SIR Conductor Exam 3800

Soundview Saint

Hello

I have a few friends sign up for this exam and i am trying to help them find a Study for for the exam. Can anyone tell me if this book would do the trick or could anyone recomend a better book. Thanks in advance.

Heres the only Conductor book that i could find.

http://www.passbooks.com/conductor/

I'm a Station Agent in NYCT so i dont know if this book covers all Conductor Business for SIR/Metronorth/NYCT RTO.

For the book, I have it at home, it should be ok, even tho its mainly used for studying NYCTA C/R.

BTW I wouldn't bother buying the book now, until you get informed that you can take the test (which the letters should be out in Nov). Since not everyone may get accepted for the test (which is in Feb 2013). Of course, if you wanna get an early start, go ahead!

Those passbooks for the conductor exam are useless.

I agree. I was looking at different test prep books for the Bus Operator exam, and I did not like those "passbooks" at all. In my opinion, even though I never took an exam for NYC Transit or Staten Island Railway, I don't think the practice exams in those books are anything similar to the exams.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those books are about 95% rubbish compared to the exams. The test is just basic common sense , you don't need any special knowledge to pass the exam. My suggestion is to just take your time answering questions and revise everything if you still have time once you've completed the exam.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived