Fresh Out The Box

The Real

What's the deal with the lights on the bus? The lights are clear up by where the bus signage is. Are those blue flashing SBS lights or what's the deal?

Those are blue SBS lights, Gun Hill has retained about 5-7 D60HFs with the SBS set up for when there is a Nova shortage.

Those are blue SBS lights, Gun Hill has retained about 5-7 D60HFs with the SBS set up for when there is a Nova shortage.

Ah-ha! I knew something was up with those lights... Very interesting... So that means they had to fix up the doors and such too to open automatically... Something I noticed on the M15SBS on Friday on my one stop ride was that the B/O can control all three doors individually or together which is cool. Years ago my uncle showed me how the door system worked on an RTS on one of his layovers uptown and I was surprised at how simple the mechanism is.

Yes there is, look again...

As for the door mechanism, it's just a wrench like lever near the driver's window...

If he's referring to the black stripe part where the other sticker is then no. That's usually where the depot stickers are placed. The newer buses with the black stripe don't have space there so they place the depot stickers elsewhere..

As for the door mechanism, yes, I'm aware of that.

If he's referring to the black stripe part where the other sticker is then no. That's usually where the depot stickers are placed. The newer buses with the black stripe don't have space there so they place the depot stickers elsewhere..

As for the door mechanism, yes, I'm aware of that.

He means the stripe below the window...

Archived