Select Bus Service S79 at Bay Ridge on September 2, 2012

MattTrain

Its also great to see an Orion VII NG so colorful like this! Good pics!

Thanks a lot, this is the best SBS scheme I've seen so far

These NGs look better than the MJQ batch. Nice pics

, better than M34s buses, the doors are covered too!

Pretty good shots! Looks better clean, until its all tagged up with ads.

Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if ads did cover this thing up later today or tomorrow or within the upcoming days!

Beautiful! i was on 4247 today on S79 and i tell you this i got from 92st Ft Ham PKwy to Entingville TC in 25mins! at 8:30 in morning! superr fast ride!

That's fast! Wait a minute how does it take 25 minutes, oh right that's early in the morning. It took me like 45 minutes to travel the same distance for me and that was like 10 in the morning.

That's fast! Wait a minute how does it take 25 minutes, oh right that's early in the morning. It took me like 45 minutes to travel the same distance for me and that was like 10 in the morning.

im talking about the s79 SBS that took 25mins...a regular s79 before would take about 45-50mins

Beautiful! i was on 4247 today on S79 and i tell you this i got from 92st Ft Ham PKwy to Entingville TC in 25mins! at 8:30 in morning! superr fast ride!

The schedule allots 52min on a Sunday morning for the entire route. Rush hours it allows 10 more minutes.

It seems as if Google Transit doesn't have the SI buses listed. I typed in 92nd & Fort Hamilton to the ETC, and it said to take the (R) to the ferry and then take the SIR (when obviously the best route is the S79). I typed in an intra-SI trip and the same thing happened.

Google Transit in NYC has a multi-week lag. The new file was posted last week, the old file has no service past yesterday.

The mra shouldve wrapped these http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hrLkVz3_xGw/hqdefault.jpg buses instead because its the mini non-atriculated version of the M15. Trade some orions for novabuses with yukon & castleton. Itll look like the M15 and Bx12 have reproduced.

I was at the mall yesterday wacthing 3 SBS buses leave B4 i saw a 59 bus to Port richmond. I was hoping the schedule was less accurate and will have more FQNT service but nooooooo

• 1 month later...

That's because those are newer NGs... The MJQ batch were some of the first NG's that came out and Castleton had them, hence why don't look as good. :lol:

The bus type has nothing to do with it, the bus has a newer wrap. Brighter in the front and an actual wrap on the doors and that alone makes the wrap waaaay better than the M34SBS wrap.

The bus type has nothing to do with it, the bus has a newer wrap. Brighter in the front and an actual wrap on the doors and that alone makes the wrap waaaay better than the M34SBS wrap.

I was talking about the beating those first NGs took. They're older and got pretty beat up on Staten Island, so yeah these NGs look a bit better. The wrapping and all of that could help these to look better too, but still.

It seems as if Google Transit doesn't have the SI buses listed. I typed in 92nd & Fort Hamilton to the ETC, and it said to take the (R) to the ferry and then take the SIR (when obviously the best route is the S79). I typed in an intra-SI trip and the same thing happened.

Google Transit does have SI buses listed. I use it all the time, but you must have your GPS on and you have to be specific when typing in the information.

Google Transit does have SI buses listed. I use it all the time, but you must have your GPS on and you have to be specific when typing in the information.

Yeah, now it works, but when I made that post a month and a half ago, it wasn't working. Amtrak said that it just takes a couple of days for them to upload the schedules sometimes.

Archived