Major Equipment Swap... XD40s & LFS

The Real

Time out....I don't think staten islands fleet on BTEs are going anywhere until bus time arrives in brooklyn and queens...thosebuses have gps and I don't think they would do all that work of taking gps out or adding more until bus time comes...cause if those 3gs at ulmer and qv go to staten island they have to add gps to the buses...soo I don't think that's changing until bus time hits those boroughs

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time out....I don't think staten islands fleet on BTEs are going anywhere until bus time arrives in brooklyn and queens...thosebuses have gps and I don't think they would do all that work of taking gps out or adding more until bus time comes...cause if those 3gs at ulmer and qv go to staten island they have to add gps to the buses...soo I don't think that's changing until bus time hits those boroughs

they are doing this because of parts thats what they clam, but SI has a big chance of loosing its XD40's as well, 3G orions will all be in SI if they decide to do that

those are going as well to UP, basically all the XD40's will Be in UP with the RTS, all the 3G Orion VII's will Be in SI and all of the LFS Juice boxes will be in QV, i find it stupid that QV is gonna end up with all these LFS but thats the good old MTA un-improving non stop

Its just a bus swap...its not like they losing brand new buses for something knocking on death's door

From what I heard about these moves it has something to do with stocking of

all the different parts for all the different buses.

That is true. Parts have been an issue for quite sometime now that UP operates 6 different bus models.

Bustime really doesn't have much to do with it. All the would have to do is just take the GPS of buses being transfered out of SI and put them in buses coming in to Castleton. They will do whatever they have to do.

Why would they remove the GPS when the entire city will eventually be on Bustime?

Listen buddy, a bus is a bus. It gets people from destination to destination. At the end of the day, most people won't complain about a specific bus type like you. If you don't like it, too bad!

You can't always have what you want.

Yeah ok, im not sure about that......... There are OTHER people on this forum who complain as well, and I have come across many post like that....

I remember one person on this forum b9tched only because the Bronx is getting XD60s.. Just typical transit drama..... Some people just tend to hide there issues... Yeah well people got eyes...

I've never been so disappointed with the transit fan community in my entire life.

People are actually going to kick and scream over a bus TRANSFER?

Last time I've checked, the MTA has purchased these vehicles.. Not us.

Don't like it, ride another bus. Take a cab. Take the train. WALK!

At the end of the day, the point of transportation is to help you get from point A to point B faster. If you're so worried about WHAT'S getting you to point B each time, your destination(s) must not be that important.. I'm just saying!

as long as 4870-4899 stay at s.i then im good...

Might not happen !

those are going as well to UP, basically all the XD40's will Be in UP with the RTS, all the 3G Orion VII's will Be in SI and all of the LFS Juice boxes will be in QV, i find it stupid that QV is gonna end up with all these LFS but thats the good old MTA un-improving non stop

That is whats supposed to happen.

Continue... It can happen anytime. It's not a big deal installing GPS to the buses , then again it might happen when the bus time hits the boroughs.

I'll enjoy this swap in the roomy seats of the XD40. :D

Ok, favoritism aside, this is an... interesting move. If all the XD40's in the BT&E program were in Ulmer Park, I'd be one happy camper. Though I do not mind the Orions being here. I dislike the seating in the 3G's, but it's roomy & smooth. The LFS's are trash. I feel sorry for QV and the passengers of the routes in that depot, though I see the MTA's reasoning. And as we know, the winner of the BT&E program (XD40's I think) will be in all 3 depots (and more) anyways.

Actually all buses built after 2010 were built with the GPS/Bus Time Equipment already installed and in fact some of the buses in QV and UP have their GPSs activated already. The Orion 4Gs going to SI would be merely just activating the units that aren't already activated. So yes the New Flyer XD40s, the Nova LFSs, the Nova LFSAs, the Orion VII E10/4Gs, the Prevost X3s and the New Flyer C40LFs in fact already has the Bus Time hardware installed.

Actually all buses built after 2010 were built with the GPS/Bus Time Equipment already installed and in fact some of the buses in QV and UP have their GPSs activated already. The Orion 4Gs going to SI would be merely just activating the units that aren't already activated. So yes the New Flyer XD40s, the Nova LFSs, the Nova LFSAs, the Orion VII E10/4Gs, the Prevost X3s and the New Flyer C40LFs in fact already has the Bus Time hardware installed.

wow....wow...that was one big fact i didnt know

Bus transfers happen everyday. You're going to call your city councilman because a depot is getting more of a bus model that you don't like? Are you kidding me? I could understand if Ulmer Park switched LFS' with Jamaica's O7's.

I agree that the LFS buses are not well suited for the Q46. If you don't think people care about the type of bus that pulls up, I invite you to the busy stops on the Q46. Ive heard so many complaints about the LFS buses because their layout is really stupid. Even my little cousins have noticed it and commented when I take them on the bus. I've sent emails to the MTA with my opinion of the BTE buses, but I've only gotten generic answers back.

And don't pretend that all buses arexactly the same. I guarantee that if MCI's started showing up on local routes, you would notice the difference. The MTA needs to focus on getting buses that hold the most people possible and have ample exits to save time and money. All buses are not created equal. From the foaming that goes on here, I would have thought everyone here knew that already.

what they should have did was send the LFS to SI or manhattan, QV should have kept the 3G, i may not be a fan of them but i rather them than an LFS, the XD40 going to UP is not the main reason why im pissed its the LFS thats the part that pissed me off, esp on lines that they KNOW gets heavy ridership, but maybe the (MTA) wants to test to see if these crap boxes can handle crowds, and its of course its gonna fail

Stop saying what the MTA should and should not do!!!! It's not about you, it's not about the transit fans and foamers!!! It is about making service and making life a tad easier on Bus Maintenance. SO what if QV is getting the LFS in exchange for the XD40?! Truth be told, NONE of these new buses can hold as much as a High Floor Bus!!! The buses are being switched around, END OF STORY!!!! Don't like it, then tie up the reeboks and get the walking!! Or you can move out of NYC! And get you some business! Anybody who eat, sleeps, and shits MTA has no life whatsoever! I love the hobby, but damn!!! Breathe Easy!

In any event, the XD40s are going to UP?! Guess where I am going come system pick!!!!!

Archived