Brighton Today

jacsnyy

The Brighton Line was such an annoyance today. Transferring from a downtown (R) to the (Q) at Dekalb, the switch problems resulted in the (Q) running as a Super Express down Sea Beach. (which was pretty cool, and cause I had nowhere to be, I appreciated it). It stopped Pacific, 36th, 59th, Coney Island. Going back up Brighton on the (:rolleyes: had problems to. My train was stuck behind a stalled train in the tunnel between Prospect and 7th Ave. I ended up using the shuttle to the (3) to Grand Army Plaza.

That's not fun, but it's fun for railfans. Two years ago, the (N) ran on the (Q) between Kings Highway and Stillwell Avenue due to track work.

Awesome G.O.!

One of My all-time Favorite Brighton G.O.'s took place in June of 2002:

(Q) Trains run on the (N) & (W).

No (W) Trains Running

Part 1 :

Shuttle (Q) Trains run between Prospect Park and Coney Island only.

Shuttle Buses replace (Q) Trains between Atlantic Av & Prospect Park

Part 2:

Manhattan Bound (Q) Trains run on the (N) between Coney Island ( (W) Platform) & Pacific St, to Times Square Only. Sea Beach Express / 4 Av - Bypass Express / Broadway Express

Part 3:

Brooklyn Bound (Q) Trains run normal between Times Square and Canal St, then on the (W) between Pacific & Coney Island.

Broadway Express / Manhattan Bridge / Bypass- 4 Av Express / West End Local.

R40 Slants ran on the West End / Sea Beach (Q) route, along woth 68/68A's.

Zachary

Awesome G.O.!

One of My all-time Favorite Brighton G.O.'s took place in June of 2002:

(Q) Trains run on the (N) & (W).

No (W) Trains Running

Part 1 :

Shuttle (Q) Trains run between Prospect Park and Coney Island only.

Shuttle Buses replace (Q) Trains between Atlantic Av & Prospect Park

Part 2:

Manhattan Bound (Q) Trains run on the (N) between Coney Island ( (W) Platform) & Pacific St, to Times Square Only. Sea Beach Express / 4 Av - Bypass Express / Broadway Express

Part 3:

Brooklyn Bound (Q) Trains run normal between Times Square and Canal St, then on the (W) between Pacific & Coney Island.

Broadway Express / Manhattan Bridge / Bypass- 4 Av Express / West End Local.

R40 Slants ran on the West End / Sea Beach (Q) route, along woth 68/68A's.

Zachary

is the (Q) having consturction on local lines like 93/94? because subchatters a few weeks ago said that there will be construction starting 10/1 and all trains run on express tracks which the local tracks will be converted into temproray platforms. and they also said that they are gonna make a switch south of churhc or north of newkirk. is all of this true?

is the (Q) having consturction on local lines like 93/94? because subchatters a few weeks ago said that there will be construction starting 10/1 and all trains run on express tracks which the local tracks will be converted into temproray platforms. and they also said that they are gonna make a switch south of churhc or north of newkirk. is all of this true?

Finally, the Brighton Line Station rehab project begins! I hope it does happen.

I dont know for sure, but like I stated, I hope it does..

yeah they said the project is from prospect park to kings hwy and both sides even though they are only gonna do between newkirk and parkside. it would be better for me to go to 6th avenue then. but then the trains might be stuck.

Archived