Innocent man accidentaly shot and killed by NYPD during armed robbery

realizm

People that are having a PETTY argument over something that has NOTHING to do with the story... chill out, we don't care about your little drama fight...

When will the NYPD learn how to aim their guns???

People that are having a PETTY argument over something that has NOTHING to do with the story... chill out, we don't care about your little drama fight...

Wow. The last post in that argument was 6 posts before his, and yet somebody has to bring this shit up. <_< It's like the times when people bump a thread just to say "Pointless thread". Like WTF, just don't respond and let it disappear on its own.

That's it. The argument is DONE. There's no need for somebody to inject a stupid comment like that.

Wow. The last post in that argument was 6 posts before his, and yet somebody has to bring this shit up. <_< It's like the times when people bump a thread just to say "Pointless thread". Like WTF, just don't respond and let it disappear on its own.

That's it. The argument is DONE. There's no need for somebody to inject a stupid comment like that.

Yeah, because I'm tired of seeing this shit even after you're SUPPOSED to be ignoring each other.

Yeah, because I'm tired of seeing this shit even after you're SUPPOSED to be ignoring each other.

First of all, I'm not "supposed" to be doing anything. He wants me to ignore him, but I'm not going to do that. I will continue to respond to his posts the same way I respond to the posts of other members.

Second of all, let me get this straight: It's already clear that the argument has ended, and idiots are still making stupid comments like that. The argument has ENDED. Now DROP IT before YOU are the one responsible for the thread being closed. I'm tired of idiots making stupid comments. Nobody is going to tell me what to do. Not him, not you, and not any of the other members making these comments. When it ends, it will end, and people don't realize that they're derailing these threads just as much by adding in these stupid comments.

I shouldn't have even had to make this post. Now let's get back on topic......

NYPD shot an innocent person? Nah, I just read that story last week!

Apparently the person running ran right into the cop, supposedly colliding with him and probably the cop may have thought he was about to attack him, prompting him to shoot. OK I'll admit I have jerk reactions too, but I think that if someone unarmed was running into him the officer should have saw that he could have been the hostage. I mean c'mon, a verteran cop?

Apparently the person running ran right into the cop, supposedly colliding with him and probably the cop may have thought he was about to attack him, prompting him to shoot. OK I'll admit I have jerk reactions too, but I think that if someone unarmed was running into him the officer should have saw that he could have been the hostage. I mean c'mon, a verteran cop?

Well think about it... They were responding to a robbery and normally robbers exit through the front. From my understanding, the robbers instead existed through some back entrance while the guy that was shot and killed (the worker) came out through the front. I think it is very easy to pass judgment when one isn't in that situation. It was a tragic accident.

NYPD needs to have their guns removed since they prove time and time again they have no business carrying guns. They would serve the public better if they were unarmed like the police in the U.K.

Europe has strict gun laws unlike some places here, so cops don't have to be armed there. Whole different situation in Europe. It is much more difficult to get a gun there.

Well think about it... They were responding to a robbery and normally robbers exit through the front. From my understanding, the robbers instead existed through some back entrance while the guy that was shot and killed (the worker) came out through the front. I think it is very easy to pass judgment when one isn't in that situation. It was a tragic accident.

Which means that possibly the cops could have made a strategic mistake in assuming the robbers were still in the front of the store thinking the gunmen were still busy stashing cash in their pockets.

Which means that possibly the cops could have made a strategic mistake in assuming the robbers were still in the front of the store thinking the gunmen was still busy stashing cash in their pockets.

Very possible... The other thing that bothered me about the story was the community in general. I don't understand how they sat back and watched the whole thing go down and basically were of no assistance when the cops did show up, yet were the first ones to criticize... Typical. Quite frankly if the community didn't see the police as the "enemy" perhaps this mistaken identity wouldn't have happened. Like I said, I've always welcomed police in whatever community I lived in.

That logic is flawed. I know it is not your reasoning, but for the NYPD to believe that is just wrong. In the event of the release of hostages, would they not exit through the front?

Europe has strict gun laws unlike some places here, so cops don't have to be armed there. Whole different situation in Europe. It is much more difficult to get a gun there.

This I agree on.

Which means that possibly the cops could have made a strategic mistake in assuming the robbers were still in the front of the store thinking the gunmen were still busy stashing cash in their pockets.

Which is why I believe thier reasoning was flawed.

It's easy to like the police as long as you aren't, you know, a perp.

Really? So everybody is supposed to watch the brutality, the racism, the mis-shootings, the cover-ups, the spying, the crushing of dissent, the ineffectiveness, and just swallow it? Oh, okay.

Really? So everybody is supposed to watch the brutality, the racism, the mis-shootings, the cover-ups, the spying, the crushing of dissent, the ineffectiveness, and just swallow it? Oh, okay.

Oh boy... Here we go... You know you use any opportunity to call cops racists and unprofessional, as if all cops are pigs and I really have a problem with it. When I took a semester off to plan for my study abroad in Italy I actually worked security for a while since it allowed me to work at night and take care of school things in the day and I had a very cool (paesano) Italian guy that used to send cops over to watch out for me when I did my grave yard shift rounds there in Williamsburg. This incident was an accident. Nothing more, nothing less... You've been drinking too much of the liberal Kool-Aid going around. :lol:

If that were my family member or friend I'd be angry too, but this looks like nothing more than a really unfortunate accident. I'm honestly sorry that this young man had to die in such a tragic way, but it would be unfortunate to start blaming this officer JUST because hes a cop. In the anger of other unarmed shootings, its easy to forget that not all cops are racist incompetent pigs.

You know, that's a possibility involving many potential cases of police misconduct that cannot be ruled out. Because aside from reasons due to strategic error, why did that police officer make that mistake? I was asking myself similar questions along these same lines.

Archived