about if u have a year or more in a previous title u can go back within a year of ur new title... Thanks for the responses

That probably won't apply to you since you're in labor class appointment at the moment and not in a civil serivce appointment. As right now they're in the 630-680 range of list numbers. I heard this late February class could be the last in a while or the last period. I'm not 100% on that, just what I overheard. They canceled the 2/3/2014 class. But typically all of the CTA's I know whom took the S/A exam worked about 2 and 1/2 years before getting a call. But 400 agents are supposed to retire this year and many more to be promoted. Me possibly being one of them. So just hang on you'll hear something soon.

That probably won't apply to you since you're in labor class appointment at the moment and not in a civil serivce appointment. As right now they're in the 630-680 range of list numbers. I heard this late February class could be the last in a while or the last period. I'm not 100% on that, just what I overheard. They canceled the 2/3/2014 class. But typically all of the CTA's I know whom took the S/A exam worked about 2 and 1/2 years before getting a call. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I have a question.

On my paycheck stub, every time  $31.16 is deducted as "Travelers Insurance".

Does anybody know what this is ?

Is this something everybody must pay ?

Thank you in advance.

No! Its suonething you must've signed up for when you first started. The union bombards you with a lot of shit as you when you first start. You're going yo have to.cancel the coverage if you don't want it any longer.

Thank you.  I will try to cancel it tomorrow.
OK let us know how that goes. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
No! Its suonething you must've signed up for when you first started. The union bombards you with a lot of shit when you first start. You're going yo have to cancel the coverage if you don't want it any longer. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the pay increases. Is it a convineient financial coincidence they are calling CTAs for SA 2 and half years into their title? Or in other words right before they reach top pay? I don't know exactly how that works. Hypothetically if that happened would the appointee be put back at the bottom of SA pay? Do your time time towards top pay go with you? Can someone break it down somewhat lol ? Thanks

Well top pay I believe takes four years now. And I'm not sire if they make you start at first year pay for clerks on 2md going into third. I have a friend in this situation that's starts on the 24th. I'll have to confirm with her what they're paying her once she starts.

Well top pay I believe takes four years now. And I'm not sire if they make you start at first year pay for clerks on 2md going into third. I have a friend in this situation that's starts on the 24th. I'll have to confirm with her what they're paying her once she starts. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Sorry I'm new to this I don't know how to quote or reply or anything lol

Well top pay I believe takes four years now. And I'm not sire if they make you start at first year pay for clerks on 2md going into third. I have a friend in this situation that's starts on the 24th. I'll have to confirm with her what they're paying her once she starts. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using TapatalkSorry I'm new to this I don't know how to quote or reply or anything lol

It's cool man, you'll learn the in's and outs of the site in no time.

Archived