Do you hate when..

SomeGuy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE :angry:.....

A - The Guy with 5 Metrocards dipping each one til he find the magic one that turns the fare box light green. This pisses me off the most!

B - B/O bitching about farebeaters through the back doors when they leave them hanging open until theyre ready to pull off.....Shut the F'ing door and no one can enter.

C - The Smelly Bums...Yes it main problem on the Sub, but it happens on the buses too.

D - The Ignoramus Assh*le that must talk the entire trip LOUDLY into his/her Cell Phone or have it Ring Loud as hell on an Express Bus that is otherwise quiet as mouse with the lights turned out.

First off, you do realize that even if you cut the line that you'll still have to wait for them to get on, right?

Secondly, I highly doubt that you shove people out of your way. And if you do, that's just being a complete dick and I'm pretty sure that can constitute as assault. Your profile says you're 23 years old, and you sound like you're some small pathetic dude and I'd beat the crap out of you if you shoved me to cut me in line for the bus. But the way you talk sounds like you're 12 years old and making stuff up to sound like you're cool, when you're really just sounding like a complete a**hole.

Lastly, even if you do cut the line and shove people out of your way, why do you feel the need to share that on a forum where you know everyone doesn't like you already?

Dude I could care less about what you think.

A - The Guy with 5 Metrocards dipping each one til he find the magic one that turns the fare box light green. This pisses me off the most!

B - B/O bitching about farebeaters through the back doors when they leave them hanging open until theyre ready to pull off.....Shut the F'ing door and no one can enter.

C - The Smelly Bums...Yes it main problem on the Sub, but it happens on the buses too.

D - The Ignoramus Assh*le that must talk the entire trip LOUDLY into his/her Cell Phone or have it Ring Loud as hell on an Express Bus that is otherwise quiet as mouse with the lights turned out.

Those fools need the boot .

For the first one, well it sucks, but it's because there are no MC readers other than at the subway stations. I still would hope they were to install MVM at some of the major bus terminals or junctions where there are no subway stations close by. Would help to cut down on the 'guessing' or asking for spare change.

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

Yes, if I have to go somewhere very important like school.. I get some customers who wanted to pay with coins that took a long time to get to the exact fare.

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

That kind of feels uncomfortable sometimes, and yes I hate it depending how the bus operator jerks the brakes.

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

No, unless if that person is annoying.

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

Yes, and that happened to me on the B82. There are six annoying and loud people who are sitting right next and around me, so I decided to move to the front. After I did that, they asked me why did I leave my seat. I just kept ignoring them.

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

If a passenger boards in the bus, inserted their metrocard and farebox says something like, "Too Slow", "Invalid Card" and the B/O lets them in, I don't seem to mind, but when it comes from farebeating from the back door, then yes I hate it. This shows that they are "too cheap" to buy a metrocard.

Sorry for my long questions I just needed to hear some other opinions on this.

It's okay.. It happens to mostly people who take the bus here in NYC.

Replies in Red.

Yeah, that's me... I usually have a bunch of cards in my wallet, most times I get the right one out but countless times I've had to go card by card to get the right one. Hey, it's still paying, and I never do that if I'm in front of anyone in line.

Another things is when two busses pass together, the nerve when you take the emptiest bus (because by most logic it would be a little speedy), and then make every damn stop while they full bus is like eventually out of sight.

Or worse, you were waiting for a certian bus on the line which never showed up, you take the next bus which is crowded and late then 3 blocks later all of a sudden you see that bus passing by in the same direction and its empty... happened to me today -_-.

LOL... Speaking of people sitting next to you on an empty bus, I haven't had that happen in a while. It happened to me on the (R) train years ago. I got on at 86th street in Bay Ridge and this chick comes and sits almost right next to me and I'm looking around like WTF is with this chick? All of this empty space and she comes over here? I just got up and moved. She looked offended that I moved but I didn't give a crap. Some folks have an angle so you have to be careful and I go off of the vibe people give off.

Maybe she was interested...? Pretty sure you knew that...

Do you hate when you're on a bus and some person is taking a LONG time just to get on the bus?

Also do you hate when the bus is finally done boarding people and AS SOON as he pulls out...BAM he stops at a red light?

Do you hate when you're riding on a EMPTY bus and a person comes on and has the nerve to sit next to YOU?

Do you hate when kids get on the bus and make a WHOLE bunch of ruckus for no apparent reasons?

Last question.

Do you hate farebeaters, do you think they most of them have a valid reason for not having a metro card since I usually hear the same old excuse ''I don't have a metrocard''.

Sorry for my long questions I just needed to hear some other opinions on this.

1.) I hate that a lot. A lot of elderly/disabled people get on the SE Queens buses (although I always see access-a-ride around).. They take forever

2.) happens all the time on the Q85.. smh

3.) Has never happened to me before, but I'd imagine how uncomfortable that would be..

4.) I hang out a lot and do extracurriculars after school and on weekends/vacations, so I never see any annoying ghetto kids on the bus.... But that would make me uncomfortable

5.) In SE Queens, it is hard to get metrocards as there are no subway stations out here and there aren't many check cashing places either... But most people here either have 4.50$ cards or unlimiteds or just pay with coins.. so no there is NO excuse for farebeating in that case.

Never rode an NYC buses but a lot of what you describe is also experienced where I live; a small town near Toronto.

Yes.

Also yes. A similar scenario happened to me once when, near an intersection, some guy pulled the cord at the last minute and the driver threw on the brakes to stop in time. He asked the guy if he wanted the current stop, or the next stop. If you guessed he wanted the next stop, give yourself a pat on the back. :rolleyes:

If I was the driver, I would've assumed he wanted the next stop, whether he liked it or not.

Yes. It's even worse when the person picks a seat elsewhere, then gets up and sits right next to you. This once happened on a bus with people from my school on it; it's never busy enough to warrant some guy sitting right next to me when there's 10+ seats.

Usually I try to get a single seat but the the type of bus with such an arrangement does not get sent out on my home route much these days. Good riddance, though; they are absolutely horrible, and they're only 2008 models!

One of my biggest transit peeves.

Never seen a farebeater, but I have seen some guy sneak on through the backdoor. It might have been a mechanical malfunction, as every time the bus stopped it would open, even if no one wanted off.

Responses in red.

Now, I also really hate farside stops. The driver has to slam on the brakes, wait for the light, then drive across the intersection and slam on the brakes again. Time well wasted! In Toronto, all of our streetcar right-of-ways use this stupid arrangement.

lol, at what part? The buses being lf or how 'insensitive' it was worded?

The insensitivity in the post.

They have Access-A-Ride. I think, since they are taking up 3 times the amount of space, they should pay 3 times the fare. It's only fair, right?

No. Many of them didn't choose to be in thier situation. Would you pay 3 times the fare? Didn't think so.

ADA passengers are always the reason why buses are....you know...

I have no beef with wheelchair passengers who take their time getting on the bus (except if it's a lift equipped high floor and they're only going for 2-3 stops).

I do, however, object to able bodied individuals who take their time getting on the bus. There was a post on another forum I'm on by a bus driver where two individuals were eating ice cream at a stop. The bus stopped, they got on board, finished eating their ice cream and then started rummaging around for their fare.

Another time, two people were getting off the bus. They waited until the bus came to a complete stop, got up, looked around, and slowly waddled towards the front door.

Why?

I have no beef with wheelchair passengers who take their time getting on the bus (except if it's a lift equipped high floor and they're only going for 2-3 stops).

I do, however, object to able bodied individuals who take their time getting on the bus. There was a post on another forum I'm on by a bus driver where two individuals were eating ice cream at a stop. The bus stopped, they got on board, finished eating their ice cream and then started rummaging around for their fare.

Another time, two people were getting off the bus. They waited until the bus came to a complete stop, got up, looked around, and slowly waddled towards the front door.

Why?

Because some people are complete a$$holes and don't give a damn about efficency or the city. Plus, they think that they are the only people on the bus and the bus operator has all the time in the world.

I think access a ride is the same fare as a bus, it just costs more to operate because it carries a limited amount of people.

It's the same as the regular local bus fare, but just keep in mind that they don't get the 1/2 fare discount like they would on a regular bus (though of course, the fact that they get to ride for $2.25 instead of a higher fare is itself a discount)

Archived