E train via 63rd street GO idea

alekr

I was thinking of the idea of having this pattern whenver the E is rerouted on the 63rd street corridor on the weekends:

-Days via 63rd street normal GO 21st-Queensbridge to West 4th

-Late Night via 59th street/Broadway line to Whitehall.

What you think of this idea seem confusing?

Hey, stop trying to be Mr. Wise Guy, Threxx. It actually seems like a reasonable idea even if it's not that good.

(E) via Whitehall? There is no need for it, and it is just plain dumb. What the hell is wrong with what we currently do?

I was thinking of the idea of having this pattern whenver the E is rerouted on the 63rd street corridor on the weekends:

-Days via 63rd street normal GO 21st-Queensbridge to West 4th

-Late Night via 59th street/Broadway line to Whitehall.

What you think of this idea seem confusing?

Why via Broadway late nights? What's wrong with how the MTA does it? The purpose of reroutes is taking it off the regular route as least as possible, and getting it back to the normal route (If possible). And YES, it would confuse riders. Rather send it to Herald Square via 6 Ave, like they did some time ago (dunno when) than Whitehall Street.

Is the (6) really that important? There's no reason to send the (E) down Broadway. Foamers fantasy right there...

Foamer's fantasy? This sounds a little hypocritical, since you're the one who suggested creating the (K) and sending the (3) to the Bronx...I'm not calling you a foamer, nor do I think you are one; I'm just saying that you've come up with plenty of ideas that could be considered pretty similar to this one...Whether alekr's idea is good or not is missing the point; it could be a terrible idea but there's still no foaming going on here. He just enjoys coming up with proposals to improve the system, which you do just about as much as anyone on the forums...I just don't want to hear Mr. Proposal Man (you) trying to make yourself feel smarter by accusing other people's proposals of being foamer fantasies...

There's an easy transfer to the (6) at Lexington/59 St, and not 63 St. It was R32 3838's idea, actually. I thought about it, and I'm realizing that it's not too bad.

I also used it once in the What If thread. (By the way, Threxx came out and called me a foamer.)

All the station stops below 34 Street on the Broadway line are further from the 8 Avenue line stations than the 6 Avenue line stations are. The stations don't get closer together until Canal Street or City Hall. 6 Avenue is a 2-avenue distance away from 8 Avenue constantly and only for 5 station stops. The 60 Street corridor isn't much closer to the 53 Street corridor than the 63 Street corridor either.

This is what they used to do ALL the time, and even after the 63rd St. connection opened, they continued to do it, just as suggested, nights only, so that QP could still have (E) access. (Because weekend days had the (R)). But now, they've gotten away from taking lines off their trunk routes. Not even sure what they do for QP now.

What I think they should do, it just run a shortened (R) service, Continental-Whitehall.

Archived