Introducing The Designline ECOCoach Commuter CNG Cruiser

Cait Sith

Well we know how NJT is with their ZFs, I don't think MCI offers ZF besides the Astronic but now that they can get ZF it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

I'm happy that we're getting demos before the rest of the order. To be honest I'm actually interested in seeing/riding them, so I'll be out on Route 9 during rush hour more frequently now...

According to this, MCI is all Allison, doesnt have ZF as an option. http://www.mcicoach.com/literatureAssets/specCommuter.pdf

According to this, MCI is all Allison, doesnt have ZF as an option. http://www.mcicoach.com/literatureAssets/specCommuter.pdf

They used to offer the Astronic semiautomatic, and I'm almost positive one or more NJT-owned D4500s have it, I think the ones that do are at a PBL (almost positive Lakeland or DeCamp).

Let the shitshow begin...

If that's true I'm gonna shit bricks lol. Not only that, I'd be absolutely stunned that they actually got delivered, and I can't wait to see what the people think of these (and how they actually perform). Just asking again-anyone know if we're getting Ecolifes in our order?

Considering I (sadly) live in the area I'll let you know when I see 'em out.

They'd put it on the 128 first before the 139. 128 don't care what bus they get as long as they get to where they need to go. 139 will go anal and not get on.

Reading on the other bus chats, Howell will get 70 and are changing the mirrors to MCI style.

They used to offer the Astronic semiautomatic, and I'm almost positive one or more NJT-owned D4500s have it, I think the ones that do are at a PBL (almost positive Lakeland or DeCamp).

We only had one test bus with ZF Astronic and that was 7618 and it has been fitted with allison years ago. No other njt mci had zf astronic.

The bus as depicted in this photo reminds me of a slightly updated middle-aged Chinatown coach bus, with a front that reminds me of the old F3500s (the little Golden Touch minicoaches you see running around Manhattan and parts of downtown Brooklyn). I'd like to see more photos of it from different angles before I judge its appearance one way or the other, but I am pretty curious to see what happens once it goes into service.

• 2 weeks later...

BIG news, I just spotted one of the demonstrators going down Broadway in lower Manhattan. It was completely unmarked with NC plates. At first I thought it wasn't it, but when I saw the CNG sticker on the side I rushed to take a pic with my phone, unfortunately not in time. The bus also looks pretty dirty.

BIG news, I just spotted one of the demonstrators going down Broadway in lower Manhattan. It was completely unmarked with NC plates. At first I thought it wasn't it, but when I saw the CNG sticker on the side I rushed to take a pic with my phone, unfortunately not in time. The bus also looks pretty dirty.

Hmm, I wonder why through Lower Manhattan. I wonder if it was for the Holland Tunnel clearance. And for it to be as dirty as you say, they must've put that bus through hell and high water already, well damn!

• 1 month later...

Archived