U.S. Ambassador to Libya Is Killed in Attack

Shortline Bus

Referring to the mid east 'nations' such as Egypt, Afghanistan, Libya. There has never been a stable government outside of a king/ruler/dictatorship. To expect people to just become 'enlightened' like the rest of the world was too big of a leap for those that revere a religion to the point of demanding the death of anyone that denigrates their religion. Meanwhile, you have atheists or comedians mocking christians and jews and no one demands such people to be killed over it. Thus this whole firestorm in the middle east now are done by throwbacks or terrorists seeking to use this to their advantage

this was an embassy they attacked and the ambassador they killed, neither of which have anything to do with the US Military. All countries have embassies in other countries and ambassadors as a way to establish peaceful diplomatic relations with one another. According to international law, an embassy from lets say England located in lets say Tunisia is considered british soil, if the Tunisans attacked the british embassy it is considered a direct attack on british soil, and the british would be perfectly in the right to respond militarily.

The islamic terrorists also attacked our embassy in Egypt, we give egypt billions in foreign aid, we should cut all aid to Egypt until they take a firm stance against these terrorists.

Thanks for sharing with us the rules of engagement.

Let me ask you a question? Doesn't an ambassador serve as the highest seniority diplomat who represents a foreign sovereign or government ? If that is the case, whose interests are the ambassador to the US serving? Are they already serving the interests of the greater public, for real? Let me throw this in... What are the true agendas of the US concerning Egypt? Is it not to establish a foundation to the Western Bloc that is already in place for the sake of 'national security'?

Think about it, actually consider my questions because these are valid points as much as I know you will probably dismiss these facts, and then give me an answer.

Referring to the mid east 'nations' such as Egypt, Afghanistan, Libya. There has never been a stable government outside of a king/ruler/dictatorship. To expect people to just become 'enlightened' like the rest of the world was too big of a leap for those that revere a religion to the point of demanding the death of anyone that denigrates their religion. Meanwhile, you have atheists or comedians mocking christians and jews and no one demands such people to be killed over it. Thus this whole firestorm in the middle east now are done by throwbacks or terrorists seeking to use this to their advantage

So basically, in other words, what you're saying is that these people are too stupid and brutish to be civilized and enlightened like the rest of the world?

And of course, you're the enlightened one, right? Never mind those "subhumans"...

I mean, look, I agree with you that the extent to the violence that's happening over there is just ridiculous for just a stupid movie. But to call them subhumans and brutes just borders on racism.

So basically, in other words, what you're saying is that these people are too stupid and brutish to be civilized and enlightened like the rest of the world?

And of course, you're the enlightened one, right? Never mind those "subhumans"...

I mean, look, I agree with you that the extent to the violence that's happening over there is just ridiculous for just a stupid movie. But to call them subhumans and brutes just borders on racism.

Humans should not be killing others because some idiot decided to make a stupid video (which I doubt is the main cause of the violence), but if that's what the media keeps saying.. then what does it say about those rioting? Nothing civil about that.

It doesn't have to apply to muslims either. If this was a bunch of radical christians demanding the death of someone dipping a figurine of jesus in a jar of urine, I'd call them f**king nuts and brutes as well. Anyone that uses extremes to denounce something so minor and stupid instead of an 'apology', I call them as they are. It applies to everyone that acts that way.

So don't try to excuse what's going on in the Mid East like you sympathise with them. This level of thuggery should not be tolerated no matter who's causing it: Christian, jews, muslims.

So don't try to excuse what's going on in the Mid East like you sympathise with them. This level of thuggery should not be tolerated no matter who's causing it: Christian, jews, muslims.

Should I sympathize for the US occupation that was prevalent in Vietnam for example then? Should we let that pass for the sake of the greater American Dream? Or see it for what it was? A prolonged sadistic massacre?

I'll save the rest of the questions for later...

You know I have this sinking feeling this was done on purpose and not because of a video. This happened on the anniversary of 9/11 and I don't call that coincidence for any thing. If these people were that mad over a video made by some idiot then they should be mad at shows like American Dad and Family Guy, which have made fun of Islam and continue to do so.

Should I sympathize for the US occupation that was prevalent in Vietnam for example then? Should we let that pass for the sake of the greater American Dream? Or see it for what it was? A prolonged sadistic massacre?

I'll save the rest of the questions for later...

Who said anything about the US as being the savior? Way to change the subject. The whole point was how the hell do you justify a whole region of the world exploding in a rage against the west because of a stupid video? That's my whole point. The religious fanatics are the issue. How can they be reasoned with if all it takes to provoke them is by crude humor about their religion or prophet? I am not like those idiots like Sean hannity that are cheerleaders of everything America. Of course the US has done terrible things in the past, but that has nothing to do with this current level of violence on a global scale over such a video.

Because you have that same particular disposition on the United States, foreign diplomacy and what this issue in Egypt, that the United States is even in the right here given our record in the field. (The world arena...). Plus I really don't buy your response to why you are calling middle-eastern brothers savages.

You really should try to me more constructive thinking on incidents that affect large spans of the globe. You will start to see things that is contrary to what some of the things we've even learned in HS.

Then what do you call this? 'Justifiable rage against the west?' You want to believe what you want, I am not going to bother continuing on arguing, but nothing is ever worth killing innocent people that had nothing to do with that video. I'll end it with that.

Thank you. That's my point. Your biased viewpoint.

Nope, because what's the point if you won't even answer my basic question about how do you justify the violence. From your lack of answer and some what hatred of this country, it seems you support what's going on. So there's nothing more to say.

There's nothing to justify the violence, unless you're an extremist Muslim.

Your problem is thinking that things like installing dictators and tyrants to "stabilize" the country and then expect that the people of that country won't be mad.

Did we install a dictator to stabilize our country right after the Revolution?

Heh you people are still arguing about this? This is what Islam is all about, no tolerance, its either the way of islam or extreme violence and madness.Yet the sympathisers here cant admit that. This is why you will always see them behaving this way when something doesnt go their way or offends them.

Heh you people are still arguing about this? This is what Islam is all about, no tolerance, its either the way of islam or extreme violence and madness.Yet the sympathisers here cant admit that. This is why you will always see them behaving this way when something doesnt go their way or offends them.

The Muslims in my college sure as hell aren't blowing up buildings and killing diplomats. And especially in my college, where critiques are everywhere. Your problem is thinking all Muslims are violent. What you can't admit is that you're ignorant. Honestly, you here thinking that all Muslims are intolerant is a prime example of your ignorance. Even more, you seem to think that I and some others here sympathize with terrorists. We don't. But of course, you're ignorant, so you'll never understand that.

The Muslims in my college sure as hell aren't blowing up buildings and killing diplomats. And especially in my college, where critiques are everywhere. Your problem is thinking all Muslims are violent. What you can't admit is that you're ignorant. Honestly, you here thinking that all Muslims are intolerant is a prime example of your ignorance. Even more, you seem to think that I and some others here sympathize with terrorists. We don't. But of course, you're ignorant, so you'll never understand that.

No, alot of these muslims are violent. If this wasnt the case you wouldnt see such wide spread pandemonium everytime something offends their religion. Not to mention they hide behind their religion as an excuse to rape, riot and burn everything in their way, its really about them hating the U.S.A. and less about the actual film itself. Thats why you see them over there doing these things. Any little reason to use as an excuse for them to justify acting this way. This reflects the Majority, if it didnt you would see way more peaceful protests thant what we are seeing now. But you are jaded with your rose colored glasses and will never see that.

As for the Muslims in your school, they are just more liberal and not as strict to adhearing every law of their Quran. They are somewhat more openminded.

Because you have that same particular disposition on the United States, foreign diplomacy and what this issue in Egypt, that the United States is even in the right here given our record in the field. (The world arena...). Plus I really don't buy your response to why you are calling middle-eastern brothers savages.

You really should try to me more constructive thinking on incidents that affect large spans of the globe. You will start to see things that is contrary to what some of the things we've even learned in HS.

i would love to see what you learned in high school. How America has been so terrible for the rest of the world, when weve freed more people from despots and tyrannical scumbags, oh yeah America sucks. give me a break. we are not perfect but weve done more good for the human race than any other country in history.

this video is a convenient excuse, this happened on 9/11, thats the reason.plain and simple

joe

little drones lie you are the ignorant ones

joe

No, alot of these muslims are violent. If this wasnt the case you wouldnt see such wide spread pandemonium everytime something offends their religion. Not to mention they hide behind their religion as an excuse to rape, riot and burn everything in their way, its really about them hating the U.S.A. and less about the actual film itself. Thats why you see them over there doing these things. Any little reason to use as an excuse for them to justify acting this way. This reflects the Majority, if it didnt you would see way more peaceful protests thant what we are seeing now. But you are jaded with your rose colored glasses and will never see that.

As for the Muslims in your school, they are just more liberal and not as strict to adhearing every law of their Quran. They are somewhat more openminded.

No, it doesn't. At all. God knows what they'd say if somebody tried to generalize about the majority of Christians from the actions of a few, we'd be generalized as Nazis, white supremacists, rioters, radicals, serial killers, every atrocity in the book. That's why we don't generalize like that. You are bigoted and confused and you're not half the authority you think you are on this.

Since we going to name calling, might well lock the thread before a flame war begins. This is a highly passionate debate and expected. With that said, I dont think there will ever be peace in middle east as long as the earth exists. When people are being called bigots, it's gotten too deep and time to make it a wrap at least for now.

Archived