Do you get pissed off when driver misses your stop?

alekr

Yeah indeed. When my destination is not served by the subway I just take taxis.

Some people do not have money for taxis, I'm usually on popular bus lines, where the B/O stops at practically every stop. I ring the bell right when the door closes from the previous stop.

Some people do not have money for taxis, I'm usually on popular bus lines, where the B/O stops at practically every stop. I ring the bell right when the door closes from the previous stop.

I used to hit the Stop Request button after door closes at the previous stop and the B/O thought that I was going to exit at that stop. I'm just glad that the B/O did not yell at me for making that mistake. Happened on the B61 at 9th St and 3rd Av.

Yeah, I've had that happen too.... that's one of the few reasons I abhor subway shuttles.....

I think that's more due to the b/o's not knowing the stops, off-top (as well as say, on the routes they normally drive along).....

Talking about shuttle buses/night services, I think the MTA needs to set a reminder to some operators, that between 10P-5A, you are allowed to request a personal stop IF its safe.

I remember twice before it didn't work out, one driver told me he doesn't do it, and another driver denied because of green lights ahead, which is bs, because he let off a previous passenger off, with green lights at non-Bus Stop. The area is safe as well. Is it an option for drivers to let you off between those hours? (Not related to the area being safe or not).

Plus the MTA needs to let customers know, that during Shuttle Buses, you can't get off at any block, as normal route would do. I know this has happen before with some folks, which lead to arguments with the B/O.

Talking about shuttle buses/night services, I think the MTA needs to set a reminder to some operators, that between 10P-5A, you are allowed to request a personal stop IF its safe.

I remember twice before it didn't work out, one driver told me he doesn't do it, and another driver denied because of green lights ahead, which is bs, because he let off a previous passenger off, with green lights at non-Bus Stop. The area is safe as well. Is it an option for drivers to let you off between those hours? (Not related to the area being safe or not).

Plus the MTA needs to let customers know, that during Shuttle Buses, you can't get off at any block, as normal route would do. I know this has happen before with some folks, which lead to arguments with the B/O.

The request a stop rule doesn't apply to limited buses, SBS routes, and subway shuttles.

Although such an event happened very rarely with me I definitely get ticked off whenever a bus skips my stop. It's like they're playing Deaf or some ****. I acually saw this happen with other passegers a few times before. For example I believe it's attributed to the fact that the B/O drives too fast when aproaching the requested stop & think "F*** it, I'm going to drop the off at the stop after" so that they wouldn't have to slam on the brakes (no I'm not talking about when the Bus is approaching the block where the requested stop is located at, but like two blocks far.) Either way there's no real excuse for it especially when one (Most Specifically an elder or one that has to carry bag of some items) has to walk more blocks then they have to.

Another incident it happened to me when I was going to meet my Anti-Nuke friends at Times Sq.

I was at 59th St/Broadway waiting for any 7th Av bus.

At same time, because of Carriage Drivers slowly passing bus stop, two drivers M104 and M7 refused to stop even thought I flag for them to stop but because carriage driver were blocking view of me waiting for bus stop. When M20 stop, I was glad he stopped.

I always ring in advance but occasionally the driver is out to lunch and misses my stop. The last time it happened to me was an M3. I requested the stop well in advance and the B/O is just driving and I'm thinking what is up with this guy? I went to the front and told him I had requested the stop and where was he going to let me off, so he said some lady in front distracted him, so I'm thinking fine, so now you know I want to get off, so let me off! He was still close enough to the stop to stop and let me off... Eventually as the blocks keep passing I ask him so when are you going to let me off?!!?!? He almost bypassed the next stop complaining about how we passengers make such a big stink. I just looked at him and turned away with a look of disgust like I can see why they get so annoyed with you... It was a big deal to me because I had heavy Whole Foods bags so I was quite annoyed at having to schlepp even further...

What annoys me more though is being bypassed while waiting at a stop. I'll give you one pass, but bypass me again and I'm reporting you and then some if it continues. I take that very seriously because usually I'm waiting for an express bus and often times I like to get the last bus of the night, having a bus bypass me becomes a HUGE PITA. Sometimes it is an "accident" and sometimes it isn't. I know the game very well and you do have some spiteful B/Os out here.

Yes we are all Human and nobody is perfect....If I miss a stop because someone rang the bell two blocks away...I will say my bad....it will happen sometimes in a very busy area.....I am focused on the traffic and the people....so shoot me.....

What are those people going to do when the day comes when the buses are automatic.....like the air train?? cause you know the MTA is trying to figure out a way to do away with the B/O......I guess they will trash the bus and say it was the buses fault for not stopping!!

Yes we are all Human and nobody is perfect....If I miss a stop because someone rang the bell two blocks away...I will say my bad....it will happen sometimes in a very busy area.....I am focused on the traffic and the people....so shoot me.....

What are those people going to do when the day comes when the buses are automatic.....like the air train?? cause you know the MTA is trying to figure out a way to do away with the B/O......I guess they will trash the bus and say it was the buses fault for not stopping!!

LOL...

Most drivers probably don't even acknowledge that they made a mistake. If a driver skipped my stop I would be extremely pissed off, but a simple "sorry" or something along those lines would make it better, but I'd still tell him to stop the bus and let me out.

I remember once many year ago when I was a kid, I was on the M15 limited we were going uptown on 1st Avenue probably about 15mph or so in a little traffic, the stop request was lit up, but there was already a bus at the 67th Street stop so the driver decided to just skip it and keep going in the middle lane. Half way through the block these two guys yelled out "STOP" and the driver stopped right before the intersection at 68th Street, waited a few seconds for the light to turn red, and then let them off through the front door from the middle lane.

Archived