Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Astoria Line

Ending An Amazing Summer On A Good Note !

Nice photos. Its good to see some photos of the S79. I now hear a lot of the automated announcements on the bus telling passengers about how its becoming an SBS route starting in Sept. It's funny to also hear that you must continue to still only board through the front door. While listening to this and knowing how the other SBS routes operate. Im curious to know how is this new S79 SBS going to speed up service. If that is what transit was going for.

• Upvote 3

Nice photos. Its good to see some photos of the S79. I now hear a lot of the automated announcements on the bus telling passengers about how its becoming an SBS route starting in Sept. It's funny to also hear that you must continue to still only board through the front door. While listening to this and knowing how the other SBS routes operate. Im curious to know how is this new S79 SBS going to speed up service. If that is what transit was going for.

Thanks! and it is supposed to speed up service because it only makes LTD stops and there are bus lanes but only in some part of the route. I don't consider it an SBS, I consider it more of a "glorified limited" tbh.

You're having loads of fun here! Great shots, keep it up. the XD40s I love here especially!

• Upvote 1

Thanks! and it is supposed to speed up service because it only makes LTD stops and there are bus lanes but only in some part of the route. I don't consider it an SBS, I consider it more of a "glorified limited" tbh.

I just read the other thread dedicated to this new service. Thank you, and I agree with you by calling it a "Limited Stop" service. I think for now its just going to confuse some people as far as branding goes. People affiliate SBS brand as "Pay before you get on". Whatever, this is Staten Island nonsense.

Edited by jemcclain1