Do you hate when..

SomeGuy

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

Sorry for my long questions I just needed to hear some other opinions on this.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

Almost every single person who uses the M31 takes forever to climb up the stairs (they should really use low floors considering that most riders are 65+) and they always have to ask the bus driver some dumb question.

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

Or more annoying, when the M15 SBS closes its door at a stop and the jerk refuses to open the door even though the light just turns red, so you're stuck screaming at each other for at least a minute before he takes off

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

Never had this happen to me before. Whenever I ride on a bus with few people on it I take the aisle seat for more leg room anyways.

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

I've never had this problem, although I've only taken buses within Manhattan

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

I've never seen anyone try to use an excuse to get past the driver, although I've seen a few people hop in through the back door.

Responses in red.

I have been on a few buses where just as the last person gets on, we are stuck at the red light and more people running for the bus knocks on the doors to demand to be let on.

If on an empty bus, I take the single seat, so no one sits next to me.

I try to avoid getting the buses with kids on it as chances are they'll be talking loudly or starting up some ish in the back. Avoid the 3-4pm hour if possible.

Few days ago I think a guy actually did say he forgot his card and still got on the bus as the b/o didn't bother arguing or try to get into a major altercation. And yes I hate farebeaters, there should be more cops patrolling the bus lines in the city and nabbing them. They are criminals (and I am not lumping in the ppl that may have came up short on the fare once in a while, it can happen to anyone).

=

I'll add a few to the list:

Do you hate when the bus breaks down when the w/c lift on a hf bus gets stuck and forces the whole bus to go out of service? (didn't happen to me, but I saw a bus with the lift in the lift position and oos while waiting for another bus.)

Do you hate when a w/c rider gets on a bus for just 2 local stops? (happened once years ago on the M103.)

On the 161 NJT, it takes forever for some of the bus operators to make change for the folks who pay in cash, $5 or $10.... AND, its the same folks who ride the bus every work day!

Yes, I avoid the x1 like the plague because of this. The worst is going towards Eltingville Transit Center, if someone requests a stop right after New Dorp Lane, it seriously adds an additional 5 minutes to the commute because of the traffic lights (and dedicated left turn lanes s/b on Hylan).

I usually ride express buses or MCI's on NJT, no-one has sat next to me on an empty or near-empty bus, but folks have sat adjacent to me and proceeded to yak on their cell phones or make weird noises.

Once on the s89, on a bus with about 12 folks, some lady put their screaming baby in front of my face. I actually got up and went to the empty back of the bus. (I'm not exactly a child-friendly person) The parents looked at me like whats my problem was...

Last question.

I almost got into a physical altercation once, take the 9:30 am x1 on Sunday morning.... I dont know if those folks are there since I take the s74 to the x10,, but it is not just "kids" its small children and their parent's/guardian baby daddy etc., screaming and yelling... Well, this one lady came up to me and told me to move over, not asked, but commanded me to do so.... I almost lost it, but I didn't feel like going to jail or holding up other people...

I have some sympathy for teens who get on buses but are well-behaved. For other individuals who farebeat and are causing problems, I wish the cops were on board and take those idiots off.

On the topic of payment and fares, I truly wish that the MTAPD patrolled the stations and cars on SIR. I have never seen the out of control behaviour I see on a regular basis on any other transportation network (NYC Subway, HBLR, RiverLine etc)...

Yup.... I hate it even more when it's something petty...

Yep... Happened a lot...

Never really had that happened... When I'm on an empty bus, folks usually just sit by themselves...

Last question.

I HATE this with a passion... Had that happen every single day when I was in HS...

Yep... No excuse for not paying the fare... If you don't have it, Use the two feet express...

Answers in blue...

I think the thing I hate most is when I pull into a stop and open the doors the person standing there ask me for directions!!!!! With all the smart phones....just map it already!!

I mentioned this in a earlier hate post....But I hate it when some jack gets on the bus and has to eat his deep fried feet on the bus....and I usually have a new bus so it lingers for hours.....DEEP FRIED FEET!!!!

Yes the school kids and Mr Bus Driver I don't have my metrocard......and then they are usually eating something......it's like I have no money for the bus....but for snacks and other crap I got.....but the MTA says let em ride...."it could be your kid or your aunt's kid" etc....

People running for no apparent reason....me stopping in the stop and they run right by.....

People bangin on the door after I pull out of the stop and get stuck at the red light 50 feet away....like that gives you the right to bang on the door.....go back and wait for the next bus and board safely at the stop.....not at the middle of the street!!!!

ooo and don't you just hate MAINSTREET......I know I do.........lol

Last question.

1) yes.

2) this is annoying, but bearable.

3-5) since I'm on long island, this does not happen to me as much as if I was in the city.

Random thing I hate:

I just HATED when an old woman had one of those wheel support thingiemajingies uses the lift to board, then she sits down, gulps down a ton of Coke, and brandishes a box of cigarettes for the entire run. And while sitting there, she goes about "I screamed at the b--- because he didn't give a damn about..." Well god, keep your cursing to yourself on the bus!

I know bus drivers aren't supposed to pick people up after leaving a stop, and sometimes you have to pull away from a stop to get to the light, but there are some cases where the bus stop is right at the street corner so if the light is red the driver can't really even move from the stop. In cases like this he/she's basically losing no time at all by opening the door for someone running up, so not holding the door just comes off as rude.

Usually at heavy nearside bus stops, I stop at least 7-10 ft away from the pole so I can load, then pull to the left so I'm out the stop, especially at Eastern Parkway and Utica - you have no choice but to pull away because of the amount of people that keep running for your bus. Load and get out of there...

This is what I hate on the bus

I hate when a guy sits next to me

I hate when someone sits next to be a talk loud on their phone like the person can't hear good.

I hate when someone pulled the chord before their stop and then someone yanks and slaps the tape or chord.

I hate when the bus is about to leave someone decides to either get on and this is what kills me someone finally decides to get off at the last minute.

I hate that people have to take up two or three seats for no reason.

I don't like when the driver just waits at a stop and he has to lets the bus overcrowd and become all hot.

And the thing I hate the most at NYCT Bus stops someone asks me where does the bus go and what time it's come. I get very mad come the stop says the destination and the guide a ride show the route map and schedule. I can understand them asking on MTAB routes but no excuse on the NYCT Bus. I hate that people got to be lazy.

I'm Done :)

Yes indeed, we all hate wheelchairs getting on the bus, but it is what it is.

Of course, It's annoying how bus stops are after a red light though too. How the B/O cannot let you off at the red light pisses me off.

No, sometimes I'll start talking to he/she if he/she is a kid, but if it's some creep or a man with horrible B/O (Body Odor) then I'll move to another seat or stand up. I mostly stand If I don't have a lot of stuff to carry.

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons

Yes, I'm a calmer kid. Most of the time those kids are fare-beaters.

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.III I hate farebeaters, and if they don't have a Metro-Card they can use exact change, older people still do use exact change.

Extra:

If someone with body-odor gets the seat next to you and the bus is full (no other seats) what do you do?

A. Get up and try to stand

B. Stay seated

Want a bad one? I was on the 11 bus yesterday and this huge family gets on the bus, something like 10-12 people (and all of them are the age that should be paying, it's not young kids). Mom gets on, nice and slick, takes out her quarters and jams them right in the Metrocard slot. 'Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake, so sorry.' Course the whole family has already gotten on the bus, so it's pretty clear she knew exactly what she was doing all along. Broken farebox for the rest of the op's run just cause this deadbeat family wouldn't pay up. Made me sick.

Want a bad one? I was on the 11 bus yesterday and this huge family gets on the bus, something like 10-12 people (and all of them are the age that should be paying, it's not young kids). Mom gets on, nice and slick, takes out her quarters and jams them right in the Metrocard slot. 'Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake, so sorry.' Course the whole family has already gotten on the bus, so it's pretty clear she knew exactly what she was doing all along. Broken farebox for the rest of the op's run just cause this deadbeat family wouldn't pay up. Made me sick.

Did she look like a foreigner? If she was I probably wouldn't be surprised.

Nope, they all looked like NYers. This was intentional, no doubt, just a lousy thing to do. Op is a nice woman too, if she'd just explained she didn't have the fare she probably would have gotten on, but instead she's gotta con the MTA out of fares from everybody.

Don't you hate it when someone rings the bell the bus driver stops at the next stop.....

everybody is just sitting there looking at each other.....the person that rang the bell should just say sorry I meant the next stop....keep going.....but instead we must wait a few seconds..than close the door and bing.....for the next stop...

I hate when I ride the bus and people stand under the sensor in the rear door and every 2 seconds its like "please do not stand in the rear door area" I'm like pero mira tu no oye. in english that means Yo don't you listen.

I hate the fact that bus has to say that every few seconds. A lot of the time on the M15 SBS there's just no room, so people have to use that space. And no, there's no way they're gonna wait for the next bus because it'll be just as packed as the previous one.

I hate the fact that bus has to say that every few seconds. A lot of the time on the M15 SBS there's just no room, so people have to use that space. And no, there's no way they're gonna wait for the next bus because it'll be just as packed as the previous one.

They don't move, I don't move -- safety hazard.

Happens everywhere; perhaps every run.

Often, they're deliberately stalling, to stay on schedule. But then, if the actual travel time is quicker than the schedule, they should adjust the schedules, then.

Here's what I hate when on the bus:

- A bunch of rowdy kids make non stop noise at the back of the bus.

- When someone who comes on the bus stands right in the front of the bus (behind the white line) when there are seats available.

- On a local bus someone always leans on the cord and makes the bus stop, at every stop!

- When a farebeater boards through the back.

- Sometimes the bus driver gets up there in speed, but brakes hard.

- (This happens on the B46) when the bus is trying to make way, a dollar van/cab zooms right by trying to get that fare.

Yes, especially when they're chatting it away with a friend or on the phone. I may be just a bit sympathatic if they are holding the bus for someone running nearby (keyword near). Elderly/disabled I don't mind at all.

No if we have time on the run. Yes if we are late and/or he/she could have made that light.

If they sit near me like the row in front, across, or behind I don't mind. If the person is unpleasant to be around (ex: noise, odor, etc) then I will move. If someone tries to sit directly next to me, then I will move.

Doesn't seem to be kids as much as unruly young adults causing a commotion and such.

Last question.

Doesn't apply to me now so no opinion other than if I have the money, and the person is desprate enough, I will cover their fare once and only once.

No cause if im late dispatcher will put me in place :)

No cause I know it will eventually turn green again :)

No cause there arent any seats next to me except white line that they cant pass while im driving :)

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons ?

M60 doesnt attract that many kids :)

Last question.

Hate is such a strong word more like dislike :)

Don't you hate when groups of kids gather in the middle of empty buses effectively blocking the aisles and preventing you from reaching the unoccupied seats in the rear? I get on an M15 (D60) and start making my way towards the back of the bus. I see a group of kids in the middle of the bus but specifically 2 boys that were maybe 13 or 14 that were talking to (more like harassing) a girl that was sitting down. They were blocking the aisle so I say "excuse me". 1 kid moves but the other one continues his attempts on the girl. I say excuse me again, no response. I say excuse my louder 1 more time, and the kid ignores me again. So at this point, I just push him aside and proceed to the rear of the bus. He loses his balance and stumbles a little bit. He looks back at me with a conflicted look on his face. At first he looked like he wanted to do something to me b/c he didn't want to look like a bi**h in front of the girl he was talking to. But then he probably came to the realization that he was about 5'2" and 130lbs, while I'm 6'2" and 225lbs...At least I tried to be polite at first lol

Archived