Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Far Rock Depot

Test fleets have on-board wifi!

So right now as I type, I'm at the St. George terminal. I go on my tablet and check to see if I can snag some wifi. As it searches, the following comes up:

IMG_00000471.jpg

I look up and behold:

IMG_00000472.jpg

4881 with 7062 behind it:

IMG_00000473.jpg

Now as you can see from the locks on the first pic of my tablets screen, they are password protected. But it's a cool feature and hopefully in the future, included with the bus fare if they ever decided to make it for public use.

• Upvote 2

That seems like it may have something to do with BusTime as well, maybe on the same network per bus?

As far as i know, the wifi is for the on-board cameras, so once it's at the depot, someone there extracts the video from the cameras to review. Correct me if i'm wrong.

This is old news, I think someone before mentioned it had something to do with the Security Cameras. Remember there is a System unit behind the drivers seat on certain fleets.

Edit: Besides even if there is a Wifi Connection, that doesn't mean Internet service is available. You can have WIFI set up, even without Internet.

Edited by mark1447
  • Upvote 1

Old news. Our NGs at Flatbush have em.

I even had a passenger ask me the password, and I'm like "the fucck are you talking about?!" lol

Bus op showed me that when he drove me on the Bx21, we got to Westchester Square and showed me on his phone, every bus nearby with cameras was on it had this, this was 2 months ago.