Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

Fresh Out The Box

I must say this scheme is nice. It attempts to give off the apperance of a low floor bus. The only thing I dislike is that ad placement should be directly below the stripe, rather than the window.

I must say this scheme is nice. It attempts to give off the apperance of a low floor bus. The only thing I dislike is that ad placement should be directly below the stripe, rather than the window.

That was another thing I thought they should have done as well.

What's the deal with the lights on the bus? The lights are clear up by where the bus signage is. Are those blue flashing SBS lights or what's the deal?

Those are blue SBS lights, Gun Hill has retained about 5-7 D60HFs with the SBS set up for when there is a Nova shortage.

Those are blue SBS lights, Gun Hill has retained about 5-7 D60HFs with the SBS set up for when there is a Nova shortage.

Ah-ha! I knew something was up with those lights... Very interesting... So that means they had to fix up the doors and such too to open automatically... Something I noticed on the M15SBS on Friday on my one stop ride was that the B/O can control all three doors individually or together which is cool. Years ago my uncle showed me how the door system worked on an RTS on one of his layovers uptown and I was surprised at how simple the mechanism is.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that thinks the depot sticker should have been placed on the black stripe??

Not enough room to place it there....

Yes there is, look again...

As for the door mechanism, it's just a wrench like lever near the driver's window...

Yes there is, look again...

As for the door mechanism, it's just a wrench like lever near the driver's window...

If he's referring to the black stripe part where the other sticker is then no. That's usually where the depot stickers are placed. The newer buses with the black stripe don't have space there so they place the depot stickers elsewhere..

As for the door mechanism, yes, I'm aware of that.

If he's referring to the black stripe part where the other sticker is then no. That's usually where the depot stickers are placed. The newer buses with the black stripe don't have space there so they place the depot stickers elsewhere..

As for the door mechanism, yes, I'm aware of that.

He means the stripe below the window...

He means the stripe below the window...

If that's the case, they're not placed there anyway. That was my point. On the newer buses they're placed often times above the door. The older ones have them place somewhere near to where that logo is placed.

how do you guys get insdie the depot o,O

Most of us that posts pics inside the depot actually work for the MTA. The others usually get pics of inside by walking past an open bay door in some depots.