Impressed with the L

Juelz4309

I was In East New York this weekend and Needed to get to East Harlem So I took the L fr

The Junction to 14 Union sq. I havent ridden the L for Over 5 years so I decided to take it.

I dont kno if it has anything to do with the CTBC project But the Speeds attained were Very Impressive...Or maybe it was that particular motorman but it seems we hit 30MPH or better between ALL o the stops Translating into a short 20 min journey...I dont remember this line being so fast! And the run beneath the river had to top 40mph at least! And yet we came to a smooth stop every time...Guess ive underestimated the L

line...Cudos L Train! Lol

I agree, Compared to the (L) in 2002, this is a such a big improvement. IDK if anyone remembers the Snediker Avenue el , but that thing was a crawl along with the timers going into bushwick-aberdeen and the really slow trip between Grand Street and Graham. If i remember correctly that small section between Grand and Graham had a 10 Mph limit . Now trains blast through there at 25-30 mph. Also the underwater tube reaches speeds of up to 50 mph.

The more you ride the (L) train, the more you get stuck in train traffic delays. I ride the (L) train daily, and a common station where i seem to get stuck for about 10-15 minutes is between morgan and graham everday

I sometimes ride that train. If a train is delayed, that's fine, as I can wait.

I agree, Compared to the (L) in 2002, this is a such a big improvement. IDK if anyone remembers the Snediker Avenue el , but that thing was a crawl along with the timers going into bushwick-aberdeen and the really slow trip between Grand Street and Graham. If i remember correctly that small section between Grand and Graham had a 10 Mph limit . Now trains blast through there at 25-30 mph. Also the underwater tube reaches speeds of up to 50 mph.

I agree with you too. The L is now cool!

The (L) IMO is one of the best lines in the system. Not only that, it uses my favorite of the B Division NTT fleet, the R143. I can just imagine seeing express service on the (L) , trains would really being hauling ass.

I see CBTC was such a big success, now it makes me wonder how the (7) is going to be once CBTC is up and running on there.

Admittably I'm also very impressed with L train service with CBTC. The service is excellent in my opinion (considering what we have as avid New Yorkers as it is), never had much issues. I'm really anticipating CBTC on the 7 and seeing how well that will go. The biggest accomplishment would be Queens Bvld with CBTC. One can only imagine how that could speed up things and up the quality of service.

Archived