Oldest MTA New York City Transit Subway Cars Getting Their Final Makeover

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-72652000-1347291648_thumb.jpg[/float]Maintenance on our R32s cars will keep them on the rails until new R179 cars are delivered.

With their once-gleaming stainless-steel bodies dulled by age and their windows scarred by the negative attention of vandals, (MTA) New York City Transit's R32 subway cars are living out their final years of service until the arrival of their replacements. In order to make those last trips go more smoothly, however, the cars are "having a little work done."

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-72652000-1347291648_thumb.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those junky cars wont last till 2014 without this rehab

lol... That I can believe... I was on the (A) one Saturday back in the summer... Got on at Columbus Circle and went Downtown to Fulton to catch the (4)(5) so I wouldn't miss the BM3 to Sheepshead Bay... The AC was lackluster and the car was just depressing. I hate being taken back to the 70s, especially since I didn't exist until the 80s. :lol:

I'm surprised that they're doing so much work if these cars are going to start being retired in 2014 according to the article...

I heard the test train is going to arrive in late 2014 and the rest of the fleet starting in 2015-2017. Don't know if anything has changed or not with that plan.

When Ch.7 did this story, they showed footage of an R38 running!

Yea, they ALWAYS do that. The funniest thing is when they're talking about a B division line and they show A division stock, or vice versa LOL.

When they run a story on the NYC Subway itself they always use a graphic of the Los Angeles Metro subway train. :blink:

They've been doing this for several years now.

Those junky cars wont last till 2014 without this rehab

lol... That I can believe... I was on the (A) one Saturday back in the summer... Got on at Columbus Circle and went Downtown to Fulton to catch the (4)(5) so I wouldn't miss the BM3 to Sheepshead Bay... The AC was lackluster and the car was just depressing. I hate being taken back to the 70s, especially since I didn't exist until the 80s. :lol:

<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

Not everyone is a fan of the older trains. I'm alright with that, as long as they have a legitimate reason, and not just on the basis that it's old.

Now, when people start bad-mouthing the R62 and R62A... that's a real problem... lol.

:) I'll roll with that. Thanks.

Not everyone is a fan of the older trains. I'm alright with that, as long as they have a legitimate reason, and not just on the basis that it's old.

Now, when people start bad-mouthing the R62 and R62A... that's a real problem... lol.

Those have about 8-9 years before they reach the end of their useful lives. I do look forward to seeing the (7) with the nice new trains.

Archived