R42 A Train

Good photo. Especially in Black And White

Thanks.

now that's hot man.

Haha! I Know!

Nice....everytime I go over the Belt I see a R-44 most of the time and some R-32's or R-38's

I hear ya dude, As we were approaching, I was hoping to see a 42, and Wah-la ! :cool:

Nice!

Thanks!

Damn, awesome shot!

Thanks P!

The (A) is becoming my favorite train route, would be if they got rid of the 44s or transferred them (rather see them on the (D)).

Very nice shot!

Never on the (D) . Thanks

:eek:Ewww hell no (MTA) will not play themselves by putting R-44's on the (D)

Good! They better not.

That shot is bangin'. What's an R42 doing on the (A)?? And what the difference between the R42, 44, and 46???

Thanks Man.. R42s havent been on the (A) since the probably the 80s. Their transfers from the (J)(M)(Z) Lines.

R42:

DSCN1231.jpg

R44:

DSCN1217.jpg

R46:

DSCN1655.jpg

Zachary

The real question is how do you tell a R40M from a R42? :eek:

The R40M have smaller side folds, along with a depression running parallel to the length of the car. R42s have no depression and their folds are bigger, more like the R32.

Also, R40s have GE Propulsion while R42 have WH propulsion.

really they are transfers from eny yard and right now in NYC people think there might be R40 slant and R40m on the (A) since the R32 are retiring.

I doubt it. I need pictorial evidence to believe that. And the R32 from ENY are going to Jamaica, not retiring. They still have a few years left. The R32 Phase II originally in Jamaica are retiring.

EDIT: OK, I saw pics of mods, but no slants. But to reiterate, the R32s from ENY are moving to Jamaica to replace the R32s there.

I doubt it. I need pictorial evidence to believe that. And the R32 from ENY are going to Jamaica, not retiring. They still have a few years left. The R32 Phase II originally in Jamaica are retiring.

EDIT: OK, I saw pics of mods, but no slants. But to reiterate, the R32s from ENY are moving to Jamaica to replace the R32s there.

ENY doesn't have any R32's they have R42's

Archived