Do you hate when..

SomeGuy

Don't blame you at all for doing that. Sometimes I have to be a bit forceful and aggressive in order to get my point across in regards to etiquette and a general show of respect when I'm commuting using public transportation. And I'm not even talking about rowdy kids, I mean the other full grown yet dysfunctional adults I have to deal with on a day by day basis.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bx35 stop on River Ave and 167st Eastbound is full of farebeaters, most of them kids who have their Student Metrocards. These children make it almost impossible to exit the bus, They just walk in through the rear doors without even letting the people off.

There have been cases where children and in some cases, even grown adults have asked me from the outside of the bus to open the door for them.

All I do is give em this blank look like "Really?"

The nerve of some people nowadays

This is what I really hate

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

Sorry for my long questions I just needed to hear some other opinions on this.

1. It's always the old people or someone with an injury on the high floors

2. Some drivers will wait until the light turns yellow to pull out of a stop to maintain schedule. So I can't be mad at that...

3. It's never happened to me, on an empty bus I will sit at the very rear, most people stick to the front

4. Last time that happened it was a group of teen girls that got on the bus and started singing/talking all loud for no reason

5. I don't like farebeaters

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

No cause if im late dispatcher will put me in place :)

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

No cause I know it will eventually turn green again :)

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

No cause there arent any seats next to me except white line that they cant pass while im driving :)

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons ?

M60 doesnt attract that many kids :)

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

Hate is such a strong word more like dislike :)

I think I've seen your M60 before...

lovebus.jpg

B-)

Here's what I hate when on the bus:

- (This happens on the B46) when the bus is trying to make way, a dollar van/cab zooms right by trying to get that fare.

Never seen that happening about someone 'leaning' on the cord.

Not just the B46, it's prevalent on the B41 as well.

Whenever I'm waiting for the B41 and it's approaching, the dollar van guys usually back off (even if it takes a little horn-honking) They generally attack in full force when you're still waiting for the bus, especially at the big stops where crowds form.

DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN THE BUS GETS A FLAT TIRE AND EVERYONE MUST LEAVE THE BUS?

Or at least, something more common, don't you hate it when the bus vibrates violently every second due to suspension or tire or structural issues?

Mostly occurs on older model buses, but these are still quite unpleasant.

If they're early I could careless otherwise if they're late then again yeah, because it just makes the commute just a bit slower.

I really do not Understand why they do that. It's like as if they want somebody to be next to you to either annoy you & take away the free space or have a person to be next to so that they feel they feel guarded.

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

Last question.

It nausiates me whenever I have to be in a bus when kids don't know how to behave & act like they're from the Zoo... :angry: Not to mention how disruptive it can be.

Again, it sickens to even look at a farebeater when they take the cheap way in. Not paying like the other passengers do & also the phrase "just drive the bus" is ignorant too, like they think they should get away with it & move on.

My Replies in bold.

Yes. It happened once on westbound M86 and NICE Bus. I remember at 86th St/5th Av, one man had two many MetroCards seem about 14 MetroCard. It was delaying everyone's trip, so one female passenger who was sitting and she paid for him instead.

No. However sometimes both NYCT/MTA Bus/NICE Bus/Bee-Line Buses sometimes jump red light as well.

When I was on uptown M3, b/o jump red light at 82nd St because it change from yellow to red soon. Sometimes Veolia B/Os on NICE also jump red light all the time.

Yes, it happened to me all time on NYCT Bus, MTA Bus, Bee-Line or NICE Bus.

Last question.

Yes. I had terrible experience when I took S56 tripper as regular passenger and not just kids. on NICE, hispanic riders are talking so loud.

Yes, I hate it. I think NYCBOE need to restore some school bus service especially in Staten Island or Queens, where students had to cross dangerous intersection or intersection next to expressway.

Another thing I hate:

When taxi drivers blocking Central Terminal, forcing passengers to catch their M60, Q33, Q48, Q72 in middle of airport roadway.

When I was on M34A +Select Bus Service+ PABT at 8th Av/34th St, there was wheelchair waiting for it, however because Delivery Truck was double parking, and packages were on sidewalk.

Quill B/O asked delivery guy politely to move his good because I have wheelchair, so delivery guy did.

Quill B/O had already kneeled the bus and lift was kind of slanted slope.

When assistant trying to push wheelchair up slanted ramp, it remind me of NICE Bus incident and I got so nervous, so I decided to help them bring wheelchair up to bus aisle.

This is reason why I hate taxi, delivery truck, carriage drivers or charter buses parking illegal at city bus stop or sightseeing tour bus stop because B/O cannot have safe place to pull over.

Yes, I hate it. I think NYCBOE need to restore some school bus service especially in Staten Island or Queens, where students had to cross dangerous intersection or intersection next to expressway.

They actually did restore school bus service, with the exception of the schools behind the SI Mall.

But either way, school buses never applied to high school students.

Don't you hate it when you are driving the bus and you pull into the stop and the people waiting at the stop don't let the people off the bus first and then it becomes a pushing game!!

Or when people stand with the people trying to get on the bus and they step in the bus before people get off and the pushing game starts...than they swipe the card for someone else I close the door and start to pull away only for them to say I want to get off! Are people that cheap that they need other people to swipe for them??

Last question.

I'm not taking buses but if I liked buses this would be my reaction:

1. I don't hate that, he/she has to go slowly and carefully on buses.

2. I don't care whether that happens because we have to follow traffic rules.

3. I would be scared if the bus was empty with the driver and me only in the bus.

4. I won't like that, they have to know what is right and wrong. Making a ruckus on public transport with no reason is nonsense.

5. I will never like them because they should pay. FAIR IS FAIR.

LOL... Speaking of people sitting next to you on an empty bus, I haven't had that happen in a while. It happened to me on the (R) train years ago. I got on at 86th street in Bay Ridge and this chick comes and sits almost right next to me and I'm looking around like WTF is with this chick? All of this empty space and she comes over here? I just got up and moved. She looked offended that I moved but I didn't give a crap. Some folks have an angle so you have to be careful and I go off of the vibe people give off. Some chicks are really sweet like this Brazilian chick. We sat next to each other on the SI Ferry like we were a couple. :D She didn't speak English but we understood each other just fine. I spoke in Italian and she spoke in Portuguese.

LOL... Speaking of people sitting next to you on an empty bus, I haven't had that happen in a while. It happened to me on the (R) train years ago. I got on at 86th street in Bay Ridge and this chick comes and sits almost right next to me and I'm looking around like WTF is with this chick? All of this empty space and she comes over here? I just got up and moved. She looked offended that I moved but I didn't give a crap. Some folks have an angle so you have to be careful and I go off of the vibe people give off. Some chicks are really sweet like this Brazilian chick. We sat next to each other on the SI Ferry like we were a couple. :D She didn't speak English but we understood each other just fine. I spoke in Italian and she spoke in Portuguese.

Ok...

cool%20story%2C%20bro.jpeg

OK why do you think I cut the line often? lol. I hate fools like that so I shove em out the way.

Err yeah that pisses me off to no end.

Only if that person is a heavy smoker or alcoholic and smells very bad ugh especially on a greyhound when a stinky ass fool sits near me.

Last question.

Kids don't bother me at all too busy watching youtube to care.

Do you hate farebeaters,do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

I HATE farebeaters with the heat of one thousand suns they disgust me they need to go f**k themselves. I hope they get slaughtered with new enforcement and stupidly high fines. Hunt them down like beasts MTA.

Replies in bold and red.

OK why do you think I cut the line often? lol. I hate fools like that so I shove em out the way.

First off, you do realize that even if you cut the line that you'll still have to wait for them to get on, right?

Secondly, I highly doubt that you shove people out of your way. And if you do, that's just being a complete dick and I'm pretty sure that can constitute as assault. Your profile says you're 23 years old, and you sound like you're some small pathetic dude and I'd beat the crap out of you if you shoved me to cut me in line for the bus. But the way you talk sounds like you're 12 years old and making stuff up to sound like you're cool, when you're really just sounding like a complete a**hole.

Lastly, even if you do cut the line and shove people out of your way, why do you feel the need to share that on a forum where you know everyone doesn't like you already?

Qtrainjmaster,

if you shoved passengers, there could be violence as Gorgor stated.

There was one close call could lead to violence.

For example.

I remember one time when I was on crowded M15 LTD during the weekdays.

At 1st Av/42nd St, one female lady shoved me passed ruefully without saying excuse me, it lead another lady who was trying to get off at 42nd St got into argument. 126th St B/O also took action and threatened to call her cops.

That mean and rue lady left and forcing another lady to get off at 49th St because she properly don't want to fight.

Not all bus riders are nice.

There was another incident when I was with Manhattanville B/O on M4, there was one crazy unprofessional driver on uptown loop of Grayline Sightseeing Tour.

Manhattanvillle B/O was honking to ask tour bus B/O to make room, however this tour bus lady trying to SMASH THE BUS, competing with us if it was game.

That tour bus lady was risking lives of tourists on tour bus and passengers on M4.

I remember during New Years, when M15 SBS South Ferry-bound was going down Canal St, one teenage man was confused with SBS and Local/LTD, and when we got stuck on traffic light on Pike St/Division St, this teenage boy threw frozen SNOW BALLS ON BUS.

Another experiennce, I have boarded NICE n20l Hicksville and there were cops sitting by AT&T and 2 passengers (female/male).

They had big shopping stuff.

Female with him had already boarded the bus, and Veolia B/O try to leave him and he knocked and screamed at B/O which got cops attention, "Calm down!"

I was on Bx12 SBS Westbound one time when it was during weekdays in July after SBS was implemented in June, there was confuse lady at Williamsburg Rd and female Gun Hill B/O was telliing her politefully she need to get ticket from machine, and she refused and she spit on B/O, and annoying B/O got angry, but there was no violence.

There was another incident, not on city bus.

When I was 7th Grade at Simon Baruch MS104, my class teacher rented SHORTLINE Bus, Prevost that takes us to Waterloo Village, NJ.

I was on 1st bus and our students (except me) was arguing, distracting B/O, so B/O had to pulled over onto expressway and threated student if they don't be quiet, he will not moved.

This is reason why I never shove people.

It not just city bus, even passengers on taxi could get violence if they skipped line at taxi stand.

It happened one time at LGA CTB, tourists should have spotted taxis are standing in taxi stand, one of tourists ask driver and they just got on it. Taxi dispatcher properly also saw it, too.

Don't you hate it when you are driving the bus and you pull into the stop and the people waiting at the stop don't let the people off the bus first and then it becomes a pushing game!!

Or when people stand with the people trying to get on the bus and they step in the bus before people get off and the pushing game starts...than they swipe the card for someone else I close the door and start to pull away only for them to say I want to get off! Are people that cheap that they need other people to swipe for them??

I truly hate when people block the doors of a bus or a train when I'm trying to exit. On the bus, I just push past people as hard as I can while saying excuse me. On the train I just stand there and look at them, they usually get the message. If they don't I say "it would be nice if I can get out of the train".

What I hate: When the limited takes more time to get from one point to the next than the local, I mean mud on when that happens. This happens most noticeable on the Q11/Q53 lines

The Q11 and and 53 get the same amount of riders, and then when they both leave together, the Limiteds literally dragging and the locals is like passing and eventually gets way ahead of the local.

Archived