What's foaming?

NYCRailfan523

I don't know this term you call foaming here in the forums? What is it? I would really like to know.

I think people explained it pretty well in the chat yesterday. Foaming means getting too excited over something (usually trains), as if you were "foaming at the mouth" over it. Most foaming results when people see particularly special or rare types of trains. Here's an example:

:lol: this guy is foaming like crazy. This is pretty unusual for someone to go this far...

It's also considered foaming when someone comes up with a ridiculous subway (or bus) proposal specifically with the intent of making the system more fun and exciting for railfans (foam-worthy :lol:), e.g. creating new subway route letters for no reason, or adding express service to a line just because it's fun to ride fast express trains...

It's important to remember, though, that the term "foaming" is often misused. People sometimes accuse others of foaming just because they came up with a dumb proposal, even though there was no "foaming at the mouth" going on.

I think people explained it pretty well in the chat yesterday. Foaming means getting too excited over something (usually trains), as if you were "foaming at the mouth" over it. Most foaming results when people see particularly special or rare types of trains. Here's an example:

:lol: this guy is foaming like crazy. This is pretty unusual for someone to go this far...

This is hilarious! :lol:

Archived