Q50 Fall 2012 service improvements

GreatOne2k

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/q050cur.pdf

Q50 now has more consistent 15 minute headways during rush hours in both directions (instead of 20 minutes and a short 15 minute period during AM rush S/B) and N/B weekday evening service runs 30 minutes until 11:15pm from Flushing (doubling service at that time from the previous 60 minute headways). Service to Co Op City runs later on weekdays and now almost matches the old QBx1 running times on weekdays (except there is now more 5-4-3-2-1 service after midnight combined with the Bx23, where as the old QBx1 had more 1-2-3-4-5 service at that time).

From 8:45pm -11:45pm Bx23 and Q50 buses are scheduled to leave Pelham Bay Park at the same time (if one wants to save a few minutes taking the LTD instead of the local, they can try) and both go 1-2-3-4-5, Q50 LTD saves up to 7 minutes over Bx23 from Pelham Bay Park to Section 5.

The last bus from Pelham Bay Park is 1:45am, the Bx28 has some help in Co Op City during this time.

This addresses a problem I've been pointing out since the QBx1 days..... even currently as the Q50....

I'm a little surprised at the (seemingly) increased ridership on the route to flushing/out of flushing; this may have something to do w/ this improvement IMO.... Usually at the Q48/50 shared stop along roosevelt (1st pickup), there's more ppl. waiting for the 48..... Now I'd say it's closer to being even....

This addresses a problem I've been pointing out since the QBx1 days..... even currently as the Q50....

I'm a little surprised at the (seemingly) increased ridership on the route to flushing/out of flushing; this may have something to do w/ this improvement IMO.... Usually at the Q48/50 shared stop along roosevelt (1st pickup), there's more ppl. waiting for the 48..... Now I'd say it's closer to being even....

Q48 pickup has been change to north side of Roosevelt Av.

Q48 pickup has been change to north side of Roosevelt Av.

Don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about......

The Q19, 48, 50, and 66 all make their first pickups along roosevelt (midblock) b/w main & prince..... the Q19/66 stop is a few feet behind the Q48/50 stop.....

Where are you saying the Q48 picks up now exactly ??

Don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about......

The Q19, 48, 50, and 66 all make their first pickups along roosevelt (midblock) b/w main & prince..... the Q19/66 stop is a few feet behind the Q48/50 stop.....

Where are you saying the Q48 picks up now exactly ??

Only the Q19, Q50, Q66 pick up there.

The Q48 drops off there, then makes its turnaround loop and picks up across the street (in the former Q17/Q27 drop-off).

The Q48 picks up people in the same place where the Q50 picks up passengers.

To quote Neil Diamond, "used to be" don't count anymore.

The new procedure (http://mta.info/nyct...ptember2012.htm) is to drop-off only on the south side of Roosevelt (west of Main), then left Main, right 39th, right Union, right Roosevelt, to layover and first pick-up stop on the north side of Roosevelt (west of Main).

I ve noticed the increase as well....I think more people are opting for the Q50 over the Q44 because its almost a guarantee seat vs. the crushloaded Q44...

Also Im seeing at times the Q50 also help supplement the Q25 from Main St down to the Whitestone...almost no one ever got off the QBX1 or Q50 in this stretch it was all Pick Ups....now people in this area are definitely using it to/from the (7)

Another thing i noticed seems the Q50 is timed for Tremont transfers from the BX40/42 going towards the (6) as theres almost always a batch of people waiting...in the QBX1 days is was almost a guarantee the BX5 would show up just a few mins before the QBX1 and take the load leaving about 3 stragglers for the QBX1

Not only does the Q50 service the CO-OP City to Flushing....but its a very good route for supplement service

Q44, Q25, Bx5, and Bx23 it supplements all those crowded services

Archived