Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

New buses on the M60 (5973) and others

5973 on the west side of Manhattan

5973.jpg

433 with a front ad (Gleason is putting front ads on many of the 350 and higher C40LFs)

433.jpg

450 in delivery yesterday

450.jpg

• Upvote 5

I thought they had to wait 30 days b4 putting ads on buses bcause of the paint

I've seen buses given ads almost on delivery. Some of the mid-5900s got ads after only a day or two.

Edited by aemoreira81

I hope to find one of these on the M15.....

This begs the question though, would these buses evidently kick out the 1996 RTSs from 126? Being that there are only a handful left there.

I've seen buses given ads almost on delivery. Some of the mid-5900s got ads after only a day or two.

Now this begs the question.. Will they (JG) slap ads on the side of these buses in the near future, at least on the drivers side.

Just seen a front ad on 401 yesterday on the 68.

Now this begs the question.. Will they (JG) slap ads on the side of these buses in the near future, at least on the drivers side.

West Farms already has side ads on at least 5 of their C40LFs; last week, I posted 294 with a side ad a week or two ago.

I thought they had to wait 30 days b4 putting ads on buses bcause of the paint

The buses aren't really painted anymore. The panels (on the new buses anyway) come white from the factory.

Excellent shots and catches.

I hope to find one of these on the M15.....

This begs the question though, would these buses evidently kick out the 1996 RTSs from 126? Being that there are only a handful left there.

Hoping so as well...I'd bet on it too, the MTA has wanted those 1996s out of Manhattan for a while. Shame though, I remember those buses when they were at Quill, Manhattanville, the like.

Why not? They can fit the BusTime ads, they can fit normal ads. The only C40s that I don't think can do front ads are the 100-200s and SC's batch, since those have the license plate to the left of the headlights where the ad would go.

Excellent shots and catches.

Hoping so as well...I'd bet on it too, the MTA has wanted those 1996s out of Manhattan for a while. Shame though, I remember those buses when they were at Quill, Manhattanville, the like.

Why not? They can fit the BusTime ads, they can fit normal ads. The only C40s that I don't think can do front ads are the 100-200s and SC's batch, since those have the license plate to the left of the headlights where the ad would go.

The license plate on buses 185-319 and 491-528 can be moved to fit front ads. 529 and higher won't get front ads because they're MTA Bus units.

As for the 1996 Novas, there are only five remaining in Manhattan Division. I suspect that the older artics will also be finished at MHV.

• Upvote 1