Ex-Queens XD40s in Brooklyn September 12

MattTrain

Brooklyn is lucky when it comes to get new buses. I hope people don't destroy the buses right away.

I see the B1 is everyone's favorite line fan in Brooklyn.

They should be in good condition, I haven't seen them abused (besides the litter). The B1 is popular yes, but I think the B6 tends to be more focused, especially with the longer distance it travels than the B1.

Brooklyn is lucky when it comes to get new buses. I hope people don't destroy the buses right away.

I see the B1 is everyone's favorite line fan in Brooklyn.

I ride the B6 the most out of the UP routes and the buses are still in good shape (no major vandalism). So don't worry about the Novas, they'll be fine. How are the QV xd40s?

Brooklyn will soon be almost NF turf :) B6 definitely needs Xd40s or 3g as the novas are not good enough to handle the masses of school kids. I would say it's as bad as when the 9300s with the suburban seats were used. Just not enough room.

Cool pics!

Thank you very much!

Damnit!!! 4811 was the first XD I rode on the Q-46. at now its at Ulmer. Oh well. Cool pics btw,

Thanks a lot. I rode 4811 on the B64 this afternoon, and in the morning saw that on the B1. I snatched Queens Bus timetables from 4811 and it still has the Queens Bus map on it.

I ride the B6 the most out of the UP routes and the buses are still in good shape (no major vandalism). So don't worry about the Novas, they'll be fine. How are the QV xd40s?

Brooklyn will soon be almost NF turf :) B6 definitely needs Xd40s or 3g as the novas are not good enough to handle the masses of school kids. I would say it's as bad as when the 9300s with the suburban seats were used. Just not enough room.

Pretty soon that's all you're going to see. The Orion 7 3gs are still plentiful, but I've only seen one LFS on the B1 today. The LFS days in Brooklyn look to be numbered.

Thanks everyone! There's still some XD40 buses left in Queens but at this rate they'll be moving out of there quickly! I thought the B6 was the more popular route of Ulmer Park.

Dunno about popular, but when you want to wait along an UP route for all the types, you can't go wrong with the B6. It runs practically everything.

Dunno about popular, but when you want to wait along an UP route for all the types, you can't go wrong with the B6. It runs practically everything.

That's true. Best spots would be anywhere around Flatbush Junction or at least east of Avenue J during Rush Hours when buses are like every 3-5 minutes frequency. I did see 4839 on the B6 also but couldn't get a good shot of it :(

Here's another batch of photos taken yesterday: XD40s caught were 4822 and 4831 on the B36 and 4821 on the B1.

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg015.jpg

And today, includes training bus Orion 7 NG Hybrid from Grand Avenue Depot and XD40s 4818, 4819, 4820, 4829, 4833, 4839

QueensEx98.jpg

QueensEx102.jpg

QueensEx105.jpg

QueensEx107.jpg

QueensEx111.jpgQueensEx118.jpg

QueensEx119.jpg

QueensEx134.jpg

QueensEx137.jpgQueensEx138.jpg

QueensEx153.jpgQueensEx164.jpg

QueensEx168.jpg

QueensEx170.jpg

QueensEx182.jpg