Do you get pissed off when driver misses your stop?

alekr

You pulled/pressed the yellow cord/tape earlier and the driver bypass your stop? It happened to me on the Q66 and Q28. I pulled the cord earlier a block away from my stop and the driver bypassed my stop. I tried to yell "DRIVER STOP! STOP! THIS IS MY STOP!" just bypassed the stop.

You try to get out of a crowded bus and the driver assumes that the people who wanted to get off the stop all got off but you kept trying squeeze out of the bus and the driver slams the door and moves. It happened again on the Q66. I was sitting all the way the back of the bus. I kept trying to squeeze out but the driver was not patient. I was fuming mad got off the next stop and went to the driver door said "THANKS A LOT!" and found a cola cup from the ground picked it up and threw on the ground in anger.

You pulled/pressed the yellow cord/tape earlier and the driver bypass your stop? It happened to me on the Q66 and Q28. I pulled the cord earlier a block away from my stop and the driver bypassed my stop. I tried to yell "DRIVER STOP! STOP! THIS IS MY STOP!" just bypassed the stop.

Dosen't happen to me much, considering the maximum distance away I request from is about 500 feet. If they don't stop, I tell them I will open the door myself. That gets the brakes going. What seems to happen often is someone rings the bell when we barely pass a stop or right after we pull away and or get a red light, so it is not fresh in the operators mind. Another peeve is when someone rings the bell mid passing and they actually wanted the next stop. <_<

What I love though is when the B/O does an accidental bypass and the passenger just waits until the next stop, and then they bitch. I'm like say something, he/she will stop, but no, you want to suffer fine. Considering I'm in Cali now, I was in the boonies along a highway and a man with his son rang the bell late, the next stop was a mile away and yet he said nothing. I use to speak out for others, but on occasion they would get all pissed because they were fine walking or wanted the next one, so fine, be on your own.

You try to get out of a crowded bus and the driver assumes that the people who wanted to get off the stop all got off but you kept trying squeeze out of the bus and the driver slams the door and moves. It happened again on the Q66. I was sitting all the way the back of the bus. I kept trying to squeeze out but the driver was not patient. I was fuming mad got off the next stop and went to the driver door said "THANKS A LOT!" and found a cola cup from the ground picked it up and threw on the ground in anger.

In this case I ask him/her to stop, or pull over clearing the intersection, if not, explain to your passengers why you didn't stop when you were at fault, and the functions of an interlock until the next bus arrives 20-70 minutes later.

Im not a bus driver but I can say that happen to me once and its was not the drivers fault. Not thinking I pressed the stop request tape a little late while the bus was hauling ass. I knew he wasnt going to stop and I would have felt bad if he did stop because he would have had to slam on the brakes and everyone would have been flying to the front. I became more aware of the stop before mine and soon as he pulled off I rang the bell. Also on a crowed bus I would position myself the stop before to get off. The same things happens on the Amtrak where people would wait until the last minute to get off and then its to late.

People must think that I am crazy whenever I pull the cord (or touch the tape), I yell out "next stop" so that the driver can hear me. In addition, I start moving toward the door before I ring for the stop and I at the door when I reach my stop..

This is what happens when you are so used to seeing "no bell, just yell" signs or hearing it from the bus driver like it was on Staten Island buses many years ago. So today even if there no sign posted, I do it anyway as now it has become a habit,

Yes this pisses me off....people ring the bell right ontop of the stop....than say why did you not stop?? or wasn't that a stop?? R U people for real?? Like I am driving a car or something and stop in 10 feet.....how about everybody goes flying so you can get off at the stop u wanted and rang the bell late for?? NEXT STOP......

Yes this pisses me off....people ring the bell right ontop of the stop....than say why did you not stop?? or wasn't that a stop?? R U people for real?? Like I am driving a car or something and stop in 10 feet.....how about everybody goes flying so you can get off at the stop u wanted and rang the bell late for?? NEXT STOP......

Good thing I don't take buses. I just walk to my favorite destination, even if it's tiring.

Do not request a stop at last minute, B/O's don't do that to me.

That doesn't happen too often. The only time I recall it happening recently was when I was on an S44 that was crowded and late. The B/O knew he would stop at the next stop (which was Forest Avenue), so while I was annoyed, I understood that the B/O didn't want to fall behind schedule. (I rang well in advance, so I know it wasn't me). I figured if I had caught the S89, I would've walked back anyway, so I just shrugged it off.

This. I can't stand this. People who aren't paying attention and ring the bell dumb late

1) I get frustrated, but not pissed.... sometimes w/ all the boisterousness on the bus, the driver doesn't hear the chime....

It's not that much of a problem for me to walk back 2 or 3 blocks.....

2) Seldom happens to me because I don't get up out my seat at the last second.....

If I'm in a situation where I'm trying to maneuver around ppl, I nudge as many ppl as I have to, to get as close to the doors that I can....

Yes, it happened to me on both M5 when I was planning to get off at 59th St/Broadway, but he didn't let me off until 5th Av/58th St.

It also happened to be on n20 when I was trying to get off at Buttonwood Av, even I press tape/stop, Veolia B/O did not stop.

Another thing that makes angry during Q21 LTD.

I was at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, and this bus stop was flag stop, so I flag for Q21 LTD Arvene, however Far Rockaway Depot did not stop for me, even I flag for B/O to stop because there was Q53 right behind. It happened twice. Even when Q21 LTD wasn't existed.

Because of that driver, I was force to take Q53 to Q22 to catch n31/n32 bus.

Ether these idiots miss the stop because they are focusing on something else, or don't have a good enough memory to know where they at...

Good thing I don't take buses. I just walk to my favorite destination, even if it's tiring.

I don't blame you, walking is a better alternative. If I don't see the bus, or traffic piled, I'll just walk, regardless of how many feet and miles I gotta go. Good exercise and you might just beat the bus ;)... [Traffic or late]

I always ring in advance but occasionally the driver is out to lunch and misses my stop. The last time it happened to me was an M3. I requested the stop well in advance and the B/O is just driving and I'm thinking what is up with this guy? I went to the front and told him I had requested the stop and where was he going to let me off, so he said some lady in front distracted him, so I'm thinking fine, so now you know I want to get off, so let me off! He was still close enough to the stop to stop and let me off... Eventually as the blocks keep passing I ask him so when are you going to let me off?!!?!? He almost bypassed the next stop complaining about how we passengers make such a big stink. I just looked at him and turned away with a look of disgust like I can see why they get so annoyed with you... It was a big deal to me because I had heavy Whole Foods bags so I was quite annoyed at having to schlepp even further...

What annoys me more though is being bypassed while waiting at a stop. I'll give you one pass, but bypass me again and I'm reporting you and then some if it continues. I take that very seriously because usually I'm waiting for an express bus and often times I like to get the last bus of the night, having a bus bypass me becomes a HUGE PITA. Sometimes it is an "accident" and sometimes it isn't. I know the game very well and you do have some spiteful B/Os out here.

I always ring in advance but occasionally the driver is out to lunch and misses my stop. The last time it happened to me was an M3. I requested the stop well in advance and the B/O is just driving and I'm thinking what is up with this guy? I went to the front and told him I had requested the stop and where was he going to let me off, so he said some lady in front distracted him, so I'm thinking fine, so now you know I want to get off, so let me off! He was still close enough to the stop to stop and let me off... Eventually as the blocks keep passing I ask him so when are you going to let me off?!!?!? He almost bypassed the next stop complaining about how we passengers make such a big stink. I just looked at him and turned away with a look of disgust like I can see why they get so annoyed with you... It was a big deal to me because I had heavy Whole Foods bags so I was quite annoyed at having to schlepp even further...

What annoys me more though is being bypassed while waiting at a stop. I'll give you one pass, but bypass me again and I'm reporting you and then some if it continues. I take that very seriously because usually I'm waiting for an express bus and often times I like to get the last bus of the night, having a bus bypass me becomes a HUGE PITA.

Well, while it is a b9tch dealing with buses bypassing, but ether they are bypassing because the bus is full or the driver is late. If too many buses bypass, may as well find an alternative. Of course, there are times I've seen two or even more buses coming in, one light and the other full as hell, and the light one can't even bother to stop, while the full comes in. I hate when this happens.

Besides this there are drivers who are slow themselves (aside from slow passengers, crowd & traffic condition), which leads to bunching, and I hate that......... Every bus in each single route is suppose to be apart from each other, not all together, this also why we get crowded buses..

I was once on (J) Shuttle Bus, some one ring for one of closed (J) stations, however B/O refused to stop.

Yeah, I've had that happen too.... that's one of the few reasons I abhor subway shuttles.....

I think that's more due to the b/o's not knowing the stops, off-top (as well as say, on the routes they normally drive along).....

Do you guys remember when it was Shuttle Bus chaos back in days, when MTA Bus and LIB was assisiting NYC Buses with several G.O. in Queens and Brooklyn.

I remember I caught my LIB friend on (G) Shuttle Bus and he spotted MTA Bus B/O going off route on (G) Shuttle Bus routing in Greenpoint.

Well, while it is a b9tch dealing with buses bypassing, but ether they are bypassing because the bus is full or the driver is late. If too many buses bypass, may as well find an alternative. Of course, there are times I've seen two or even more buses coming in, one light and the other full as hell, and the light one can't even bother to stop, while the full comes in. I hate when this happens.

Well, if nobody's getting off, then the B/O probably figures that he might as well help out the people further down the line. Of course, it sucks if the packed bus is so crowded you can't even get on.

Archived