Introducing The Designline ECOCoach Commuter CNG Cruiser

Cait Sith

Note : This is NOT the exact one New Jersey Transit is getting....so don't get your panties all tied up in a knot if you don't like this...lets keep this clean.

It looks much better than I thought....I actually like it, something really different than the stuff we already have!

ae5cb5.png

DISCUSS!

Well the 139 will be the real test for these buses, and not just from the roads :lol:

If you mean the riders, yeah I got that feeling peeps around here aren't gonna like these. If SI is gonna complain about f**king luxury Prevost coaches, imagine how Manalapan and Freehold are gonna feel about this :D (I can imagine hearing "OH MY GAWD THIS BUS IS GAHBAGE" from the people once they hit the 139). And now that these are 45 footers I guess they'll start using them outside of rush our, they don't seem to use the MCI CNGs too much middays and they're nonexistant on weekends, at least on the 139 and 67.

Whatever happened to the Viking's that New Flyer made? Now that was a nice bus. I'd love to see that at NJT. Not this............

The Vikings were interesting buses, they were so high that they could only fit in Casey Stengel depot, hence why the MTA put them in Eastchester scrap/storage after the X51 was discontinued. I doubt they would've worked at NJT either.

What I'd really like at NJT are Prevosts, especially if they can be CNG fueled. And before anyone bitches to me that NJT isn't getting them, I just said I'd like it if they got them. Realistically, they should be getting more D4500CTs instead of this crap. CNG powered CTs, now that'd be a truly awesome order!

The Vikings were interesting buses, they were so high that they could only fit in Casey Stengel depot, hence why the MTA put them in Eastchester scrap/storage after the X51 was discontinued. I doubt they would've worked at NJT either.

What I'd really like at NJT are Prevosts, especially if they can be CNG fueled. And before anyone bitches to me that NJT isn't getting them, I just said I'd like it if they got them. Realistically, they should be getting more D4500CTs instead of this crap. CNG powered CTs, now that'd be a truly awesome order!

Even so, the Vikings looked a lot more like a Suburban Coach than this. And I bet NJT could of asked New Flyer to shorten the height so the bus can fit at the Lincoln, Holland, and PABT. I don't even know if Houston METRO still runs them but if they do and they decide on retiring them, I'd try to buy one and test it out. I mean, come on. It even said TRANSIT Coach. So, it'll might look like a Metro D Transit than a Metro D Coach, if you know what I mean. I know I'm thinking outside the lines but I'm sorry. The bus looks wrong for NJT. Even a friggin' A/C unit on top of the bus? Not on a Coach. I don't see Prevosts with those. Tacky.

Even so, the Vikings looked a lot more like a Suburban Coach than this. And I bet NJT could of asked New Flyer to shorten the height so the bus can fit at the Lincoln, Holland, and PABT. I don't even know if Houston METRO still runs them but if they do and they decide on retiring them, I'd try to buy one and test it out. I mean, come on. It even said TRANSIT Coach. So, it'll might look like a Metro D Transit than a Metro D Coach, if you know what I mean. I know I'm thinking outside the lines but I'm sorry. The bus looks wrong for NJT. Even a friggin' A/C unit on top of the bus? Not on a Coach. I don't see Prevosts with those. Tacky.

Yeah, this thing has ugly written all over it, and there's no denying the Vikings looked more like a coach than this. It kinda reminds me of some of the dollar vans, hard to explain the ones I'm talking about but not the Ford cutaways or school buses, they kinda look like SEPTA's Eldorados except with more flush sides. Except this is taller, longer, and has a roof HVAC unit. The front end just really reminds me of those dollar vans, I gotta see if I can dig up a pic of one later.

There is a rumor flying about that Howell has received two units. Again, this is a rumor so don't shit bricks just yet.

Hopefully there is some sort of confirmation.

Let the shitshow begin...

If that's true I'm gonna shit bricks lol. Not only that, I'd be absolutely stunned that they actually got delivered, and I can't wait to see what the people think of these (and how they actually perform). Just asking again-anyone know if we're getting Ecolifes in our order?

Considering I (sadly) live in the area I'll let you know when I see 'em out.

Let the shitshow begin...

If that's true I'm gonna shit bricks lol. Not only that, I'd be absolutely stunned that they actually got delivered, and I can't wait to see what the people think of these (and how they actually perform). Just asking again-anyone know if we're getting Ecolifes in our order?

Considering I (sadly) live in the area I'll let you know when I see 'em out.

I kinda doubt it since the rest of the OTR fleet is Allisons, but we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT : It's being said that the two buses that are currently there are prototypes/demos, it seems like they'll be out on the road in the near future. The mirrors on them will be changed to where they are like the MCI's mirrors in terms of placement.

I kinda doubt it since the rest of the OTR fleet is Allisons, but we'll have to wait and see.

EDIT : It's being said that the two buses that are currently there are prototypes/demos, it seems like they'll be out on the road in the near future. The mirrors on them will be changed to where they are like the MCI's mirrors in terms of placement.

I read in another forum that it is a fact they have two prototypes!

Bus operator from Howell related this info to a passenger.

http://www.subchat.com/buschat/readflat.asp?Id=266473

Well we know how NJT is with their ZFs, I don't think MCI offers ZF besides the Astronic but now that they can get ZF it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

I'm happy that we're getting demos before the rest of the order. To be honest I'm actually interested in seeing/riding them, so I'll be out on Route 9 during rush hour more frequently now...

Archived