As we all know, starting today, the S79 will not look like this anymore

IMG_0079-4.jpg

IMG_0015-5.jpg

IMG_0037-1-1.jpg

IMG_0024-5.jpg

IMG_0079-4.jpg

IMG_0100-1-1.jpg

My final ride on the S79.

And now the other buses, which will remain the same.

IMG_0068-3.jpg

IMG_0033-6.jpg

IMG_0041-3-1.jpg

IMG_0045-2.jpg

IMG_0051-1-1.jpg

IMG_0057-2.jpg

IMG_0062-5.jpg

And finally some videos to top all this off:

That's all from Staten Island... thanks for looking!

Nice! What's that S44 doing over there? That looks like it's at the back of the mall, by Marsh Avenue, and he's going southbound so I don't think it's a tripper or anything. Weird......

BTW, I checked out a couple of your videos. Nice to see busfanners going to places other than the SI Mall & St. George. The only one I can think of offhand who does that frequently is Cait Sith. (Well, I guess you could count me. LOL.)

Thanks everyone :)

On that day I was with Astoria Line, dmouse, tvega, LRG and QSC TMC 295 on the forums .. I barely ever fan alone now lol

I don't know about the 44, didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary since I thought they all took the same way into the S I Mall

As for the S89 I'd love it to have 7 day service.. we need more routes into Jersey

Does anyone think the S89 should get SBS and 7 day service?

That line is the last line that should be getting SBS. Ridership isn't that strong, and the route is pretty fast already.

On that day I was with Astoria Line, dmouse, tvega, LRG and QSC TMC 295 on the forums .. I barely ever fan alone now lol

I don't know about the 44, didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary since I thought they all took the same way into the S I Mall

As for the S89 I'd love it to have 7 day service.. we need more routes into Jersey

Yeah, and that 3rd S79 pic from the top looks out of place too. I wonder if something was happening at the "front" of the mall that required the buses to be detoured.

I was thinking of planning a couple of busfan trips later this month (one would be for the North Shore. The other would involve the S79 & S89). When we figure out our schedules for school and after-school stuff, we can start planning it out.

For the S89, the sad thing is ridership really isn't that high. I think there should be some kind of off-peak shuttle between Forest Avenue and the HBLR, but the problem with that is that it makes it less attractive for commuters who park at the ETC (since they have to transfer to the S59).

As for the case with the S89, yes running an off-peak shuttle would not be too attractive since it would require the extra transfer. Then again if you run it down to the Transit Center you might as well run it all the way to Hylan Blvd lol

Archived